• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Signs for the game Sunday

Rate this topic

lol, makes me feel good about my sign...

DRW_Sign.jpg

btw we lost that game 4-0 and my sign turned a "Shutout!" heckling into a "Respect" and a couple of fist bumps by the opposing team fans at the Olympia members club, last January

Edited by NerveDamage

46 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

lol, makes me feel good about my sign...

DRW_Sign.jpg

btw we lost that game 4-0 and my sign turned a "Shutout!" heckling into a "Respect" and a couple of fist bumps by the opposing team fans at the Olympia members club, last January

Very classy, ND.  You had the experience of a lifetime, and the honor of seeing our Wings play on the historic Joe ice.  No one can take your memories and the thrill of that away. LGRW!

IDK if it made the TV feed, but the turtle pounding day sign was on the jumbotron.  First period, then the camera guy came back later looking for me, and they showed shots of the brawl in 97 interspersed with shots of my sign.  I had "Good Bye Joe" on the other side of it, that made the jumbotron too.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

IDK if it made the TV feed, but the turtle pounding day sign was on the jumbotron.  First period, then the camera guy came back later looking for me, and they showed shots of the brawl in 97 interspersed with shots of my sign.  I had "Good Bye Joe" on the other side of it, that made the jumbotron too.

wait a minute... is that you, Dickie?  Cool!

dickie_Turtle.jpg.61d66c51d6816a43dda6f5f4b95b1e4e.jpg

lol, jk. just photoshopped it. I actually missed most of the game so can't really tell, I scrolled through the 1st period on nhl tv but they (NBC) talked mostly about the streak, and the championship year in '96-'97.

Did you get any problems about the signs as you expected? when I brought mine the guard told me a bit rudly "show me the sign" saw my reaction like dude chill, and then he toned it down and said "please, ..sir" then it was all cool after that.

Do they really ban certain signs? I mean, I guess so in case their offensive or something, but has anyone around here had any experience like that?

Edited by NerveDamage

Both signs made it in but my nail file/screw driver I had on my keychain was a dangerous weapon. If you give me 5 minutes I could have left a really nasty red mark on your arm with it. Couldn't take it in.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk