• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

On 4/29/2017 at 10:20 PM, DickieDunn said:

If he had played enough games, his GAA and save % would have lead or come close to leading the league.

We don't know that, though. A .927 Sv% is very impressive, but it's less impressive when you consider his 26 games played. Does he post elite numbers if he plays twice as many games this season? I'd lean towards no. Last season (2015-16): .906 Sv% in 37 games played.

Not trying to s*** on him, just saying. Teams aren't exactly drooling over the possibility of acquiring Jimmy Howard. He's a question mark. Acquiring him would be risky, unless it's a basement team that has tons of cap space to burn.

Edited by Dabura

The one thing that may attract teams to Howard is we'd most likely be just looking for the salary dump,  so mayb w Howard would be cheaper to acquire than some other goalies. If all it costs is a draft pick, he'd be worth the gamble for a team who may not want to lose many assets...

I think Lefty's got the right idea, actually.

I suspect Holland isn't interested in moving Howard at this time (assuming no one's throwing any tempting offers his way). That being said, if he does look to move Howard, it'll probably be because he's desperate for cap space. Maybe Hampus Lindholm becomes a realistic target and the only stumbling block is cap space, so Holland trades Howard somewhere for a pick.

29 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Hoarder Holland values depth too much

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

To be fair, depth does matter (just ask Colorado) but I agree we go a bit overboard.

Assuming Tatar doesn't get claimed, he'd going to cost $5M at least, more realistically, he gets Nielsen money. What's that leave you 500,000 to resign AA? cap space will need to be created. He'll have to dump salary somehow, from somewhere...

46 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Assuming Tatar doesn't get claimed, he'd going to cost $5M at least, more realistically, he gets Nielsen money. What's that leave you 500,000 to resign AA? cap space will need to be created. He'll have to dump salary somehow, from somewhere...

I see him getting a very similar contract to Nyquist, and I think he gets traded anyways (or Nyquist gets traded). I would truly be surprised if the Wings kept everyone this summer, I really do think that someone or a few are being moved.

Dont forget the expansion draft, someone will be moved which will clear up some cap even its if a small amount.

12 hours ago, kliq said:

I see him getting a very similar contract to Nyquist, and I think he gets traded anyways (or Nyquist gets traded). I would truly be surprised if the Wings kept everyone this summer, I really do think that someone or a few are being moved.

Dont forget the expansion draft, someone will be moved which will clear up some cap even its if a small amount.

For sure. Unless we lose Sheahan, which won't help us much. My comments were just to say Holland can't keep all his depth this year, he doesn't have enough cap room to do so.

Tatar, Nyquist, Helm, Ericsson, Green (although he'll probably be a deadline sale,) Howard, Mrazek. Those are the guys who have trade marks on them. I b don't think we trade Abby, if he isn't here it's because he was claimed.

How's this for a thought..lose Howard in the expansion, trade Mrazek in a package for a D, put a huge bid in on Bishop.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

For sure. Unless we lose Sheahan, which won't help us much. My comments were just to say Holland can't keep all his depth this year, he doesn't have enough cap room to do so.

Tatar, Nyquist, Helm, Ericsson, Green (although he'll probably be a deadline sale,) Howard, Mrazek. Those are the guys who have trade marks on them. I b don't think we trade Abby, if he isn't here it's because he was claimed.

How's this for a thought..lose Howard in the expansion, trade Mrazek in a package for a D, put a huge bid in on Bishop.

I dont want to go near a 30 year old goalie who is going to want north of 6mil per year for a lot of years.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I dont want to go near a 30 year old goalie who is going to want north of 6mil per year for a lot of years.

I understand that, but, he's proven way better than what we have. Jimmy is 33 at $5.2M. He isn't winning us anything. Petr, 25, $4M, should get near $6M next go around, was his last season and a half a fluke or is that who he is? I love Mrazek, but think of all the cap space we could shed, plus upgrade D and G.

Stick with me for a moment, and no, I'm not going to bashing players or (hopefully) coming up with unrealistic trades...

Let's say we trade a 3rd to Vages to get them to claim Jimmy. We then trade our 1st and an asset to LA Kings for their 1st and rights to Bishop. We then trade that 1st to Calgary along with Mrazek, Sproul and Tatar for Hamilton and their 1st. Then we sign Bishop for 5 years $7M. Then we draft Hague (if there) with the 1st we got from Calgary. So....

to LA : 9th pick, Asset. (shouldn't be much since they're getting a higher pick and then something for Bishop)

to CGY : 11th pick (frm LA) Petr Mrazek, Tomas Tatar, Sproul

to DET : 1st round from CGY( probably around 15-18,) Dougie Hamilton, Ben Bishop (from LA)

The only sticking point, I believe, is convincing LV to take Howard. Of course we'd have to already have a deal ready for Bishop that he wants. He'd be guaranteed the starter and he'd get paid. Plus when his contract is up, he'd be only two years older than Howard is now.

I wouldn't get Tippett, but oh well, we'd have Hamilton and Bishop. Kronner could retire if he still feels the need, or he can just mop up with #7 duties.

DD - Hamilton

Ouellet  - Green

Ericsson - Jensen

Kronwall

Bishop

Coreau

3 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Unless Mrazek has a big season where he plays well the whole time, he's not getting close to $6 mil.  If he has a repeat of the last year and a half, he'll be lucky to get a one year $2 mil deal as a backup.

That I agree as well. I'd still rather pay up for one of the best goalies, than pay Mrazek $4M to stink like last year...even though it wasn't all his fault.

