• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

So Kenny isn't blowing it up but has indicated the need to bring in 3/4 new faces. Now we all know the major needs are a #1 C and a #1 D but that is only coming via trade or could there be a player out there in other top leagues ? A player I've said we should take a run at is the Czech C Jan Kovar, 5'11" 216lb and a R/H shot. Average over a point a game in the KHL the past 4 years and at only 27 has his best years ahead of him. The downside is that he has a year left on his contract with his KHL side.

Free agents available in the NHL at that #1C aren't that great. Wennberg , Teravainen, Johansen and Kuznetsov are young #1/2 C but I'd say they'll all be resigned by their clubs. So maybe a creative Holland could pull something off. I'd be on the phone to Columbus and ask what they'd want for Abramov and Aliu in a package deal. Abramov is going to be a star and I'd have Aliu as this year's reclamation project as my 4th line wing agitator .

On D well there's the million dollar puzzle. Is Shattenkirk the target? Not for me, Trouba as maybe my new #2 but the top guy is neither of these. So what can we do , we have Green for one more year and maybe trade in Trouba as his partner. Will Kronner be up to a full season? Not so sure but he's not going anywhere so he's our 2nd pairing with DeKeyser. On the 3rd I'd be trying to sign either Tryamkin from Vancouver or Sustr from Tampa to play with Ericsson. 7th D would be Sproul. 

But looking at our prospects maybe we have a diamond in the rough fingers crossed, in the meantime Kenny should be talking to the Yotes about getting OEL into Detroit.

Still I'm sure there's going to be some changes just how is Kenny going to shockers all ? 

28 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

how long until the racism police are all over the title of you thread? Lord knows I can't even say Swedish without being blasted! :lol:

Anyhow, Good for Cholowski.  Let's see if he can make it a step closer!

No kidding! It's even messing up the ad algorithm

Cholo.png

5 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I wouldn't sign anyone unless it's a Vanek type who they plan on moving at the deadline. Any free agent just blocks a kid's spot

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Any? ...Only a sith deals in absolutes

Radulov could be a big steal for us. We were rumored to be in on him when he decided to return to the NHL. MTL tried, but was unable to extend him earlier in the season. Unfortunately I think he chose MTL for the more European atmosphere there, and only Detroit's actual team members can offer that.

Thornton and Marleau are up to be UFAs. They're old but could be good for one or two years.

Shattenkrik rumors made it pretty obvious he wants to play for NYR.

Outside of that there's no one who really interests me.

But who you gonna sell at the deadline then?

That's why I said only a Vanek type as trade bait. Too bad Holland thinks that they should be happy with making the playoffs and being bounced early.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I wouldn't sign anyone unless it's a Vanek type who they plan on moving at the deadline. Any free agent just blocks a kid's spot.

Barring an unexpected large cap increase, anything more than a "Vanek-type" would require moving out someone we already have. So it wouldn't really block anything.

(Incidentally, that's part of the reason I think we shouldn't be desperate to free up cap space. At this point I'd rather have Ericsson's 3 years than someone else's 6.)

7 minutes ago, amato said:

Speaking of free agents, I really wish we were in a position where it would make sense to sign TJ Oshie :( 

It'd be nice, but it'll be hard to pry him out of Washington. Especially if they go on a deep run. Same goes for Shatty.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It'd be nice, but it'll be hard to pry him out of Washington. Especially if they go on a deep run. Same goes for Shatty.

Not saying they'll let those guys walk but they won't be able to keep everyone.. they have a lot of free agents and some that will require pretty decent raises. 

Not that it really matters for the wings unless we somehow got our hands on someone like Orlov or Shattenkirk. Don't think there's any chance of that though. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/capitals

Andersson, Rasmus
Bowey, Madison
Ekholm, Mattias
DeAngelo, Anthony
Faulk, Justin
Hamilton, Dougie
Honka, Julius
Klefbom, Oscar
Lindholm, Hampus
Morrissey, Josh
Orlov, Dmitry