• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, Krayzie_Bone said:

That was a great series. I wish I watched more of it. I was rooting for Toronto. After a few years of blash and the team getting fundamentally worse I have really come to miss Babcock even though he went to chase the big money.

Blash sucks no doubt, but after a decade in Detroit, it was time for Babs to move on. He did all he could, although the team easily could have won three or four Cups under him instead of one from 2006-2010 or so. They gave the Ducks the Conference Final in '07, bs easily could have beaten Ottawa in the Finals. In '09, their collapse in the Finals was massive. Up 2-0, 2 wins away from another back to back championship, and let the Pens back in the series and lost Game 7 at home after coming out flat and allowing a couple bad goals.With the direction the team was heading after another first round loss in '05 and destined to miss the playoffs soon, Babs moved on.

As much as I despise the Leafs, Babs has done an incredible job there. Finished last in the standings last season, and now this season with the moves they made  and Babs no nonsense approach and making them all earn their playing time, they had a rookie score 40 goals, got excellent goaltending from Andersen, and made the playoffs and gave Washington a huge scare. Their rookies now have 6 hard fought games of playoff experience, and they will all be hungry to get back there and win next season.