OK, after making all those moves, that would leave us with:

Z, Nielsen, Nyquist

Abby, Helm, Mantha

Glenny, Sheahan, Larkin, AA

DD, Green

Ouellet, Jensen

Ericsson, Hamilton, Kronwall

Bishop, Coreau

(no, those aren't lines, I was just listing the players)

That leaves us about $4.2M to bring up or sign a project (That Swedish Kid) to help fill out the roster. We'd need 4 more players to give us the 23 man roster.

Edited by LeftWinger

34 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Stick with me for a moment, and no, I'm not going to bashing players or (hopefully) coming up with unrealistic trades...

Let's say we trade a 3rd to Vages to get them to claim Jimmy. We then trade our 1st and an asset to LA Kings for their 1st and rights to Bishop. We then trade that 1st to Calgary along with Mrazek, Sproul and Tatar for Hamilton and their 1st. Then we sign Bishop for 5 years $7M. Then we draft Hague (if there) with the 1st we got from Calgary. So....

to LA : 9th pick, Asset. (shouldn't be much since they're getting a higher pick and then something for Bishop)

to CGY : 11th pick (frm LA) Petr Mrazek, Tomas Tatar, Sproul

to DET : 1st round from CGY( probably around 15-18,) Dougie Hamilton, Ben Bishop (from LA)

The only sticking point, I believe, is convincing LV to take Howard. Of course we'd have to already have a deal ready for Bishop that he wants. He'd be guaranteed the starter and he'd get paid. Plus when his contract is up, he'd be only two years older than Howard is now.

I wouldn't get Tippett, but oh well, we'd have Hamilton and Bishop. Kronner could retire if he still feels the need, or he can just mop up with #7 duties.

DD - Hamilton

Ouellet  - Green

Ericsson - Jensen

Kronwall

Bishop

Coreau

That I agree as well. I'd still rather pay up for one of the best goalies, than pay Mrazek $4M to stink like last year...even though it wasn't all his fault.

That kind of stuff only happens in video games

No, it doesn't.

Detroit trades the 9th pick to LA for Ben Bishop and the 11th pick.

Detroit trades the 11th pick and Mrazek, Tatar to Calgary for Hamilton and the 18th(??) pick.

With the 18th pick Detroit selects Nic Hague. (if there)

I know the way I wrote it before, it looks a lot more complicated, but its actually simple and it's really not a EA Sport trade.

Will it happen? Of course not, but it could and it's an actual hockey trade that helps everybody involved. LA gets a higher pick, plus a lessor asset for Bishop (instead of just letting him walk.) Calgary (who needs a goalie) gets Mrazek plus a 25 goal scorer in Tatar AND the 11th pick for Hamilton (who they have talked about trading before) and their 1st. Detroit gets a 1st rounder, Dougie Hamilton and Ben Bishop. BOTH upgrades to our current members of those positions.. Hey, like I said, it isn't going to happen, but it does make sense for all involved. Except maybe Vages.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

OK, after making all those moves, that would leave us with:

Z, Nielsen, Nyquist

Abby, Helm, Mantha

Glenny, Sheahan, Larkin, AA

DD, Green

Ouellet, Jensen

Ericsson, Hamilton, Kronwall

Bishop, Coreau

(no, those aren't lines, I was just listing the players)

That leaves us about $4.2M to bring up or sign a project (That Swedish Kid) to help fill out the roster. We'd need 4 more players to give us the 23 man roster.

In this trade scenario we lose Tater Tot and Petr and Jimmy so 23 - 3 = 20, We add Hamilton and Bishop 20 + 2 = 22 so we have 4 million to sign 1 more player.

Or did I miss something math wise?

and if we need to add 4 then Swedish kid plus 3 GR bump ups gets us under 4M

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

In this trade scenario we lose Tater Tot and Petr and Jimmy so 23 - 3 = 20, We add Hamilton and Bishop 20 + 2 = 22 so we have 4 million to sign 1 more player.

Or did I miss something math wise?

and if we need to add 4 then Swedish kid plus 3 GR bump ups gets us under 4M

Right now they have 12 forwards, 7 D and 2 G for 21 players. (counting Ericsson)

1. Z

2. Nielsen

3. Abby

4. Nyquist

5. Tatar

6. Helm

7. Glenny

8. AA

9. Miller

10. Mantha

11. Sheahan

12. Larkin

1. DD

2. Green

3. Kronwall

4. Sproul

5. Jensen

6. Ouellet

7. Ericsson

1. Mrazek

2. Howard

They aren't signing Miller, so that makes 11 forwards, for 20 total players. (I'm not counting Franzen, but I am counting AA and Ouellet)

If they subtract Howard, Mrazek, Tatar that's 17, add Bishop and Hamilton makes 19. (after AA and Ouellet re-sign)  If you now bring up Coreau that's back to 20, but in my scenario I included Sproul in the LA trade, so that's back down to 19.

That leaves us 4 spots to fill with call-ups and or UFA signing.

AA - Z - Mantha

Nyquist - Nielsen - Larkin

Svech - Helm - Swedish Kid

Abby - Glenny - Sheahan

Call-up/Call-up

DD - Hamilton

Ouellet - Green

Ericsson - Jensen

Kronwall

Bishop

Coreau

6 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

It's ok Kenny has a plan, he's just signed another Czech goalie to a one year deal. Trade in the pipeline kids.

Remember when we all thought this last July when he was signing all those forwards?