• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

Matt Tkachuk: League's New Villain?

Rate this topic

I came across this clips from LA v Calgary's game last night. and wanted to know more about the story.

So, it all started last time the teams met, when Matthew Tkachuk elbowed Drew Doughty in the face. and continued once they hit the ice, last night.

same play, different angle

and found this article on him http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/matthew-tkachuk-is-the-villain-we-need-right-now

The way Doughty avoids that hit is just amazing, bet he would've ended knocked out cold.

Iginla fought Engelland after a hit on Kopitar, Iginla ended up with a bloody jersey, all of it was Engelland's blood. Iginla had a Gordie Howe Hat Trick in the game

I really haven't seen much of him (Tkachuk), but it sure looks like fun hockey to watch.

Edited by NerveDamage

7 minutes ago, kylee said:

Tkachuk is a little weasel on the ice just like his fat dad. 

Made me laugh lol

Tkachuk is a little s*** disturber for sure, but the drama has been great to watch and I want more. I love to see the big bad kings get all upset about this punk kid who won't back down. Even after all the grief they gave him about the elbow to the head, and coming over to intimidate him during the warmups, Tkachuk STILL throws a wild hit targeting Doughty lol. This kid is fearless. A real treasure. Have at em boy!

18 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

Doughty is a spot picker. Tkachuk doesn't have to worry about having to fight him unless he shrinks 5 inches.

Doughty really shouldn't be fighting though.  If he were to fight, it's already a win for the other team because you take him off the ice for 5 min.

The Doughty/Tkachuk rivalry got heated again last night with Drew and Matt going at it verbally in the penalty box. The Kings swarmed Tkachuk after the whistle a few times too. Calgary v. LA are some of the best games to watch. Tkachuk is living rent free in Doughty's head, I love this kid.

6 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I have a feeling I'm not going to like Tkachuk after the Wings see him more, but right now I don't like Doughty more. So good on the kid.

It's amazing too me how much Tkachuk is able to get under Doughty's skin. He specifically targets the Kings captain and Doughty plays right into his hands getting all worked up. During their yelling match in the penalty box Doughty is visibly frustrated while Tkachuk is all smiles laughing at him.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Is it me, or is this the 'new' NHL.

Guys 15 plus years ago constantly yapped at each other, and then faced the 'music' when the time came.

I must agree here - I love guys like Tkachuk, and Marchand who ride than line between legal/dirty...Games become a poop-ton more exciting when there's a heated rivalry taking place.

To me there's a difference between Tkachuk and Marchand.

Marchand is just plain dirty. He'll spear you in the groin, sweep your legs, and all of the above. Personally not a fan of these types of dudes, but they make great villains fersure.

Tkachuk is physicality meets almost a foolish level of confidence. He'll lay some questionable hits no doubt, but he's not the dirty dirt bag Marchand is. He just goes to dirty areas and actually enjoys it. Kid is most comfortable playing at a super intense level.

Marchand will buttend you in the groin while no ones looking. Tkachuk will wait till your head is down, then fling his entire body at you while everyone is looking.

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Well - Marchand's 'body of work' is more established since he's been in the league several years more than Tkachuk.

I say give it some time, and we'll see similar results from Tkachuk as to what you'd expect to see from Marchand.

Either way - I def fall into that 'neanderthal' category where I enjoy hockey circa 80's/90's, and anyone willing to get their nose dirtied is a guy I will keep an eye on.

geico-caveman.jpg