• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

If we don't win the lottery or even a top 3, here are my targets.

Lose about $4M in the expansion draft, draft Tippett at #7-#10, draft Hague in the 2nd round, sign Shattenkirk. Trade another $4M- $5M over the summer.

I'd like to target Trouba, Fowler and or Hamilton, but just like all you guys are saying, they'll cost way more than I'm comfortable giving up. But we will see what firesales go on leading up to the expansion draft.

If we get the #1-#3 I'd like Patrick or Vilardi.

I don't want Shattenkirk either, not a huge fan, but saying he's not a 1D because of his +/- is just laughable.

As for your proposed Trouba trade, Cheveldayoff would laugh his ass off and hang up with an offer like that... right after he said "Done Deal" of course... A 20 year old top 6 center, a 24 year old offensive defenseman (that could flourish if given the opportunity), and a top 10 pick that could become a top 3? F***! I'd love to have Trouba here too, but talk about massive over payment...

On 4/13/2017 at 8:48 AM, LeftWinger said:

how long until the racism police are all over the title of you thread? Lord knows I can't even say Swedish without being blasted! :lol:

Anyhow, Good for Cholowski.  Let's see if he can make it a step closer!

Sign this man.  

zlatanibrahimovic-cropped_dw9npldbrdyz1n

Top D are expensive, young top D even more, but I am very interested to see how the price is when it comes to those teams that are forced to leave one of those players unprotected. Will the price come down to guarantee a return rather than lose someone for free...

On 4/16/2017 at 9:20 AM, Dabura said:

Andersson, Rasmus
Bowey, Madison
Ekholm, Mattias
DeAngelo, Anthony
Faulk, Justin
Hamilton, Dougie
Honka, Julius
Klefbom, Oscar
Lindholm, Hampus
Morrissey, Josh
Orlov, Dmitry
Sanheim, Travis
Severson, Damon
Slavin, Jaccob
Theodore, Shea
Trouba, Jacob

You get the idea.

Heeyyy I saw what you did there guess you think we need help defensively? LOL

Here are three targets I am betting that Holland will be looking at:

I mentioned him in jest earlier, but yes Steve Ott may return to Detroit.  I also see Holland looking at two players, one being Ryan White and another be Brian Boyle.  I honestly think that with them not going to offer Miller a contract, that Holland will want a bottom 6 guy with tons of experience, plus I am not convinced anyone else in GR are come up full time. Mention Callahan all you want, but IMO, he missed his window of opportunity and will be a career AHL'er unless he signs somewhere else. The Vets that made some games near the end of the season was just reward time. With Holland stating he wants back in the playoffs NOW, I can see him going after someone like Boyle or White to fill the bottom 6 and maybe Ott for be the 13th/14th forward again.

With the idea of re-signing Tatar and AA, that makes 11 forwards for next season. I'm thinking we are going to lose a forward in expansion, so signing 2 UFA's come July isn't out of the question. Besides, what if we lose Helm, Abby, Sheahan or Glendening, then Boyle and White fill right in with the departure of Miller for sure...

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Here are three targets I am betting that Holland will be looking at:

I mentioned him in jest earlier, but yes Steve Ott may return to Detroit.  I also see Holland looking at two players, one being Ryan White and another be Brian Boyle.  I honestly think that with them not going to offer Miller a contract, that Holland will want a bottom 6 guy with tons of experience, plus I am not convinced anyone else in GR are come up full time. Mention Callahan all you want, but IMO, he missed his window of opportunity and will be a career AHL'er unless he signs somewhere else. The Vets that made some games near the end of the season was just reward time. With Holland stating he wants back in the playoffs NOW, I can see him going after someone like Boyle or White to fill the bottom 6 and maybe Ott for be the 13th/14th forward again.

With the idea of re-signing Tatar and AA, that makes 11 forwards for next season. I'm thinking we are going to lose a forward in expansion, so signing 2 UFA's come July isn't out of the question. Besides, what if we lose Helm, Abby, Sheahan or Glendening, then Boyle and White fill right in with the departure of Miller for sure...

