• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

Chelios Blasts Mike Babcock

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Problem is he's just a piece as of now.  He has zero track record of helping any teams contend for cups.  And he has 4 more years.  We are stuck with his crappy contract, Abdelkader's, Nyquist's, DeKeyser's, Ericsson's, Kronwall's, Howard's, and soon to be Tatar's.

Pretty much yeah. All those contracts are unmovable. What Holland SHOULD do for the XDraft is leave all those guys unprotected, except for Tatar. Force LV to take a big s***ty contract off his hands. That's at least one down for doing nothing, since they have to take one player from each team no matter what. The only two I see him keeping is DD and Nyquist, but he shouldn't. Best case they take DD, Howard, or Abby.

7 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Pretty much yeah. All those contracts are unmovable. What Holland SHOULD do for the XDraft is leave all those guys unprotected, except for Tatar. Force LV to take a big s***ty contract off his hands. That's at least one down for doing nothing, since they have to take one player from each team no matter what. The only two I see him keeping is DD and Nyquist, but he shouldn't. Best case they take DD, Howard, or Abby.

Exactly.  If LV took Abby from us, it would be a huge relief.

Vegas will need some vet leadership on their roster and a solid vet netminder, would they contemplate taking Jimmy? not sure on that as i feel there will be a better netminder available Abbey is a Redwing lifer, he aint going anywhere soon. So when is Vegas picking their roster? 

OK, so you find a team that will take Nielsen for 5 more years if Detroit retains half his salary.  Then what?  Unless Holland is going to commit to a youth movement instead of overpaying more vets, which he's given zero indication that he'll do that, he's going to just sign another guy to a 4+ year deal, probably at close to $4-5 mil.  Then you add the $2.5 mil in retained salary, you're essentially paying the new guy between $6.5 and $7.5 mil a season.  As much as I hated the Nielsen contract from day 1, they'd be better off keeping him.

2 minutes ago, vladdy16 said:

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that this thread evolved from Babcock to Holland!

Let's get back to Babs here and actually start a thread about Holland, please.

six Degrees of Kenny Holland, he is like the Kevin Bacon of the Red Wings Universe

9 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Vegas will need some vet leadership on their roster and a solid vet netminder, would they contemplate taking Jimmy? not sure on that as i feel there will be a better netminder available Abbey is a Redwing lifer, he aint going anywhere soon. So when is Vegas picking their roster? 

Yeah I think they'd look elsewhere for goaltending first. If PIT can't trade Fleury before the XDraft then they have to protect him (NMC), and Murray will be exposed. No way he goes unclaimed. Bishop is UFA, but if they take him from LA, which I'm sure LA hopes they do, and can get him signed, they'll be set. Raanta will be available too, cause no way NYR protects him over King Henrik. There's other options as well. I think the Wings are stuck with Jimmy until his contract is over, unless he stays healthy and plays well until the trade deadline. Then they may find a taker.

Ive heard that LV is planning on taking a few goalies to corner the market and trade the ones they don't keep for players, prospects, or picks.

20 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah I think they'd look elsewhere for goaltending first. If PIT can't trade Fleury before the XDraft then they have to protect him (NMC), and Murray will be exposed. No way he goes unclaimed. Bishop is UFA, but if they take him from LA, which I'm sure LA hopes they do, and can get him signed, they'll be set. Raanta will be available too, cause no way NYR protects him over King Henrik. There's other options as well. I think the Wings are stuck with Jimmy until his contract is over, unless he stays healthy and plays well until the trade deadline. Then they may find a taker.

Ive heard that LV is planning on taking a few goalies to corner the market and trade the ones they don't keep for players, prospects, or picks.

It's something one of their scouts threw out there, but I doubt it's actually true. They will definitely have 2 or 3 very good goalies though.