• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

04/09 GDT : NJD vs DRW : 5 PM ET Last Game at Joe Louis Arena

26 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Yeah, right next to Dennis Rodman's jersey.  

Please tell me you're joking? I don't know what they are doing with the rafters in the LCA, but what I was imagining was, such it's such a modern and high tech building, that they can swap out what is hanging from the rafters with the push of a button. 

Now you kinda got me a little bummed, wondering if I'll be seeing Pistons stuff at the Wings game. Nothing against the Pistons, I'm just not an NBA guy. 

10 minutes ago, Jasper84 said:

Please tell me you're joking? I don't know what they are doing with the rafters in the LCA, but what I was imagining was, such it's such a modern and high tech building, that they can swap out what is hanging from the rafters with the push of a button. 

Now you kinda got me a little bummed, wondering if I'll be seeing Pistons stuff at the Wings game. Nothing against the Pistons, I'm just not an NBA guy. 

At least all the wings stuff will overpower the few banners that the pistons might have :P but yea, I imagine both teams' banners will always be up. 

42 minutes ago, Jasper84 said:

Of course you will.  This arena will be shared between both teams.  Naturally, the Pistons will also put their retired numbers and accomplishments in the rafters. What did you think, it would be a Red Wings only arena with a fancy looking LED roof?  

I just hope Gordie Howe and Dennis Rodman have jerseys that are close to one another.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

Haven't been around these parts in ages (looks like my last post was 3 1/2 years ago) but just wanted to say the Goodbye to the Joe ceremony was amazing (thank god Fox Sports Detroit posted the entire ceremony on youtube).  So many great memories and so many former players from the 80s, 90s and the 00s - and not just the stars either.  Loved that even the players were soaking it in with many waving to their family in the stands and recording the moment on their phones.  It was sad at parts of course as it would have been so great if Gordie and Mr. I. were still around, but if anything the ceremony reaffirmed to me the Red Wings tradition will always live on.  From the crowd to the speeches to the final hockey stick salute from the players to the fans and vice versa, it was everything the Wings and the Joe stood for.  What a franchise, what a place, what a city.

P.S. Come home Stevie!

4 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Of course you will.  This arena will be shared between both teams.  Naturally, the Pistons will also put their retired numbers and accomplishments in the rafters. What did you think, it would be a Red Wings only arena with a fancy looking LED roof.  

I just hope Gordie Howe and Dennis Rodman have jerseys that are close to one another.  

Well that sucks! Truthfully, I was expecting them to have the ability to swap out things like that with a push of a button, to make it more personalized for each team. It def won't make a Pistons fan out of me. 

That was one hell of a weekend and I still can't believe I was able to attend both games.. so thankful I got to see Tinky score hahahaha felt so good I can't imagine for him!!

feel so fulfilled, nostalgic and sad the Wings won't be in the playoffs. Here's looking forward to the rebuild!

crowd at the the Joe is simply amazing! 

4 hours ago, NerveDamage said:
C9EECs7XYAADTe4.jpg

Took me a few mins to find Stevie lol picked out Lids and Z right away though. Is that Vernon on Stevie's left? Not left in the angle of the pic, but left as they stand on the ice facing inward.

5 hours ago, Jasper84 said:

Well that sucks! Truthfully, I was expecting them to have the ability to swap out things like that with a push of a button, to make it more personalized for each team. It def won't make a Pistons fan out of me. 

Nah, I don't think any dual sport use arena has a system like that. Lots of money for nothing really. Each team will have their own end of the ice/court though I'm sure, so they won't be near each other.

It was a perfect sendoff for the Joe. Wish I could have been there, the crowd as the game was winding down was awesome. As for the ceremony after, it brought back a flood of memories watching the Wings in my younger days. Would have to say my two favorite moments at the Joe would be the March 26th game against the Avs and winning the Cup in 97.

On 4/9/2017 at 7:49 PM, BottleOfSmoke said:

Did Blashill get some boos, or is it just me?

I wasn't sure if they were boos, but there was DEFINITELY less cheering. 

On 4/9/2017 at 8:11 PM, Jasper84 said:

Come Home Stevie chant - my favorite one yet.

This was amazing. 

On 4/9/2017 at 8:14 PM, BottleOfSmoke said:

Karen not sounding so hot...

Ol Karen's looking and sounding a little rough in HD.

23 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Draper's the weirdest one not to be there since he still is in the organization. I wonder why.

His kid had a hockey tourney in AZ. The article I read said he watched the ceremony on his ipad and his kid's team lost.