• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

04/09 GDT : NJD vs DRW : 5 PM ET Last Game at Joe Louis Arena

as I said earlier, incredible turn out of former players, but a few notable absentees I can think of:

Draper, Larionov, Hasek, Fetisov, Kozlov, Modano, Lapointe, Ward, Macoun, Hull, Robitaille

I'm sure they all had better places to be?

anyone else with any notable no-shows?

3 minutes ago, kylee said:

Why would Modano be a part of that? He played for like 5 games for the Wings lol 

eh, just thought since he was a Michigan native and all

and those were a great 5 games lol (I think I remember the first game he played vs. Anaheim and he scored about 5 mins in, then it was all downhill from there)

1 hour ago, datterberg1340 said:

as I said earlier, incredible turn out of former players, but a few notable absentees I can think of:

Draper, Larionov, Hasek, Fetisov, Kozlov, Modano, Lapointe, Ward, Macoun, Hull, Robitaille

Fetisov is high on the KHL's board of governors and the KHL is right in the last few games of their playoffs. He probably has to be there for that.

As for other guys missing, I don't think Paul Coffey or Ray Sheppard were there, but I missed a few segments so maybe I just didn't see them, 

Draper's the weirdest one not to be there since he still is in the organization. I wonder why.

3 hours ago, vladdy16 said:

I need this framed on my wall.

Freddie Olausson in the back row! What a great depth pickup he was in '02. His OT goal in Game 3 of the Conference Final on a night when Roy was a brick wall always sticks out in my mind.

38 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Fetisov is high on the KHL's board of governors and the KHL is right in the last few games of their playoffs. He probably has to be there for that.

As for other guys missing, I don't think Paul Coffey or Ray Sheppard were there, but I missed a few segments so maybe I just didn't see them, 

Draper's the weirdest one not to be there since he still is in the organization. I wonder why.

Fetisov must be OLD now. He played on the Soviet Olympic team in the 80's, and retired from hockey after the '98 Cup win.

Those Soviet teams were always so dominant, but they had access to their country's very best for the Olympics because they were considered amateur players, while Canada and the US couldn't use their very best because they played in the NHL. Wasn't a fair playing field. Since the NHLers started to play in '98, It's been much different.

1998-Czech Republic

2002-Canada

2006-Sweden

2010-Canada

2014-Canada

Russia has only medaled twice.  Silver in '98, Bronze in '02. 

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Fetisov must be OLD now. He played on the Soviet Olympic team in the 80's, and retired from hockey after the '98 Cup win.

Those Soviet teams were always so dominant, but they had access to their country's very best for the Olympics because they were considered amateur players, while Canada and the US couldn't use their very best because they played in the NHL. Wasn't a fair playing field. Since the NHLers started to play in '98, It's been much different.

1998-Czech Republic

2002-Canada

2006-Sweden

2010-Canada

2014-Canada

Russia has only medaled twice.  Silver in '98, Bronze in '02. 

According to Google he is 58.

1 minute ago, kliq said:

According to Google he is 58.

That's it? I thought mid-60's or so. Lol

3 hours ago, datterberg1340 said:

Was Bob Essensa there? Lol

Hopefully Todd Bertuzzi was to rep Sudbury.