• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 WCQF: Nashville Predators vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Hairy Lime said:

You should read the Blackhawks board. "Blow up the team"; "Fire Q"; "Fire Bowman"; "Team is too soft"; "Kane is one-dimensional"; "Hossa should retire"; "Keith sucks"; "Toews is the most overrated player in the NHL", etc, etc. Basically, replace the names and it's just like our message board these last few seasons.  

But I'm not counting out the 'hawks just yet. I remember when Detroit had them down 3-1. 3-0 is a little different, and Chicago is older now, but I want Nash to end this series in 4 and not even give Chicago any hope. 

Wings forums were the same way when the Wings were good.  

They're right about Tayes, though.  ;)

4 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

geez, you sure about that? because I think Anaheim, Calgary, Washington, Ottawa have fuglier jerseys. they;re too sporty and noisy, they look nothing like a Hockey sweater imo. 

I'm with you on Anaheim but I love Calgary's throwback alt jerseys. Same for the capitals. 

5 hours ago, Hairy Lime said:

You should read the Blackhawks board. "Blow up the team"; "Fire Q"; "Fire Bowman"; "Team is too soft"; "Kane is one-dimensional"; "Hossa should retire"; "Keith sucks"; "Toews is the most overrated player in the NHL", etc, etc. Basically, replace the names and it's just like our message board these last few seasons.  

Well, at least we legitimately have things to complain about. They still have a hell of a team and three cups since 2010. Watch, now that their core is older and the team is trending downwards from the unstoppable force they were even a couple years ago, you'll see quite a few of their "fans" jumping off the bandwagon. They already can't handle being down 3-0 in a series two years after winning a Cup and I guarantee some are one loss away from torching their Hawks gear. Once they start missing the playoffs again you'll start seeing the return to 5000 fans a game at the UC.

50 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

IMHO the Preds should've 'copied' what the Kings had in the 80's with the solid blue stripe along the sleeve...That would make the 'sabre tooth cat' alot more tolerable.

these are two of my favourite jerseys that happen to be yellow

First Go Walleye!

Gold_Walleye_Jersey_500.jpg

Geeky jerseys are AAmazing. I own this one

SI-1c.jpg

lol and both are fish related

Edited by NerveDamage

Looks like the Hawks are on their way to being up there for fewest goals scored in a best of 7 playoff series.  Minnesota only scored 1 goal in 2003, so the Hawks won't have the record....damn....just as I'm writing this, with 5 min to go in the game, they score, so now they have 3 in the entire series...still low.