• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 ECQF: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

51 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Honestly, if Bobvrosky plays his game, they'll win the series. Columbus ain't no joke.

And the Penguins will be without Letang!

And, in terms of pure motivation...if there's one team the Jackets would absolutely love to knock out in the first round, it's gotta be the Penguins. Right? I dunno if I'd say there's ever been a really substantial, legitimate rivalry between the two clubs, but, living in Pennsylvania, I do know Blue Jackets Nation has a very healthy dislike for Penguins Nation and Penguins Nation has a very healthy dislike for Blue Jackets Nation. This should be a really good series, same as Rags-Habs.

I feel bad for whichever team has to face the Caps in the first round. If it's Toronto...hoo boy. Talk about baptism by fire.

38 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

A nice little rivalry has been brewing between these 2 clubs this past season...Would love to see the BJ's pull it off...Would also keep the Wings back-to-back Cup wins intact.

With the Leafs losing last night - there's a fair chance that either TB, or the NYI could find themselves in the 8th spot if the Leafs screw the pooch this weekend.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I would love to see a playoff berth slip through the Leafs' fingers in the final days of the regular season, with Boston and Montreal and Ottawa all making it in. On the other hand, I'd love to see the Caps thoroughly obliterate them on a big stage.

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

If the NHL cares about ratings, Pittsburgh has to win this series.  Half of the casual sports fans in the US have never heard of the Columbus Blue Jackets.  

True enough. But everyone likes an underdog story. The Penguins winning would be business as usual, ho hum. The Blue Jackets knocking off the Penguins could generate buzz and possibly reel in an audience that otherwise wouldn't even know the NHL playoffs were happening. Bettman's whole thing is "growing the game." The path to that kind of growth = non-marquee teams becoming marquee teams. IMO.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

It is imperative that Pittsburgh nor Chicago win the Cup...We need our back to back to stay and we don't need Chicago to win 4 in 8 years...I could not stand the cock stroke-fest the NHL would have if either of those scenarios happen...

There is no "we" anymore.  "We" are the Montreal Canadiens fans now, talking about former glory.  At least we've seen our team win, though, instead of watching youtube videos of the old days like they do.  

I will be rooting against either Pittsburgh or Chicago, but truthfully, Chicago is the only team in the West that can generate good ratings for the Finals.  There's many big market teams in the East that could do so, but not in the West.  

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I gotta go with Washington and Edmonton! There's a bold shot!

Edmonton vs Toronto. how's that for a bold shot?

I'm on the Oilers bandwagon for the Playoffs

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

We all know it's gonna be Nashville vs Columbus...:tomato:

wow, that hurt my brain, but it's not the early 2000's anymore

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

NBC, and it's affiliates need to start calling the Blue Jackets the 'BJs'.

Everyone has heard of a 'BJ'...Right?

Bj and the bear, right?

oh, sorry forgot the bear trend was over...

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Good band.

A bit too progressive for my neophobic brain, but yeah fairly decent

4 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

I think CBJ should change their mascot to a Union Bear in honour of CRL and his love of Bears.

they've had a pretty bad run of mascots, I mean look at this sh*t...

18j55odb05xdvjpg.jpg

But, but... the Bruins?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs