• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

The last time the Leafs were as big of an underdog in the first round was 2001 when they got in on the last weekend and everyone said Ottawa would sweep them, well, the Leafs swept Ottawa. Unlike that year I think the Leafs will manage to win one game and that will probably be it. Still think Washington will trip over themselves just not in this round.

Hope the Make Me Laughs get swept so I don't have to listen to their idiot bandwagon fans for very long. There's too many of them here in Sudbury. I don't see them taking out the Caps either way though. The Leafs roster is full of first time playoff players, while the Caps are full of experienced playoff players. Matthews is good, but he's no Ovechkin. Holtby is also a better goaltender than Andersen. who may not even play in Game 1. McIlhenney against the Caps offense..look out!

I wonder if my friend will burn his Leafs jersey again if they're eliminated, like he did when they blew that 4-1 Game 7 lead to Boston. Hahaha

Edited by chaps80

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Hope the Make Me Laughs get swept so I don't have to listen to their idiot bandwagon fans for very long. There's too many of them here in Sudbury. I don't see them taking out the Caps either way though. The Leafs roster is full of first time playoff players, while the Caps are full of experienced playoff players. Matthews is good, but he's no Ovechkin. Holtby is also a better goaltender than Andersen. who may not even play in Game 1. McIlhenney against the Caps offense..look out!

I wonder if my friend will burn his Leafs jersey again if they're eliminated, like he did when they blew that 4-1 Game 7 lead to Boston. Hahaha

I hope he does and you get it on video :w00t:

12 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

I've seen some tickets for upper bowl being sold for $800.

I went to see the Wings play the Leafs at the ACC a few years back and four tickets in the upper bowl cost $800 from Stubhub (Wings lost to boot). That place is sold out like 5 years in advance. Lots of big corporations have a whack of season tickets. Anyone who has season tickets can make quite a bit of money off them.

Read this today and lost it :D 

"Playoff tickets in Toronto are pretty expensive. They’re so pricey, that a Leafs fan can travel to Washington to watch Game 1 or 2 at the Verizon Center and it would still be cheaper than attending Game 3 or 4 at the Air Canada Center."