• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

03/24 GDT : Tampa Bay Lightning vs Detroit Red Wings : 7:30 PM ET

Will Sheahan score tonight?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Torn better the necessity of tanking and the joy of playing spoiler for Tampa's playoff hopes. They're 3 pts. out with a game in hand.

Anyway, Just want a good game from Mrazek and a goal from one of the young guns: Mantha, AA or Larkin.

Don't dude. Don't even go there. We're not a petty spoiler team like Carolina, Florida, Edmonton of the last 10 years. We're the Red Wings. We have to go back to being on top and rather than try to spoil it for others, be that one's that are targeted by the s*** teams. 

Edited by kickazz

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Don't dude. Don't even go there. We're not a petty spoiler team like Carolina, Florida, Edmonton of the last 10 years. We're the Red Wings. We have to go back to being on top and rather than try to spoil it for others, be that one's that are targeted by the s*** teams. 

cf74cd2fe08a91207de7dc9ffca25307.jpg

I refuse. The sooner we get better players and better picks the faster I can put this s*** season behind me.

Was at a pickup game a few weeks ago and the amount of s*** some of the people I play with were talking about Detroit. "f*** hockeytown". "Chicago's the real hockeytown". "Detroit sucks". "Welcome to being a bottom feeder for the next 10 years".

No way I'm already sick of hearing the trash talk. I played with a lot of bandwagon Patrick Kane and Zach Parise fans that game rocking their ugly ass Blackhawks and Wild jerseys. Some of them are from out of state working/ going to grad school here in Detroit. But some of them are actually from Detroit suburbs just being annoying and glamorizing Kane, Kieth etc. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

I refuse. The sooner we get better players and better picks the faster I can put this s*** season behind me.

Was at a pickup game a few weeks ago and the amount of s*** some of the people I play with were talking about Detroit. "f*** hockeytown". "Chicago's the real hockeytown". "Detroit sucks". "Welcome to being a bottom feeder for the next 10 years".

No way I'm already sick of hearing the trash talk.  

There are Chicago fans in the D now?? Situation is worse than I thought 

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Yeah man, there are. They're all bandwagon annoying s***s. 

Dang. I remember when the Pistons were playing the Lakers in the finals, and there were more than a few Detroiters supporting the Lakers. Like what? Move to Chicago/LA then. Nothing worse than bandwagoners.  Pissin me off.

45 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dang. I remember when the Pistons were playing the Lakers in the finals, and there were more than a few Detroiters supporting the Lakers. Like what? Move to Chicago/LA then. Nothing worse than bandwagoners.  Pissin me off.

couldn't help but read you like that

vhxjx0.jpg

man, I was so happy when the Pistons won that series.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I legit do not recognize half the names in Tampa's forward lines. They're having a rough season injury-wise eh?

I think the entire team is named Kucherov.  Big family, the players just wear different names on their jerseys. 

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

No way I'm already sick of hearing the trash talk. I played with a lot of bandwagon Patrick Kane and Zach Parise fans that game rocking their ugly ass Blackhawks and Wild jerseys. Some of them are from out of state working/ going to grad school here in Detroit. But some of them are actually from Detroit suburbs just being annoying and glamorizing Kane, Kieth etc. 

Well you can at least bask in the knowledge that 99% of those "Hawk" fans are bandwagon fans and as soon as they start tanking (and they will) then they'll be jumping off in droves.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

But even when we're contenders, they would build up games where we'd have a chance to knock a rival out of the playoff race. It might be more fun to be a spoiler sitting pretty at the top of the standings, but I hope everyone on the team still especially wants to beat the team that has knocked them out the past few years.  

It would be more beneficial to lose out, but you want the team to keep the winning spirit. Lethargy can be highly contagious and can last beyond the year. Anyway, I don't think anyone on the team's really tanking.

I do hope we're making decisions and giving opportunity (minutes) based on long term growth rather than short term wins at this point of the season. That can have some residual effects that some might see as tanking. It is a fine line to walk.