• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Future is now! Svechnikov called up

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

How has he been doing in the AHL (honestly don't know)?  I'm kinda feeling this kid is about to get lit up but maybe someone can explain to me why that won't happen.

Didn't get off to a good start this season (first 20 games or so), but he's been great since then. 26 points in his last 30 games. 18 goals and 44 points in 68 games this season. I don't know if he's quite ready to be a real difference-maker at the NHL level, but he's more than earned this call-up.

37 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

How has he been doing in the AHL (honestly don't know)?  I'm kinda feeling this kid is about to get lit up but maybe someone can explain to me why that won't happen.

Adding to what Dab said,

Ive read he takes some dumb penalties and defense is an issue, but its something theyre working with him on and his game is improving. Doubt he gets lit up, but also doubt he makes a huge splash. Should be a nice taste for him so he can be more ready for training camp next year.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Remember when everyone was telling me no way on this?  Chalk up another W for me.  Booya!

To be truthful, you wanted him to replace Tatar (which is still an idiotic idea), now it's either him or Callahan. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Adding to what Dab said,

Ive read he takes some dumb penalties and defense is an issue, but its something theyre working with him on and his game is improving. Doubt he gets lit up, but also doubt he makes a huge splash. Should be a nice taste for him so he can be more ready for training camp next year.

Everything I've seen says that he's curbed the lazy dumb penalties.  He'll never be a Selke caliber player, which could be an issue with Blashill's obsession over "system and process" but with a good coach who knows how to use players properly he should be at least as good as Nyquist and Tatar (when they were scoring 25+ goals) and could be a legit top line winger.

10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Still chalked.

To be fair.

Enjoy your chalk W. Maybe your mom will stick it on the fridge so she can show all her friends that you're finally learning how to write. :)

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Remember when everyone was telling me no way on this?  Chalk up another W for me.  Booya!

You were advocating to bring up a player who was struggling in the AHL to play in a top 6 spot mid season. At that point we were trying to make the playoffs.

What's happening now, is they are eliminated from the playoffs, and are calling him up as an emergency call up. In addition, he has gotten his game together in the AHL. Completely different situation.

With that being said, lets see what the kid has!