Nice

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nice

I didn't mean it was happening, but I can see it happening to be the same role player he was last season.  They did use him in a ton of important situations. I think he was still our best faceoff guy when he got traded.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset if he signed here again.

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I didn't mean it was happening, but I can see it happening to be the same role player he was last season.  They did use him in a ton of important situations. I think he was still our best faceoff guy when he got traded.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset if he signed here again.

Stevie O is the man

46 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Ott was/is solid.  My only questions is, in your scenario, would he really come back here?  I think he's getting consistent playing time in Montreal, so why would he come back here to be an extra forward and play 40 games?

Dude loves Detroit. Said it was his dream to play here, which motivated him to sign with us. Sucks for him the season went badly.

Mike Sielski, for Philly.com:

"In rebuilding the Flyers, Ron Hextall should consider all options, including trading Wayne Simmonds"

"Every one of our players has to prove themselves next year," Hextall said. "Will it stay together? I don't know. If we'd have won a couple rounds of playoffs there's obviously a better chance of them staying together. Does that mean it's not going to stay together? I don't know what's going to come our way. Am I happy with the team? No. I'm not. How can you be, right? We missed the playoffs and, again, we were capable. I don't know one way or the other whether there's going to be change."

[ . . . . ] It might sound blasphemous to suggest that the Flyers should part with Simmonds, but the very attributes that make him so beloved here - his leadership, his toughness, his scoring touch - would make him an attractive trade commodity. More important, he is signed just through 2019 at an annual cap hit of less than $4 million, which makes him less expensive than either Couturier (through 2022 at $4.3 million per) or Schenn (through 2020 at $5.125 million per).

And with that, I issue the customary bi-annual reminder that Wayne Simmonds grew up a fan of the Detroit Red Wings...

Growing up in the outskirts of Toronto, Wayne Simmonds had a lot of red on his bedroom walls. He was a Detroit Red Wings fan in Maple Leafs country and idolized Sergei Fedorov.

"I just liked his style," Simmonds said. "He had all the flashy equipment, but he played the game the right way. They even threw him on defense for probably a quarter of the year one time and he was still their best player."

The mural of Red Wings photos is still on the wall of his childhood bedroom.

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

Simmonds is still young, plays the game hard AND likes to get into scrum here and there so why deal for him when you can sign another soft over 30 player...Also Hextall would be out of his mind to deal him, who is going to keep other players honest?

Wayne pls... 

One of my favorite players in the league. Is there a better power forward in the NHL today? 

14 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Simmonds is still young, plays the game hard AND likes to get into scrum here and there so why deal for him when you can sign another soft over 30 player...Also Hextall would be out of his mind to deal him, who is going to keep other players honest?

He was a goalie; he was already out of his mind! :D 

I want a player that plays exactly like Simmonds, but I wouldn't give up a significant amount (not close to what it would cost) to get him at this point in his career. He will be 29 years old to start next season, and the style of game he plays, he won't likely be close to the player he is now, in 3-5 years from now (when we will be ready to contend again).

I'm stillness hoping we have our very own Wayne Simmonds in the pipeline, in Givani Smith. Although I doubt he becomes anything close to the beast Simmonds is (offensively speaking), he could develop into a lesser version, that plays a similar game in the middle 6...

Vadim Shipachev.....Larkin gets a year or two more to mature on his wing

Richard Panik...mean streak we lack.    (RFA) 

Steve Ott...gritty and unpleasant to play against. Although we might want to give Lil' Bert a shot on the 4th line instead.

3 hours ago, Nondescript_D said:

Steve Ott...gritty and unpleasant to play against. Although we might want to give Lil' Bert a shot on the 4th line instead.

Lil Bert seems lil afraid of the big leagues. I can't recall him ever mixing it up or throwing his body around when he was up. 

7 hours ago, sputman said:

Lil Bert seems lil afraid of the big leagues. I can't recall him ever mixing it up or throwing his body around when he was up. 

Maybe...it was only 7 games though...I'd give him a looooong look on the 4th line before writing him off