• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

Just now, F.Michael said:

Would love to see the Leafs win this series...Only problem then...Pens are likely to win the east.

You really think Washington would beat the Pens?  Especially with Holtby looking like Bobrovsky's twin brother. Neither of these guys is reliable in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Could you imagine the 'hype' if both Edmonton, and Toronto faced each other for the Cup?

Leafs won!

Not in this country.

Oh and Holtby should change his name to Cechmanek.  I'd take Jimmy Howard in the playoffs over this sieve.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Could you imagine the 'hype' if both Edmonton, and Toronto faced each other for the Cup?

Leafs won!

Trotz looks like he swallowed a litter encrusted cat turd.

ewww... so descriptive I could even smell it

Edited by NerveDamage

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Indeed.

Truth be told I could care less what most of my fellow Americans think about hockey...I watch it, and love it regardless who's in the finals...Although I'd prefer not to see the Pens/Caps/Hawks in it.

I mean is about gosh darn time for a Canadian team to hoist the Cup, I mean, what was the last one to win it? 

just googled it Montreal in 93...

Oh man, Caps are going to choke again!

I live in Burlington, which is 30 minutes south of Toronto, I'm actually shocked at the lack of Toronto Maple Leafs gear I see when I go out. It was the same way in 2013. I'm sure people in Toronto are excited, but here in the southern suburbs, there seems to be no interest in the Leafs.

I'm wondering due to the Leafs lack of success since 2004, and insane ticket prices, if people under 35 cheer for other teams around here? The majority of Leaf fans must be 35 and older (you have to be that old to remember Gilmour, Clark, Sundin, and CuJo), and make at least $250,000/year to afford tickets. People in their teens, 20's, and early 30's must be Red Wings, Penguins, Black Hawks, and Canadiens fans.

I've mentioned that to a couple people, and they got mad. If the Leafs win, I don't care, I'm just making an observation. I remember during the Leafs run from 1993-2004, when the playoffs were going on, there was Leafs stuff everywhere, but not now.

Edited by Barrie

22 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Oh man, Caps are going to choke again!

I live in Burlington, which is 30 minutes south of Toronto, I'm actually shocked at the lack of Toronto Maple Leafs gear I see when I go out. It was the same way in 2013. I'm sure people in Toronto are excited, but here in the southern suburbs, there seems to be no interest in the Leafs.

I'm wondering due to the Leafs lack of success since 2004, and insane ticket prices, if people under 35 cheer for other teams around here? The majority of Leaf fans must be 35 and older (you have to be that old to remember Gilmour, Clark, Sundin, and CuJo), and make at least $250,000/year to afford tickets. People in their teens, 20's, and early 30's must be Red Wings, Penguins, Black Hawks, and Canadiens fans.

I've mentioned that to a couple people, and they got mad. If the Leafs win, I don't care, I'm just making an observation. I remember during the Leafs run from 1993-2004, when the playoffs were going on, there was Leafs stuff everywhere, but not now.

I live in Burlington as well and saw a ton of Leafs jerseys at the Go Train stations on my way home last night (Clarkson, Oakville, Bronte and Appelby).  That said, with the kids, I'm not so sure.  I have an 8 year old son and him and a lot of his friends tend to be big on Crosby, Ovechkin and now McDavid.  I think the drafting of Matthews will start to make a big difference though.

42 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

I live in Burlington as well and saw a ton of Leafs jerseys at the Go Train stations on my way home last night (Clarkson, Oakville, Bronte and Appelby).  That said, with the kids, I'm not so sure.  I have an 8 year old son and him and a lot of his friends tend to be big on Crosby, Ovechkin and now McDavid.  I think the drafting of Matthews will start to make a big difference though.

Ok, makes sense to me. Maybe it'll take a couple decent playoff runs to get the younger hockey fans on board with the Leafs? I would think too, the 2010 and 2014 Canadian Gold Medal wins got the kids interested in guys like Crosby, Toews, and Price.

The last 2 years I saw Blue Jays stuff everywhere, so I was expecting to see the same with the Leafs. Maybe if they beat the Caps, more fans will get the gear out.

Again, just an observation, I'm not anti-Leafs. If anything, I'm anti-Habs, because of their fans.

1 hour ago, toby91_ca said:

Perhaps the indifference towards the Leafs is the mass marketing of Ovie, Sid plus lack of a promising team.  Now with Matthews Toronto and the league have a new potential icon. 

Toronto wins this series I am jumping on their bandwagon as I am pretty bored watching Red Wings hockey highlights on youtube.