• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

I don't think it's enough interference to turn over the goal call but I think an argument could be made by Holtby that it was enough interference to prevent him from directing the rebound to the side of the net. 

Either way, good game all around. Would love to see the caps play the way they did in the first the whole game though. They didn't let the leafs break into the neutral zone at all it seemed. 

Even if they win the series, the Caps have already shown me that the Pens will be the favorite against them again.  Many Cup winners have first round scares, but the Caps are fragile enough where I think it's more than just a first round scare.

14 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Only saw part of the game last night...How's Ovie after that Kadri hip-check?

You mean after laying on the ice, having to be helped off....only to come back perfectly fine?  There was never anything wrong with him.

54 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Bye bye Toronto.  We don't have to hear about your annoying fans anymore this season.

I've mentioned this already in this post. I live south of Toronto in Burlington. I'm self employed, so I'm in the car a lot going to appointments. I was shocked at the lack of Leafs gear I saw during the playoffs when I was out. When the Blue Jays started winning in 2015, there was Blue Jays stuff everywhere! Even today, I saw a lot of Blue Jays gear, and only a couple Leafs caps.

I know I'm just one guy looking around, but I think the size and the passion of the Leafs fan base is overrated. Maybe in Toronto there's passion, but in the suburbs, there's not much from what I see. The Leafs have lost a generation of fans, and are considered a joke to a lot of people. Also thanks to corporations driving up the price for their tickets, the average fan could never go to a game.

I think the Leafs fan base is mostly over the age of 35, and has to work for a corporation, or make $250,000/year to go to a game. It's too expensive to be a Leafs fan.

Babs mentioned the fan base and the passion for the team in his post game comments. He said it was nothing like he's ever seen before. I know he has to say that, but there's no way he saw more passion in Toronto for the Leafs, then he did in Detroit for the Red Wings.

Again, I'm not anti-Leafs, I was just shocked at the lack of passion where I live.

20 minutes ago, Barrie said:

I've mentioned this already in this post. I live south of Toronto in Burlington. I'm self employed, so I'm in the car a lot going to appointments. I was shocked at the lack of Leafs gear I saw during the playoffs when I was out. When the Blue Jays started winning in 2015, there was Blue Jays stuff everywhere! Even today, I saw a lot of Blue Jays gear, and only a couple Leafs caps.

I know I'm just one guy looking around, but I think the size and the passion of the Leafs fan base is overrated. Maybe in Toronto there's passion, but in the suburbs, there's not much from what I see. The Leafs have lost a generation of fans, and are considered a joke to a lot of people. Also thanks to corporations driving up the price for their tickets, the average fan could never go to a game.

I think the Leafs fan base is mostly over the age of 35, and has to work for a corporation, or make $250,000/year to go to a game. It's too expensive to be a Leafs fan.

Babs mentioned the fan base and the passion for the team in his post game comments. He said it was nothing like he's ever seen before. I know he has to say that, but there's no way he saw more passion in Toronto for the Leafs, then he did in Detroit for the Red Wings.

Again, I'm not anti-Leafs, I was just shocked at the lack of passion where I live.

I don't want to make this a social issue, but Toronto has a higher percentage of foreign born residents than pretty much any city in the world. People from the Middle East, India and China don't care about hockey.  And this is a fairly recent trend in Canada.  Of course there's not going to be as many Leafs fans everywhere as there may have been 15 or 20 years ago.