• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Y19

04/01 GDT : Toronto Maple Leafs at Detroit Red Wings : 7:00 PM ET

Just now, datterberg1340 said:

but it will be fun to see them crash and burn in the 1st round, provided they make it

This isn't just sour grapes but I have no idea how they can win a series with that D.  

This game reminded me of why the Wings have never gotten out of the 2nd round with Jimmy Howard.  

After getting rid of Holland and Blashill, getting a real consistent goalie should be the next step.  Shouldn't be hard as goalies are a dime a dozen nowadays.  

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

This game reminded me of why the Wings have never gotten out of the 2nd round with Jimmy Howard.  

After getting rid of Holland and Blashill, getting a real consistent goalie should be the next step.  Shouldn't be hard as goalies are a dime a dozen nowadays.  

That or just let Mrazek f***in play. He had a bad season for the most part, but Blash didn't do him any favours either. Always too quick to turn to Howard or Coreau when he had struggles. Having him alternating games with Howard since he came back from injury was a head scratcher too, unless the team was trying to showcase Jimmy for a possible trade before the expansion draft. Simply having Howard around may bother him too. It shouldn't, but it might, just like it bothered Joseph having Hasek around. Some goalies simply play better and are more confident when they know they're the undisputed number one guy. You could say "Well this is the NHL, deal with it", but it's not an uncommon situation. I wonder had Howard been moved before this season like Holland tried to do, would Mrazek have played a lot better? It did seem when Jimmy was on IR we saw some of his best goaltending of the season.

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

That or just let Mrazek f***in play. He had a bad season for the most part, but Blash didn't do him any favours either. Always too quick to turn to Howard or Coreau when he had struggles. Having him alternating games with Howard since he came back from injury was a head scratcher too, unless the team was trying to showcase Jimmy for a possible trade before the expansion draft. Simply having Howard around may bother him too. It shouldn't, but it might, just like it bothered Joseph having Hasek around. Some goalies simply play better and are more confident when they know they're the undisputed number one guy. You could say "Well this is the NHL, deal with it", but it's not an uncommon situation. I wonder had Howard been moved before this season like Holland tried to do, would Mrazek have played a lot better? It did seem when Jimmy was on IR we saw some of his best goaltending of the season.

Holland tried to move Howard? First time i've heard this, link?

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Didn't see the game, but looking at the box score stats...

How in the world does Sheahan get 15:08 of ice time while AA gets 11:50?

Sheahan definitely got too much time, but some of AA's low minutes could be due the fact that AA was out for at least a little while when he was hit by a stick on a follow-through from a shot. Not sure how long he was getting fixed up for, though.

Or the reason could rhyme with spank.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I follow the team pretty religiously. Not heard it. Link or no?

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/04/25/jimmy-howard-detroit-red-wings/83512050/

He basically kicked some tires, but in the end Howard's contract, injuries, and inconsistency plus a low demand for starting goalies kept him put. Calgary went with Elliott, Toronto went with Andersen, Carolina re-signed Ward.

Excellent loss. And with that said I don't like losing to a bunch of kids, from Toronto on top of that.

Why excellent? Because after our loss and Dallas's win we have sailed down to the 5th worst position. And why is that good? Because of the draft pick percentage chances.

1 hour ago, Jacksoni said:

Excellent loss. And with that said I don't like losing to a bunch of kids, from Toronto on top of that.

Why excellent? Because after our loss and Dallas's win we have sailed down to the 5th worst position. And why is that good? Because of the draft pick percentage chances.

who are you so keen after drafting? 

3 hours ago, kylee said:

who are you so keen after drafting? 

At this point, it's all we have to get excited about. And the reason it's all we have to get excited about is we are a bad team. And the reason we are bad is our serious lack of high-end young talent. And the place where you get high-end young talent is the draft.

6 hours ago, wings_fanatic said:

Everyone knew kenny was looking to move Howard last summer. Go find the link yourself if you cant seem to remember. 

Don't feed him....Number9 is one of those guys who believe that NTC means they can never be moved. Unless he wants to. When in reality tons of NTC's are moved time and time again, even if the player doesn't initiate it. It's called, hey, if you want to play in the NHL, give me a list of teams you'd like to play for. If not, have fun in the minors. It happens ALL the time, it's business. Name me a player that would want to play for a team that doesn't want him? That NTC gets waived nearly 100% of the time.

56 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Don't feed him....Number9 is one of those guys who believe that NTC means they can never be moved. Unless he wants to. When in reality tons of NTC's are moved time and time again, even if the player doesn't initiate it. It's called, hey, if you want to play in the NHL, give me a list of teams you'd like to play for. If not, have fun in the minors. It happens ALL the time, it's business. Name me a player that would want to play for a team that doesn't want him? That NTC gets waived nearly 100% of the time.

Lol says "don't feed him" then makes an entire off topic post trying to flame-bait. 

8 hours ago, chaps80 said:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/04/25/jimmy-howard-detroit-red-wings/83512050/

He basically kicked some tires, but in the end Howard's contract, injuries, and inconsistency plus a low demand for starting goalies kept him put. Calgary went with Elliott, Toronto went with Andersen, Carolina re-signed Ward.

Thanks. 

So he looked into it. He didnt have a trade lined up that fell through. Who knows why he didnt end up trading him. Good thing he didnt though.

8 hours ago, wings_fanatic said:

Everyone knew kenny was looking to move Howard last summer. Go find the link yourself if you cant seem to remember. 

Everyone knew? Everyone one besides me? Wow, this is embarassing.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

9360429.jpg