• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 WCQF: Calgary Flames vs. Anaheim Ducks

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

I totally blanked Eaves was a duck now

He's been a huge part of their power play and success overall. Had a career year this year including 30 goals (between Dallas and Anaheim) Ducks are coming out of the west. 

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Dear NHL uniform designers and marketing people living in the year 2017,

You're doing it wrong.

Sincerely,
People with good taste

It's a cycle, don't forget this "Gems"

kingsthirdjersey.jpg

27e9c0e26c1d2c0b.jpg

anaheimthirdjerseysmall.jpg

coyotes3rd.jpg

But getting bakc to your point, I totally agree. Hate how they try to give a sporty look to sweaters and make them just waaay to noisy, for my taste. CBJ, Caps, Anaheim, Calgary, Ottawa's previous unis. the list goes on and on. 

I was thinking about the sharks teal uni and was thinking they could use a thick solid orange stripe somewhere along the elbows, the current thin one, just doesn't cut it for me.

Every era has its own  WTF sweater design.

Just now, NerveDamage said:

Every era has its own  WTF sweater design.

Oh, for sure. I just feel that, on the whole, we've kind of lost sight of what makes great uniforms great. Personally, I like bold, clean, restrained/tasteful, straightforward. Like you, I think the Flames' and Ducks' current looks are way too noisy. Do you really need vertical piping on the flanks? Keep it simple, stupid!

You know what it is? It's Michael Bay. These jerseys are Michael Bay jerseys.

37 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Dear NHL uniform designers and marketing people living in the year 2017,

You're doing it wrong.

Sincerely,
People with good taste

The Reebok crap 10 years ago was the worst thing to happen to NHL jerseys.  It added unnecessary stripes everywhere, especially in the armpit region.  Jerseys are ugly now.

Edited by GMRwings1983

20 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Oh, for sure. I just feel that, on the whole, we've kind of lost sight of what makes great uniforms great. Personally, I like bold, clean, restrained/tasteful, straightforward. Like you, I think the Flames' and Ducks' current looks are way too noisy. Do you really need vertical piping on the flanks? Keep it simple, stupid!

Uh, Phrasing. lol

I mean, I like when they experiment, for example our '14 Winter Classic or Wild's 3rd jersey, and, I know, they have a Classic old style feel to them, but it just feels like a hockey sweater.

I love the simplicity of our jerseys, but the thing I like the most, is the "Red Wings" on our white jersey, you know, the red sleeves. Always loved the contrast, and really haven't seen other team do this. 

Edited by NerveDamage