• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, amato said:

I'm no rules expert but.. interference? :eh:

he had a couple of plays like that. In the early minutes of the first he hugged a Washington forward. and during a scrum, I think in the 2nd, he went for the leg and try to take the player down like that. Kind of over aggressive, if you ask me... and I love this play

1447878_o.gif

at least Dom was playing the puck   ...I guess

Edited by NerveDamage

6 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Was sitting in the upper bowl behind the Wild net...So my wife, and I saw this sorta 'head on'...With only 2, or 3 min left in the game - Wings if I recall were winning 5-0 - Hasek bolts outta his net...Everyone sorta gasped as he charged, but went nutz when Gaborik flipped right over.

Wings were able to kill off the 2 min pen for tripping to secure Hasek the shutout.

I wonder how many left that game and didnt see it.

I find the WSH crowd extremely annoying.  They boo and chant "refs you suck" every little thing that goes uncalled.  There were at least a couple times tonight a WSH player committed a pretty obvious penalty...one being Oshie just running Andersen over...they go crazy because WSH doesn't get a powerplay...I think the complaint was that Andersen was punching at Oshie to get him off.

3 takeaways from this series so far.

1.  We need to forecheck as aggressively as Toronto does, Washington cannot break out the puck right now.

2.  We need to target Dmity Orlov in a trade scenario, that dude is realgud.

3.  Evgeny Kuznetsov might be the most effortlessly impressive skater I've seen since Fedorov.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

1.  We need to forecheck as aggressively as Toronto does, Washington cannot break out the puck right now.

Granted, it helps to have Matthews, Marner, Kadri, Rielly, Nylander, Gardiner, Kapanen, and van Riemsdyk. Oh, and Babcock.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

2.  We need to target Dmity Orlov in a trade scenario, that dude is realgud.

Yes plz.

Story_1.png

He does play for a powerhouse team, though. That's worth keeping in mind.

Orlov would be awesome. They have four defensemen and around half their forwards to re-sign too. They're going to lose someone to Vegas but with kuznetsov and burakovsky being due for big raises; hopefully losing one player to Vegas and losing shattenkirk (was considered a rental from the beginning) plus maybe a depth forward or two won't be enough. :P 

Or who knows, maybe they like shattenkirk enough to keep him instead of orlov. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/capitals

4 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Babs is making a strong case for the Jack Adams
Toronto needed 2 years to rebuild add a defender and they will be a force to recognize for a long time

Voting finished last week though.