• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chaps80

Detroit's first rounder.

Rate this topic

On 4/11/2017 at 0:11 PM, LeftWinger said:

For what it's worth, if Holland drafts that kid, I will go so apes*** that I'll probably get banned from here, which would suck, but then again, I'd never watch another Red Wings game again, so I'd have nothing to discuss anyhow. Every last piece of Red Wings parphanelia would hit the bonfire. That would be the last nail in the coffin of my life as a Wings fan.

So you are saying we either get to draft Patrick, Hischier, Glass, Liljeren, Vilardi, Makar, Necas, Mittlestadt, Tippett, Suzuki, Heiskanen, Rasmussen, Foote, Poehling

OR

Draft Petterson + never have to read another one of your cry baby posts again?

Seems like a win win.

3 hours ago, robb himself said:

So you are saying we either get to draft Patrick, Hischier, Glass, Liljeren, Vilardi, Makar, Necas, Mittlestadt, Tippett, Suzuki, Heiskanen, Rasmussen, Foote, Poehling

OR

Draft Petterson + never have to read another one of your cry baby posts again?

Seems like a win win.

Always resorts to name calling. From your post count, seems like we don't hear from you too much at all. On the rare occasion that you post something, you have nothing better to say than name call? You may as well just stop posting all together until you have something to bring to the conversation.

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

You missed the point as usual.

No, I didn't. It was just a VERY bad example. Not unless those type of roids are allowed in the NHL. He better start eating his Wheaties. 

46 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

No, I didn't. It was just a VERY bad example. Not unless those type of roids are allowed in the NHL. He better start eating his Wheaties. 

Yep you missed the point. Think abstractly not concretely. 

40 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

i for one hope that if we dot land the 1 one pick that we get a chance at vilardi or rasmussen id perfer Rasmussen for his size and the fact id love a big Center 

6'3" 200 lbs at 18 isn't a big center?  That's what Patrick is listed at.

32 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

6'3" 200 lbs at 18 isn't a big center?  That's what Patrick is listed at.

I believe he was saying "if we don't land the #1 pick", meaning Patrick isn't an option.

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Anything less than Nolan Patrick is a failure this draft.  End of story.  Rebuilds aren't about projects, gambles, and seasonings.  Rebuilds are about impact players.  If we draft a player that is X years away from NHL ready, then that X is equal to the rebuild delay.  Look at Edmonton, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Florida, and Colorado.  These teams have done/are doing it right.  Tank and game the system a few years in a row to get the 1st and 31st pick.  After 3 years, you have 1/3rd of your roster replenished with top of the line talent.  If the Wings don't luck out and win the lottery with their 5% chance, they should move their pick and a player to get Nolan.  He's a sure fire 1st game NHL player, and probably the only one in this draft.

Colorado is in year 8 of that philosophy and just put up the worst record in the cap era. Florida is in year 20-something basically. Edmonton in year 10. Chicago and Pittsburgh are the only two to have any success, both took a lot more than 3 years and both have taken a lot more than just a few high picks.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Even worse, you will never learn enough to even understand that you don't. 

6 hours ago, sjr2012 said:

i for one hope that if we dot land the 1 one pick that we get a chance at vilardi or rasmussen id perfer Rasmussen for his size and the fact id love a big Center 

Rasmussen at 7th seems possible. I think Vilardi will go top 3. But who knows with this draft.. A lot of the lists are so different after the top 2 or 3, I think it'll make the actual draft more exciting. I might actually watch the coverage this year. 

I honestly belive we have a chance at one of the guys we've all been talking about. Especially Tippett. If we luck out and get a #3, Vilardi should be our target.

Not unless he does something stupid and drafts a position player we aren't in need of.

Top 3 our targets should be Patrick or Vilardi. If we draft 7-10 our target should be Tippett. 

By the words I heard from his interview though, it sounded like he wasn't greatly impressed by Sproul, Ouellet or Jensen. Maybe he'll draft Liljegren. If so, I hope he is able to get Hague in the 2nd round. 

Edited by LeftWinger

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

But if Holland is as good as he and his apologists say he is, it won't take that long

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

More like people don't think he's as bad as haters like you do. 

24 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I honestly belive we have a chance at one of the guys we've all been talking about. Especially Tippett. If we luck out and get a #3, Vilardi should be our target.

Not unless he does something stupid and drafts a position player we aren't in need of.

Top 3 our targets should be Patrick or Vilardi. If we draft 7-10 our target should be Tippett. 

