• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Bannedforlife said:

Haha, busted!

Nope...was not during the 2008 playoffs, so you didn't prove I said it when you said I did...it was during my rant of Pettersson, but yes I did say it there, although I didn't say jersey's.  Maybe your memory is just that bad that you confuse last month with 9 years ago. Quite possible. And I will be very VERY apes*** mad if we draft him, but I just have to hope he turns into a superstar, because Tippett will.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

How can you know you don't want to draft Pettersson if you've done no research on him...? You just hate Swedes that much that you turn a blind eye? And you like Suzuki, even though you admit he's generally the same type of player as Petterson?

I'm not sure if you're hateful, or just stupid. 

I'd be careful 9, you don't go around calling people derogatory names unwarranted.  You may have to create another username soon.

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Nope...was not during the 2008 playoffs, so you didn't prove I said it when you said I did...it was during my rant of Pettersson, but yes I did say it there, although I didn't say jersey's.  Maybe your memory is just that bad that you confuse last month with 9 years ago. Quite possible. And I will be very VERY apes*** mad if we draft him, but I just have to hope he turns into a superstar, because Tippett will.

I'd be careful 9, you don't go around calling people derogatory names unwarranted.  You may have to create another username soon.

Now that I think about it, irrational bigotry is pretty stupid in and of itself. So I guess you fall into both categories.

Sometimes you answer your own questions folks!

Ok, you win number9, gordiehowesnumber, supermansballsupporter...or whatever your name will be next month. I give your childish ranting win. Kindly do not respond to me again and if you call me another unwarranted derragatory name, we'll have to elevate the situation.

refresh your memory of forum rules. I asked you once, you said it again. I won't ask you again.

Edited by LeftWinger

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Nope...was not during the 2008 playoffs, so you didn't prove I said it when you said I did...it was during my rant of Pettersson, but yes I did say it there, although I didn't say jersey's.  Maybe your memory is just that bad that you confuse last month with 9 years ago. Quite possible. And I will be very VERY apes*** mad if we draft him, but I just have to hope he turns into a superstar, because Tippett will

I said that you have threatened to burn your s*** on multiple occasions. That quote proves that I was right. 

It definitely happened back in '08 as well. We actually had a conversation about it some years after the fact. You apologized and explained that your wife had left you recently and you were dealing with some mental problems or something, but that you had gotten help and were feeling much better. I gained quite a bit of respect for you at the time for owning up to your behaviour and actually making an effort to do something about it. Thats all gone now though. The fact that you feel the need to lie about such trivial s*** and are pulling the exact same antics almost a decade later, means that

A) Your apology was insincere and your newfound humility was a facade, and

B) Your doctor probably needs to increase the dosage on your meds.

PS I feel bad for throwing your personal s*** out in a public forum, but youre basically asking for it at this point

Edited by Bannedforlife

7 hours ago, Bannedforlife said:

I said that you have threatened to burn your s*** on multiple occasions. That quote proves that I was right. 

It definitely happened back in '08 as well. We actually had a conversation about it some years after the fact. You apologized and explained that your wife had left you recently and you were dealing with some mental problems or something, but that you had gotten help and were feeling much better. I gained quite a bit of respect for you at the time for owning up to your behaviour and actually making an effort to do something about it. Thats all gone now though. The fact that you feel the need to lie about such trivial s*** and are pulling the exact same antics almost a decade later, means that

PS I feel bad for throwing your personal s*** out in a public forum, but youre basically asking for it at this point

I was having those issues in 2011. Not 08. I simply said I didn't say what you said I said when you said I said it. I'm not worried about you bringing that up, I brought it up back then, it happened, we were apart for 4 months and are still together today.

I never said I didn't lose it about the Wings now and again. You were just so matter of fact that it happened that night. I'm sure I said something crazy back then because if you remember something like what you wrote about a meaningless users personal life that i vented so many years ago, then I will have to admit that you probably remember me saying something to the effect of what you're describing. But it just wasn't when you said it was.

