• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckbags

Is anything safe anymore? Our beloved tradition *Mod warning post #94*

Rate this topic

So The Hockey News ranked the 29 existing NHL mascots in their latest issue. They ranked the Wings' Al the Octopus at 29th and had this to say about it: "The only mascot without an actual human operator-and it glorifies animal cruelty. Doubling down on ineptitude."

What? Animal cruelty? Are you seriously comparing throwing dead, leftover seafood onto the ice to running a dog fighting ring? By that logic, throwing an uneaten hot dog or chicken wing onto the ice would also be "animal cruelty".

That kind of ignorant propaganda is exactly why I'm not renewing my subscription.

26 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So The Hockey News ranked the 29 existing NHL mascots in their latest issue. They ranked the Wings' Al the Octopus at 29th and had this to say about it: "The only mascot without an actual human operator-and it glorifies animal cruelty. Doubling down on ineptitude."

What? Animal cruelty? Are you seriously comparing throwing dead, leftover seafood onto the ice to running a dog fighting ring? By that logic, throwing an uneaten hot dog or chicken wing onto the ice would also be "animal cruelty".

That kind of ignorant propaganda is exactly why I'm not renewing my subscription.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. It is a little annoying that we're the only team "without an actual human operator" though...

I vote this be our new mascot...

61ed2059c3be6e29f322b26fbc8bacbb.jpg

We have real squids. Which we throw on opponents ice from time to time, usually after humiliating them which is a rarity these days, granted (not counting home ice).

For me throwing them or observing the spectacle works miracles compared to something like that picture above.

Now if she was almost naked with some squid-arm thingies hanging from her upper back, I'd buy that.

Never said I wasn't cheap. Or gender neutral. I Promise to be that once my testosterone levels drop to pre-teen levels though if it helps.

23 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. It is a little annoying that we're the only team "without an actual human operator" though...

I vote this be our new mascot...

61ed2059c3be6e29f322b26fbc8bacbb.jpg

LOL, I think we'd still be ranked 29th. And it would still represent "animal cruelty".

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This league and their problems with throwing dead seafood is so ridiculous.

If we threw coney dogs on the ice would anyone care? We'd still be throwing animals, but absolutely no one would care. The American public these days, looking for any reason to be offended by anything.

I'm offended that you think "The Hockey News" is written by the American public. 

I'm also offended by the term Coney dog. The term "Coney Island" was originally used instead of "hot dog" because the people selling them were afraid immigrants would think they were made out of dog meat. Putting the "dog" back in there is an insult to that etymology.

23 hours ago, Buppy said:

I'm offended that you think "The Hockey News" is written by the American public. 

I'm also offended by the term Coney dog. The term "Coney Island" was originally used instead of "hot dog" because the people selling them were afraid immigrants would think they were made out of dog meat. Putting the "dog" back in there is an insult to that etymology.

It's cool, I'm racist.

Yeah screw PETA man. Why not get old school biblical/Roman and sacrifice animals right on the ice? Slit a cows throat, burn a few chickens alive, shoot some puppies and kittens out of a canon. 

12 hours ago, lwing said:

Yeah screw PETA man. Why not get old school biblical/Roman and sacrifice animals right on the ice? Slit a cows throat, burn a few chickens alive, shoot some puppies and kittens out of a canon. 

What are cows and chickens trading for these days Jordan Belfort? I got my Trump tax bonus and I need to invest in something that isn't PETA shoveling animals into furnaces.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:44 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sports Illustrated writer S.L. Price paid $8.26 for a boiled octopus from Superior Fish Co. in spring 2008, the last time the Red Wings won a Stanley Cup. He stuffed it into his pants to sneak it through security into Joe Louis Arena, 

I get accused of this every time I go to a Wings game. :lol:

Stupid PETA....

On 19/12/2017 at 3:20 AM, Buppy said:

stop-killing-dogs-to-make-hot-dogs-i-sug

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

h2MJ-KDjLQxjDMJELQRfPJJ8tmFUXFQ0OuWawndr

Fish f*ck in it Woodhouse...

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So it seems that the last two seasons of missing the playoffs have caused Superior Fish to go out of business, eh? Not enough Octopi sales I guess! The team and the fans aren't the only one(s) to suffer during this drought! RIP Superior Fish.

Welcome back

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So it seems that the last two seasons of missing the playoffs have caused Superior Fish to go out of business, eh? Not enough Octopi sales I guess! The team and the fans aren't the only one(s) to suffer during this drought! RIP Superior Fish.

Why don't they relocate to Nashville and sell catfish to Preds fans?

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

... firing a new GM every month, ...

Start each season with 16 co-GMs, fire one every week, and the last one standing "wins" the job for the rest of the year.

4 hours ago, Buppy said:

Start each season with 16 co-GMs, fire one every week, and the last one standing "wins" the job for the rest of the year.

Make the players do an annual beauty pagent. 

Zetty prolly still looks killer in a bikini

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Show some respect to your next POTUS!

mike-pence-nasa-touch.jpg

Pence is low-key a total anarchist