• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 WCQF: San Jose Sharks vs. Edmonton Oilers

Rate this topic

I was just thinking how unlucky the NHL is, that McDavid ended up in a market like Edmonton.  Such an electrifying player.  Better at his age than Jabron James was at his.  Imagine him playing for some big club on the East Coast.  

Most casual spots fans have never heard of this guy and likely won't for many years.  

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I was just thinking how unlucky the NHL is, that McDavid ended up in a market like Edmonton.  Such an electrifying player.  Better at his age than Jabron James was at his.  Imagine him playing for some big club on the East Coast.  

Most casual spots fans have never heard of this guy and likely won't for many years.  

Could be much worse, he could be playing for an American team that nobody gives a crap about. At least when your on a Canadian team you will get exposure. But ya, I'm sure the NHL wishes he played for a New York, Detroit, Chicago etc.

Edited by kliq

59 minutes ago, kliq said:

Could be much worse, he could be playing for an American team that nobody gives a crap about. At least when your on a Canadian team you will get exposure. But ya, I'm sure the NHL wishes he played for a New York, Detroit, Chicago etc.

Not if the club plays most of their games on the West Coast.  Remember Iginla?  Most casual sports fans have never heard of him.  Then again, they've never heard of Sundin either.  You probably have to go back to Gretzky to find a Western Canadian player that the average sports fan in the US could recognize.    

The league needs to punish Edmonton for tanking all those years and force a trade by sending McDavid to Detroit, in exchange for our entire first line and for a lifetime supply of Little Caesar's pizza.

4 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Not if the club plays most of their games on the West Coast.  Remember Iginla?  Most casual sports fans have never heard of him.  Then again, they've never heard of Sundin either.  You probably have to go back to Gretzky to find a Western Canadian player that the average sports fan in the US could recognize.    

The league needs to punish Edmonton for tanking all those years and force a trade by sending McDavid to Detroit, in exchange for our entire first line and for a lifetime supply of Little Caesar's pizza.

No crazy bread though.

8 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

they really need to think over the Lets go sha-a-arks chant. why dont use Go Sharks go

Haven't you heard by now?  The word sharks has two-syllables according to shark fans.  It's been a known fact since they've been in the league.

36 minutes ago, amato said:

Who would've thought Zack Kassian would be the Oilers early favorite for playoff hero :P 

I know and I can't stand the ****** bag

19 minutes ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Sharks certainly took a bite out of the Oilers tonight. 

Bout time! Talbot has been great all year, but he only played 3/4 of a playoff game prior to this series. Figured he'd have a weak game soon enough, but pulled after 5 ga on 24 shots?