• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Cholo to debut with Griffs.

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Cholowski will play tonight in the Griffs final regular season game, paired with McIlrath.

Do you know how this effects his contract? According to Cap Friendly, year 1 of his contract starts next season. This wouldn't make this current year "year 1" would it?

1 hour ago, amato said:

Good to hear. Do we know which pairing? Any chance he gets some power play time? 

The pairings are listed as...

Allen - McCarron

Cholowski - McIlrath

Renouf - Hronek

But I would assume that's the exact opposite the minutes would be distributed.

I think he will definitely see some power-play time with so many regulars being healthy scratched tonight.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Do you know how this effects his contract? According to Cap Friendly, year 1 of his contract starts next season. This wouldn't make this current year "year 1" would it?

No idea how that works but I wouldn't think they would burn a full year by just playing one game...

Finished 5-1 Svech with 1+3 finishes his rookie season with 20+31! Hronek and McCarron with a assist and +1 Cholowski with +1. Griffs played with 7 D so not sure about ice time. 

I'm really pumped with the Hronek kid, got a good set of wheels looks poised on the puck and has a cannon from the point. Looks like we may have a diamond in the rough. 

Svechnikov should be on the opening roster in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Finished 5-1 Svech with 1+3 finishes his rookie season with 20+31! Hronek and McCarron with a assist and +1 Cholowski with +1. Griffs played with 7 D so not sure about ice time. 

I'm really pumped with the Hronek kid, got a good set of wheels looks poised on the puck and has a cannon from the point. Looks like we may have a diamond in the rough. 

Svechnikov should be on the opening roster in my opinion.

Yeah, I have no idea why they went with 7 defensemen with so many players (forwards and defensemen) healthy scratched, but Hicketts played most of the game on the left wing. Found that kind of odd. I agree on Hronek, kid looks really good. 

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Anyone know how much icetime cholowski had?

I'm not sure exactly how much ice time he had, but I don't think he had any more than one shift in the first period. Maybe because of all the penalties. But he did see more time as the game progressed. He didn't really stand out much. Skates well, moves the puck well, but looked lost in his own zone on a few occasions. Plenty of time to work on his defensive deficiencies, his offensive game looks to be on point though.