Anyway, I obviously said it a few weeks ago, so I can't deny it again. I will say that I will be mad if Holland drafts him, but can't say he won't ever grow on me. He's just not the player I want. And for the record, I won't burn anything, s*** costs too much!

Edited by LeftWinger

10 hours ago, Bannedforlife said:

Suddenly the tantrums of 2011 all make sense now 

Detroit needs a #1 center and 2 top pair D.

Larkin might stil be that #1 C.  Maybe not.  He's the only one who has the potential to be that though.

Cholowski might be a top pair D, but probably not for 4-5 years.

They have a surplus of wingers.  Tatar, Nyquist, Mantha, Svechnikov, Smith, and there's a pretty good chance AA and Holmstrom end up on the wing.  The smart move is to package a forward with a pick or two and/or another player and get what they need.  There are teams who have more players that they'd want to protect than they can, Winnipeg and Minnesota for example.  

The Jets have Buff, Trouba, Myers, and Enstrom.  Buff and Enstrom have a NMC, either they have to waive it or they have to be protected.  They'd probably rather move Myers than Trouba, but then again it seems pretty clear Trouba wants out anyway.  A second, a third, their choice of wingers, and another player (XO, Sheahan, etc.) might do it.  For Myers, Nyquist or Tatar and a 3rd might get it done.  Maybe not, but you have to make the offer.

The Wild have Suter, Dumba, Spurgeon, and Brodin.  Suter and Dumba are likely the 2 they want to protect, and be willing to move Brodin or Spurgeon.  They're going to want a guy they don't have to expose to the draft in return, which probably means they'd want Larkin, Cholowski, or Svechnikov.  Spurgeon can give a list of 20 teams he won't accept a trade to, giving him some leverage and potentially lowering what they can get.  He's also 27 and has a cap hit just south of $5.2 mil.  Brodin is younger and while not cheap, is signed for 4 years at a hit of $4.167 mil.  His numbers aren't as good as Trouba's and his role was smaller, but he could possibly be had for less because of that.  Svechnikov and a second might at least get the conversation started.

There are deals to be made, Detroit has the assets to at least potentially make one.  If Holland can't at least be in the picture, he fails horribly.

From Kahn: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/05/post_25.html#incart_river_index

There’s a few teams with potential protection issues on defense, including Minnesota, Nashville, Anaheim, Winnipeg and the New York Islanders.

If the Wild opt to protect three defensemen, Ryan Suter and Jared Spurgeon surely will be two of them. That leaves one spot for either Jonas Brodin, Matt Dumba or Marco Scandella.

Dumba’s name surfaces in more trade speculation than the others.

Nashville is another club with a decision to make. The Predators might elect to protect four defensemen (P.K. Subban, Roman Josi, Ryan Ellis and Mattias Ekholm) and just four forwards. If not, they’ll need to move a good defenseman.

The Jets might opt to protect four defensemen as well, unless they make a trade. Dustin Byfuglien and Tobias Enstrom have no-movement clauses and Winnipeg isn’t going to expose Jacob Trouba or Tyler Myers.

The New York Islanders might need to move a defenseman, perhaps Calvin de Haan, who is rumored to be on the Red Wings’ radar. Johnny Boychuk must be protected due to his no-movement clause (unless he agrees to waive it) and the two other spots could go to Nick Leddy and Travis Hamonic.

The Ducks have a plethora of defensemen. They figure to protect Cam Fowler, Hampus Lindholm and Sami Vatanen, assuming Kevin Bieksa waives his no-movement clause (he might as well, since Vegas won’t take a 35-year-old). That would leave Josh Manson exposed.

3 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

From Kahn: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/05/post_25.html#incart_river_index

There’s a few teams with potential protection issues on defense, including Minnesota, Nashville, Anaheim, Winnipeg and the New York Islanders.

