• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Y19

04/01 GDT : Toronto Maple Leafs at Detroit Red Wings : 7:00 PM ET

59 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

If Toronto can fix their defense next year the thought of having to play them 6 times a year is scary and it will only be year 3 of their rebuild. Insane how good their kids are

Ya the parity in the NHL now a days is crazy. It just goes to show you how much of a different a couple players can make.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thanks. 

So he looked into it. He didnt have a trade lined up that fell through. Who knows why he didnt end up trading him. Good thing he didnt though.

Everyone knew? Everyone one besides me? Wow, this is embarassing.

9360429.jpg

He didn't trade him because he couldn't find a team that wanted his contract and the questions about his health and consistency. He was coming off a down season and had only played 5 of the teams 17 playoff games since 2014. The goalie market sucked too, with only a handful of teams seriously looking. 

Calgary was one of the teams looking for a starter, but they opted for Elliott, who had rock solid numbers in St.Louis and took them to the Conf Final yet only carried something like a $2.8 million cap hit and is UFA come July 1. At first it looked like that backfired, but he's playing pretty solid now.

If they let him walk, Kenny should try to send Jimmy there. I think he'd fit in well. Fresh start with a team on the rise with some great players. He may still be a hard trade though, despite how well he's played when healthy this season. 

16 hours ago, chaps80 said:

He didn't trade him because he couldn't find a team that wanted his contract and the questions about his health and consistency. He was coming off a down season and had only played 5 of the teams 17 playoff games since 2014. The goalie market sucked too, with only a handful of teams seriously looking. 

Calgary was one of the teams looking for a starter, but they opted for Elliott, who had rock solid numbers in St.Louis and took them to the Conf Final yet only carried something like a $2.8 million cap hit and is UFA come July 1. At first it looked like that backfired, but he's playing pretty solid now.

If they let him walk, Kenny should try to send Jimmy there. I think he'd fit in well. Fresh start with a team on the rise with some great players. He may still be a hard trade though, despite how well he's played when healthy this season. 

Nah, it was cause his NTC

so I was at this game with the family....2nd time at the joe, 1st in probably 8 years however.  I am accustomed to the ACC now.....man, the joe is certainly old and I do think it's time for LCA.  the amazing thing about jla is how good even the highest seats are.  I sat right at the top once at the ACC and it was like watching ants play.  not so at the joe sitting 16 rows up in the 2nd deck.  the atmosphere at the game was excellent, overall it was fun and exciting although a win would've been nice for this one. 

On 2017-04-03 at 11:17 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nah, it was cause his NTC

No, Jimmy has a modified NTC. Only control he has over being traded is limiting the list to ten teams of his choosing. I don't feel like finding sources, but I'm pretty sure he said he would waive that clause so he can be traded anywhere if he was asked to move on. Holland couldn't find a trade partner last summer, and may never find one. Contract, age, injuries, consistency, playoff performance make him a hard sell.