• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fedorovfan

Not sure I agree with all points

Rate this topic

I would be OK with giving Vegas a 3rd to take Helm. Also if we were able to pull off trading a #7 to St. Louis for the 18th and 31st, I'm definitely taking Tippett and Hague. Outside of vilardi, some of those other guys the author listed are very disturbing. Mittelstadt would be fine, but the rest give me shivers. No thanks. 

I understand the idea of keeping Sheahan, makes sense. I really don't like leaving DD unprotected, but if you already have an agreement with Vegas to take Helm or Abby, then it'll work out OK. The rest I'm fine with, yes even protecting My quest and Tatar over Abby and Helm. I still find it hard to believe he'd leave Abby open, but whatever gets us back into the playoffs next season. 

The "writer" lost me at this :

My assumption would be that he hits long-term injured reserve prior to the 2019-2020 season (the Wings could probably cite his back injury) and as such, the Wings can obtain some cap relief. It’s worth pointing out that Zetterberg’s contract is subject to a cap recapture penalty if he retires early, so LTIR will have to be the way around his cap hit.

OMG FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME YOU CAN'T MAGICALLY PUT SOMEONE ON LTIR UNLESS THEY'RE INCAPABLE OF PLAYING. 

No you CAN'T put Zetterberg on LTIR and "cite" his back injury. He has to actually have a permanent OFFICIAL injury. 

The only one good writer that website is Kyle. I usually read his stuff. Prashant Iyer (the guy who wrote this) is a statistical genius (and I've used him as a reference plenty of times) but his inability to differentiate reality from some of his fantasized narratives is astounding. 

Edited by kickazz

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

The "writer" lost me at this :

My assumption would be that he hits long-term injured reserve prior to the 2019-2020 season (the Wings could probably cite his back injury) and as such, the Wings can obtain some cap relief. It’s worth pointing out that Zetterberg’s contract is subject to a cap recapture penalty if he retires early, so LTIR will have to be the way around his cap hit.

OMG FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME YOU CAN'T MAGICALLY PUT SOMEONE ON LTIR UNLESS THEY'RE INCAPABLE OF PLAYING. 

No you CAN'T put Zetterberg on LTIR and "cite" his back injury. He has to actually have a permanent OFFICIAL injury. 

The only one good writer that website is Kyle. I usually read his stuff. Prashant Iyer (the guy who wrote this) is a statistical genius (and I've used him as a reference plenty of times) but his inability to differentiate reality from some of his fantasized narratives is astounding. 

Have you listened to Kyle on their podcasts? Its hard for me

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Have you listened to Kyle on their podcasts? Its hard for me

I have not, is he bad on the podcasts? I generally like his tweets and articles. 

Edited by kickazz

15 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I have not, is he bad on the podcasts? I generally like his tweets and articles. 

Idk theres something about the entire wingingit podcast that is incredibly cringe worthy to me. Kyle cusses needlessly to the point where ur like why? Be a proffesional. Then they all circle jerk to how bad cleary is. Its super cliche and lame. I legit just hate that site

Lol I believe it. The problem with those guys is they have good ideas and are very smart but they let their emotions in the way of their judgement or they go far too deep into fantasy pretend land. 

Case and point this article talking about LTIR people without actual injury.

But they are good to use for statistical resources cuz they put the info together pretty well and no one here except maybe Buppy actually does stuff like that. 

Edited by kickazz