• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Farewell To Joe Louis Arena

Rate this topic

Since reality is setting in that the Joe is not long for this Earth, I had to fly my drone to 3d map the building so it will live on.

996 photos (around 5GB) make up this 12.02 gigapixel model. It took about 30 minutes total to capture over the course of 3 batteries. Probably somewhere around 5 miles total of flying zig zag back and forth across it to capture all angles.

https://www.altizure.com/s/Sy4qAzMDZ

4 hours ago, SetecX said:

Since reality is setting in that the Joe is not long for this Earth, I had to fly my drone to 3d map the building so it will live on.

996 photos (around 5GB) make up this 12.02 gigapixel model. It took about 30 minutes total to capture over the course of 3 batteries. Probably somewhere around 5 miles total of flying zig zag back and forth across it to capture all angles.

Awesome!

On 8/4/2017 at 5:15 PM, SetecX said:

Your efforts with the LCA pics and now this awesomeness are sincerely appreciated!

15 hours ago, TheXym said:

Your efforts with the LCA pics and now this awesomeness are sincerely appreciated!

Thanks man. Glad you like it. I will be posting video and pic updates to the blog soon. Also, when they start tearing the Joe down I'll document that whole process for anyone that can stomach to look at it.

On 4/8/2017 at 4:15 PM, SetecX said:

You, sire, are doing Lord Stanley's work. Amazing

Sorry, for bumping up an old topic... I kinda hesitated to create a new one for the simple question and this topic is somewhat related.

I am taking my daughter to UM this weekend, she's transfer student and starting her first in there.
I was wondering if there are any Red Wings-related events happening this weekend and also is it worth visiting downtown to see new arena and pay a visit to JLA?

Appreciate it!

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Still wondering whatever became of the men's room troughs...

They went to online auction like 2 months ago.

I think the minimum bid on them was like $15, not sure if they sold or not. Issue with the auction was you had to show up in person and haul the damn things away yourself. No shipping.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They went to online auction like 2 months ago.

I think the minimum bid on them was like $15, not sure if they sold or not. Issue with the auction was you had to show up in person and haul the damn things away yourself. No shipping.

I recall a massive auction taking place in the summer of 2017 - however the troughs weren’t up for auction at that time.

And yeah - you were responsible for dragging the winnings home...I could only imagine the looks I’d get going westbound on I94 with a trailer of troughs :lol: