• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckbags

Is anything safe anymore? Our beloved tradition *Mod warning post #94*

Rate this topic

Let's be clear--PETA is not an animal rights group, they are an "outrage" factory. When they lower the kill ratio in their shelters and stop kidnapping people's pets, then they can talk to me about animal welfare. In the meantime, they can just focus on throwing paint on fur coats and protesting irrelevant hockey traditions, and I'll go back to f*****g ignoring them. 

Uhhhh, as this forums official octopus thrower I need to state what already has been said. These are bought from a seafood store in Royal Oak, already dead. This is such a reach from PETA that I can't take it serious. I am actually shocked about how many people on here think the whole thing is stupid. 

8 hours ago, MisterDangles said:

Uhhhh, as this forums official octopus thrower I need to state what already has been said. These are bought from a seafood store in Royal Oak, already dead. This is such a reach from PETA that I can't take it serious. I am actually shocked about how many people on here think the whole thing is stupid. 

Keep throwing em!!!  

Just keep throwing them and if you have the chance throw some PETA members on the ice also ;)

On 2017-04-07 at 5:47 PM, Mckinley25 said:

I don't know about fined, but it's kind of an outdated tradition.  

I don't mind killing animals to eat them as much, but Octopi are intelligent animals and throwing them on the ice seems wasteful. 

Maybe Al Sobotka saves them and grills em up during the team BBQ's?

21 hours ago, WingsallTheway said:

Nice to see about 15 octopus on the ice lastnight especially the game after this stupid PETA thing

FSD had an actual "octopi counter" they flashed on the screen a few times throughout the broadcast and the last one I saw said 31. I've also heard 32 and 35 from other sources. Wonder if there will be an official count released :P 

Yeah, I'll be interested to see what what the final count is. The record is 36 in one game and I think there's a chance they beat it.

Last night in an interview with Al, he said that they make good food for fish, so if the city let him throw them in the river again or if he took them to an aquarium then there would be absolutely no issue of waste for Peta or anyone else.

5 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Yeah, I'll be interested to see what what the final count is. The record is 36 in one game and I think there's a chance they beat it.

Last night in an interview with Al, he said that they make good food for fish, so if the city let him throw them in the river again or if he took them to an aquarium then there would be absolutely no issue of waste for Peta or anyone else.

Good guy Al, always a crowd pleaser. 

Do you know what game that 36 was at? I'm assuming a cup final game but was curious what the record was the higher the FSD counter climbed. 

1 hour ago, amato said:

Good guy Al, always a crowd pleaser. 

Do you know what game that 36 was at? I'm assuming a cup final game but was curious what the record was the higher the FSD counter climbed. 

I don't know which game it was. I just heard it on the radio and they said it was in 1995. Wikipedia has that too, but doesn't say which game. A good guess would be one of the 2 games at Joe Louis in the final against the Devils.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/red-wings-fans-threw-35-octopuses-ice-joe-louis-arena-farewell-004926074.html

Yahoo says it was 35 last night. so close, haha.

On 4/8/2017 at 9:13 PM, NerveDamage said:

I was there last January, guess they all were downsouth back then

And did stay around west grand blvd, near Rosa Parks and the Motown museum, that area sure needs some revitalization, not just your "fancy" downtown with a one way people mover

Like worst area to stay around. Not even birds like to fly through there. If it was anyone else they probably woulda stereotyped Detroit right away after living there for like 2 days. 

63612.jpg

Edited by kickazz

6 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

well, that's the true Detroit.

No. This is the true Detroit. And my view this morning. Hello there Canada. Unfortunately cloudy this morning.

qMEo2cb.jpg

Edited by kickazz