If the Wild opt to protect three defensemen, Ryan Suter and Jared Spurgeon surely will be two of them. That leaves one spot for either Jonas Brodin, Matt Dumba or Marco Scandella.

Dumba’s name surfaces in more trade speculation than the others.

Nashville is another club with a decision to make. The Predators might elect to protect four defensemen (P.K. Subban, Roman Josi, Ryan Ellis and Mattias Ekholm) and just four forwards. If not, they’ll need to move a good defenseman.

The Jets might opt to protect four defensemen as well, unless they make a trade. Dustin Byfuglien and Tobias Enstrom have no-movement clauses and Winnipeg isn’t going to expose Jacob Trouba or Tyler Myers.

The New York Islanders might need to move a defenseman, perhaps Calvin de Haan, who is rumored to be on the Red Wings’ radar. Johnny Boychuk must be protected due to his no-movement clause (unless he agrees to waive it) and the two other spots could go to Nick Leddy and Travis Hamonic.

The Ducks have a plethora of defensemen. They figure to protect Cam Fowler, Hampus Lindholm and Sami Vatanen, assuming Kevin Bieksa waives his no-movement clause (he might as well, since Vegas won’t take a 35-year-old). That would leave Josh Manson exposed.

Heard these rumors. It would be super underwhelming if our D addition is Calvin de Haan.

We picked a good year to miss the playoffs and rebuild though IMO. Lot's of teams will scrambling to make moves and readjust their rosters. There will be plenty of opportunities for Holland to make moves if he wants to make moves.

12 hours ago, kliq said:

Lets try to get this thread back on track, things seem to be getting quite personal at this point.

At the end of the day we need a top pairing D-man, and ideally a future #1 center. If we get those two things, I think it completely changes the look of our team.

No s***..personal and vicious.

Let's draft a Cheenk...Suzuki sounds Orietnal...is he Chinese or Jap?  Japanese, Chinese, Chuckie Cheese...who cares, just get him.  We'll probably want to draft another player in an hour though

Edited by Nondescript_D

5 minutes ago, Nondescript_D said:

No s***..personal and vicious.

Let's draft a Cheenk...Suzuki sounds Orietnal...is he Chinese or Jap?  Japanese, Chinese, Chuckie Cheese...who cares, just get him.  We'll probably want to draft another player in an hour though

As long as he's not Euro-Trash!

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I don't see anything that screams #1 d-man. Plus he's left handed.

No, I don't see him as a number one. More of a DeKeyser type, middle pairing guy. Why does left handed matter though? We're loaded with righties. Green is the only player that can be considered a top pair guy, and he's a righty. We also have Jensen, Sproul, Russo and Hronek, Saarijarvi, Sambrook and McIlrath in the pipeline. Handedness shouldn't be too much of a priority, but the way things are shaping up, I'd almost prefer a lefty for the top pair...

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No, I don't see him as a number one. More of a DeKeyser type, middle pairing guy. Why does left handed matter though? We're loaded with righties. Green is the only player that can be considered a top pair guy, and he's a righty. We also have Jensen, Sproul, Russo and Hronek, Saarijarvi, Sambrook and McIlrath in the pipeline. Handedness shouldn't be too much of a priority, but the way things are shaping up, I'd almost prefer a lefty for the top pair...

True, I'm just so used to us craving a top guy who's right handed. All this talk of Trouba and Hamilton has got me brainwashed. 

4 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I feel like Hronek, Saarijarvi, and possibly Cholowski could each vie for a top 2 spot... I'd be surprised if they all don't at least pan out to be top 4 d-men.  I'm especially excited about Hronek.

Most people thought the same about Sproul, Marchenko, XO, and Jensen.

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Most people thought the same about Sproul, Marchenko, XO, and Jensen.

I don't know about that... For me anyway, and I know some others as well, seen it more as Sproul being the only guy with top pair potential. Ouellet and Jensen as bottom 4 guys and Marchenko as a bottom pair guy. And honestly, not much has changed for me, except for Sproul, unless he can get out of Detroit...