By the words I heard from his interview though, it sounded like he was greatly impressed by Sproul, Ouellet or Jensen. Maybe he'll draft Liljegren. If so, I hope he is able to get Hague in the 2nd round. 

I agree, but I really think Glass needs to be added to the list of guys we should be going hard after. I'd be okay with Mittlestadt in the 7-10 range as well.

7 hours ago, sjr2012 said:

Rasmussen is one of the few consensus top talents in this draft class that I haven't seen play, outside of highlight reel packages. I wasn't impressed by said highlights, which, if memory serves, were mostly just easy net-front goals. Based on that, and the running theme of the scouting reports (he's big and he goes to the net. Not much talk about raw talent, skill, high-end ability...the kind of things you'd want from a top-ten pick that you're hoping could become a cornerstone player for your franchise...), I've wondered if this kid isn't being overrated and overhyped. But I've given the scouts the benefit of the doubt and taken it on faith that he'd be a great pick-up for the Wings.

Which brings us to this WIIM fanpost:

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2017/4/11/15259068/dr-dangles-prospect-profiles-michael-rasmussen-c-tri-city-americans-15

I know, I know -- it's WIIM, a fanpost. But it's a good piece that confirms my suspicion, and the author makes a point that can't be overstated:

[ . . . ] if the Wings are picking in the top 10 (which they are), they must go for a player with as much skill and potential to become a cornerstone in the team's franchise for years to come. They need to swing for the fences with that 1st pick, and get the best player available.

At points in the last couple of FS-D broadcasts, Ken and Mickey said what the Wings need more than anything else is size and physicality. I trust the influencers and decision-makers behind the Wings' scouting machinery have a slightly more nuanced assessment of our needs and priorities.

Tippett has all we are looking for, if we are shutout of a top Center.
 Which if we stay #7-10, would be the wisest choice. IMO.  We take Tippitt at #7 and we take Hague in the second. (If still there)

Let's say we get #10, we get shutout of all these centers and Tippitt AND Liljegren.  Would you be ok with Holland taking Foote at #10? Then following it up with Hague in the 2nd if there? Or would you want him to explore more centers?

Let's look at a list of players we think may go in the top 10...players of which we've all talked about:

Patrick, Vilardi, Glass, Tippett, Liljegren, Hischier, Necas, Poehling, Makar, Suzuki, Yamamoto, Mittelstadt and Foote.  That's 13 players right there that would be nice pickups.

If we don't get #1 overall, then my choices would be:  Tippett, Vilardi, Peohling, Liljegren. Based on need.  You can toss Suzuki in there along with Glass.  My point being, it seems there are more than 10 players available at positions WE NEED before we go drafting positions we don't need just because. I like Yamamoto, but damn he's small! 5'7 153lbs!

I'm sticking with my ultimate 1st and 2nd round, which would be Tippett and Hague. Probably won't happen (maybe one of them) but if we somehow pulled those two out of the first two rounds? I would worship the air Holland exhales!

Ya, but #2 or #3 should get us Vilardi!

I wouldn't be upset, but honestly, I am huge Tippett fan. Would love him in a Wings Uni.

I know we need a C just as bad, so that's why if we got top 3 and didn't get Patrick, Vilardi would be great! But I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't draft Tippett at #3....it'd be a tough choice! My top three picks in the 1st round are Patrick, Vilardi and Tippett.

If I chose Vilardi at #3, I would do may damnedest to trade up to get Tippett as well!

So lets reset my ultimate 2 rounds at the draft:

We get a Top 3 pick, where we get Patrick or Vilardi...trade up to get Tippett, draft Hague in the 2nd round.

Edited by LeftWinger

Seeing some mock drafts with Cale Makar going to the wings at 7 or somewhere around 7 so i looked into him a bit more. Wouldn't be upset with drafting him. He's trending in the right direction, and quickly. Also had a very good showing at the world junior A challenge. 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=199655

https://www.nhl.com/news/cale-makar-nhl-draft-profile/c-287984570

13 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Always resorts to name calling. From your post count, seems like we don't hear from you too much at all. On the rare occasion that you post something, you have nothing better to say than name call? You may as well just stop posting all together until you have something to bring to the conversation.

I am not sure what my post count has to do with anything.

I don't have time to spend sitting on a hockey forum all day. (things like responsibility get in the way).

But I am curious as to how you would describe the post I originally quoted you on.

All it reminds me of is a 4 year old having a tantrum.

Maybe its me?  Am I the only one that is sickened by these posts?