• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

04/08 GDT : Montreal Canadiens vs Detroit Red Wings : 7:00 PM ET

My point being on this crappy Wings team - our goalies played as well as they could considering the team in front of them...By no means am I comparing our guys to what other teams have between the pipes.
The Wings Dmen, and forwards have been a huge disappointment, and I for one won't hang this on our netminders.

Not even the King or Price could overcome that defense. Green is more focused on points than defending, Danny has an off year and Kronwall needs to be a 3 pairing guy because his needs aren't​ going to get better.

Z had an awesome year and yet it wasn't enough to even get them close to being competitive, this team is so flawed and lacks star potential at every position.

Since this is the last regular season game i expect to read about a presser from Chris soon.

31 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Not even the King or Price could overcome that defense. Green is more focused on points than defending, Danny has an off year and Kronwall needs to be a 3 pairing guy because his needs aren't going to get better.

Z had an awesome year and yet it wasn't enough to even get them close to being competitive, this team is so flawed and lacks star potential at every position.

Since this is the last regular season game i expect to read about a presser from Chris soon.

Well definitely not the King, he is no longer the goalie you are remembering. Price would have made a huge difference though, I really think you underestimate the parity in the NHL Frank, Put an elite goaltender on this team, a 1A d-man, and a top center and we look like a completely different team. Just look at the Leafs last year to this year, or the Oilers adding McDavid, before McDavid/AM both of those teams were a joke. 

10 hours ago, F.Michael said:

My point being on this crappy Wings team - our goalies played as well as they could considering the team in front of them...By no means am I comparing our guys to what other teams have between the pipes.

The Wings Dmen, and forwards have been a huge disappointment, and I for one won't hang this on our netminders.

I get what you are trying to say, but if that was true Jimmy would have stats just as bad as Mrazek which he does not as he has a GAA of 2.15 to Mrazek's 3.04 and a Save % of 92.6 to Mrazek's 90.1. If Jimmy doesn't get hurt and keeps up those numbers, we are likely a playoff team (not contenders, but the 8th seed). 

I will agree though, our D is more of a problem then Mrazek. Last night in OT is a perfect example.

Edited by kliq