9 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I feel like Hronek, Saarijarvi, and possibly Cholowski could each vie for a top 2 spot... I'd be surprised if they all don't at least pan out to be top 4 d-men.  I'm especially excited about Hronek.

I see all as middle pairing guys at the NHL level. Maybe one might surprise and become and solid number two, but I highly doubt any develop into the stud number one we so badly need. 

I don't think anyone thought of late round picks like Jensen and Marchenko as being top tier guys...I think Jensen is a 2nd pair guy on a decent team based solely on his skating.  On a Cup team he's a 3rd pairing guy who can play with the second unit when injuries hit. Given his draft position..he's a steal.  Given his offensive instincts...I' love to see him on the wing for a bit

Sproul was the OHL dman of the year and Oullett is smart...his skating never developed much so that hamstrings him.  He's another bad team 2nd/ good team 3rd pairing guy who could have been more with better wheels.  Sproul has been slow to develop...but the potential is there. He's big, has a cannon for a shot (RH) and he can skate.  At 23 yrs old..he's at the crossroads.  the tools for a top pairing ...or at the very least a really good second pairing ..are there.

I've seen a fair amount of Vili...he's a top pairing guy potentially.  Sambrook is another guy who has a future.  Haven't seen enough of Hronek, Cholo or anyone else to say. I want to see how Holway develops in college.   

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

If we could get rid of the always injured guys back there, we could see how good these kids may be sooner rather than later...

Should have started happening 2 or 3 years ago instead of waiting until they had to clear waivers.  

Havent watched enough of Sambrook, but he sounds good

Cholo had a rough first year in the NCAA numbers wise, but from what I hear he was relied upon heavily for a freshmen

Hronek and Saarijarvi are very exciting players. Both potential Rafalski/Krug types. Hicketts should be in the conversation with them too. Issue with these 3 is the size obviously. Choosing the right complimentary partners to play with them should mitigate that though. Im thinking Stuart/Methot types. XO/Jensen could be our answer already.

I've been impressed with Sambrook in the few games I've seen. I've only seen one game of Cholowski with the Griffins a few weeks ago, and he looked decent for his first game pro. I've seen a few of both Hronek and Saarijarvi and I like what I see with both. I agree that Hicketts should be in the discussion as well. He's probably the defenseman I'm highest on in the system. Kid comes to play every night, and is an absolute warrior. No one tell him he's only 5'8", because I'm sure he has no idea. Plays like he's 6'4", and hits like a ton of bricks. I thought that might come to a halt once he turned pro, but if anything I think he's become even more aggressive and uses his body more. It will be interesting to see if he's able to play the same game in the NHL though... Again though, I'd be surprised if any become top pair at the NHL level, and completely shocked if any become a legit number one...

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I've been impressed with Sambrook in the few games I've seen. I've only seen one game of Cholowski with the Griffins a few weeks ago, and he looked decent for his first game pro. I've seen a few of both Hronek and Saarijarvi and I like what I see with both. I agree that Hicketts should be in the discussion as well. He's probably the defenseman I'm highest on in the system. Kid comes to play every night, and is an absolute warrior. No one tell him he's only 5'8", because I'm sure he has no idea. Plays like he's 6'4", and hits like a ton of bricks. I thought that might come to a halt once he turned pro, but if anything I think he's become even more aggressive and uses his body more. It will be interesting to see if he's able to play the same game in the NHL though... Again though, I'd be surprised if any become top pair at the NHL level, and completely shocked if any become a legit number one...

Saarijarvi plays chippy for an undersized guy as well. I'm a big fan of Jeff Mareks, and he's super high on Joe Hicketts. Hoping that's a good sign. I doubt any of them are the next Erik Karlsson, but hopefully at best one is a guy who can compliment a legit #1 or hold down the 2nd pair.

Just gotta find the #1, somehow, someway