• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 ECQF: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, T-Ruff said:

Blue Jackets and Bob have been a major disappointment, can't even beat Pittsburgh without their best defensemen. Pittsburgh keeps finding great clutch guys to fill their roster though such as Guentzel, Sheary, and Rust.

The Capitals will play them in round 2 and have a good chance at taking out Pittsburgh, if they can get over the psychological barrier they have with the Pens

Toronto is playing the Caps the way I expected the BJs to play the Pens. I am feeling the upset of the playoffs is going to be owned by Toronto especially if they win tonight. 

49 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Minnesota and Columbus, the 2 dark horse regular season power houses, are both 0-3

HA

Bet they both go back to sucking next year. Losers.

i feel bad for the blue jackets because they just cant seem to get to the 2nd round and this is only their 3rd Playoff series altogether 

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 0:30 AM, Hockeytown0001 said:

Highlights that hockey players are the toughest. Meanwhile LeBron James has to be carried off the court because he had a cramp. 

That's just him though, I seem to remember a certain Detroit Piston scoring 22 points in one quarter on a severely sprained ankle.

Back hockey, damn I wish the Jackets show up soon. I do not want to see the Whines move on...

16 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

Werenski out for playoffs. not that CBJ seems to be making a long playoff run, mind you.

https://www.nhl.com/news/zach-werenski-of-columbus-out-for-playoffs/c-288863098?tid=287343212

Incredibly poor judgment to have him playing after that....broken bones in your face, especially near your eye are dangerous.  Lawsuit waiting to happen if something would have gone wrong.

32 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

That's just him though, I seem to remember a certain Detroit Piston scoring 22 points in one quarter on a severely sprained ankle.

Back hockey, damn I wish the Jackets show up soon. I do not want to see the Whines move on...

It's all part of the plan. Pens win in 4 take a long rest whilst waiting for Toronto to win it in 6. 

1 minute ago, toby91_ca said:

Incredibly poor judgment to have him playing after that....broken bones in your face, especially near your eye are dangerous.  Lawsuit waiting to happen if something would have gone wrong.

whatever it takes  to get Torts away from coaching...

18 hours ago, sjr2012 said:

i feel bad for the blue jackets because they just cant seem to get to the 2nd round and this is only their 3rd Playoff series altogether 

To be fair, three series isn't a very large sample size. And they've been the undisputed underdog in at least two of those series.

1 hour ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Good thing they won, but Bob still doesn't look like regular season Bob. 

Nope, but he's a goalie that can make it a series of he starts playing at his best. I doubt they can win four straight, but it would be great to see them give the Pens a good scare.

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Russian goalies don't like the NHL playoffs very much. 

Case in point, Nabokov. Had he been better, the Sharks would already have a Cup or two.

Thanks for nothing BJ's. Hope whoever plays the Pens next round can get the job done.

13 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Case in point, Nabokov. Had he been better, the Sharks would already have a Cup or two.

Thanks for nothing BJ's. Hope whoever plays the Pens next round can get the job done.

Varlamov too.  I remember him falling apart in big moments.  

Bryzgalov as well was a train wreck.  If not for him, we wouldn't have beaten Phoenix in 2010 and 2011.  

19 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Varlamov too.  I remember him falling apart in big moments.  

Bryzgalov as well was a train wreck.  If not for him, we wouldn't have beaten Phoenix in 2010 and 2011.  

I seem to remember him being great in Phoenix, and the guy that kept them in the series. Once he signed in Philly (where goalies careers go to die) though, he fell apart. Bought out after ONE season. Never regained his form after that. Philly traded Bobrovsky after that for Mason to try to improve their goaltending. Bob became a Vezina winning star, and Mason has been ok at best.

Philly is cursed with their goaltending. Haven't had a franchise goalie since Hextall's first stint, lol

Edited by chaps80

8 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I seem to remember him being great in Phoenix, and the guy that kept them in the series. Once he signed in Philly (where goalies careers go to die) though, he fell apart. Bought out after ONE season. Never regained his form after that. Philly traded Bobrovsky after that for Mason to try to improve their goaltending. Bob became a Vezina winning star, and Mason has been ok at best.

Philly is cursed with their goaltending. Haven't had a franchise goalie since Hextall's first stint, lol

He was terrible in both playoff series against the Wings.  I remember him giving up at least one soft goal in every game during that 2010 series.  Guy was not a good playoff goalie. 

I guess Khabibulin breaks the mold, as he won the Cup in 2004, but the other Russian goalies I can think of have really struggled in the postseason.  

16 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He was terrible in both playoff series against the Wings.  I remember him giving up at least one soft goal in every game during that 2010 series.  Guy was not a good playoff goalie. 

I guess Khabibulin breaks the mold, as he won the Cup in 2004, but the other Russian goalies I can think of have really struggled in the postseason.  

I dunno, it was awhile back. I thought I remembered this board was flipping out at how good he was. That may have just been the one series that went to 6 in 2010. 2011 was a sweep I think.

And yeah, the "Bulin Wall" did win a Cup, but just barely. Calgary lost Game 7 by one goal. Funny how Nabokov wore #20 as a tribute to Tretiak. He should have asked him how to win stuff.