• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Too much

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Agreed. The kid has an injury history and has never played up to the hype. Not to mention, 6mil per year is a high cap hit for a kid that got 42 points and was a -10 last year.

My offer would be Nielsen, Green and a 3rd. No chance that gets its done though lol.

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I was wondering if you meant it'll cost too much or my return was too much?

I can't speak for Dickie, but both in my opinion. I wouldn't pay close to the three pieces you mentioned, and Nugent-Hopkins would cost more than I'd be willing to pay.

just would be nice to see some new faces on defense. i think were ok forward wise for now.

hearing hamonic, calvin de haan, vatanen.

seems like a lot of islander fans were high on hamoic being top 2 dman before he asked for a trade a way bad

seems like theyre pretty high on calvin de haan too

seems like fowler will get an extension with ducks

or just say f*** it and bring up big dylan seems like he had an awesome post season with the griffins

why is everyone so high on RNH? because hes young? i mean i guess id take him if neilson was involved in the trade and a pick. seems identical to neilson just almost 10 years younger.. i dont know him well but i cant see him ever being on Z replacement or on Z level. but what are we really giving up for him. neilson is certainly a replacement for him now you have to make them want the same player just 10 years older.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ken Holland is such a jackass.  He is saying that he will "listen" if something interesting is presented.  Hey Ken.  Your team SUCKS.  The owner needs to listen to all the boos coming from the stands.  Better get off your ass and do something, Ken.  We DON'T like this crappy team.

Except there's no boos during games. Maybe once when we lost with a wide margine against Pittsburgh. 

Also lol at your anger. Deal with it bruh he's our GM for years to come.

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ken Holland is such a jackass.  He is saying that he will "listen" if something interesting is presented.  Hey Ken.  Your team SUCKS.  The owner needs to listen to all the boos coming from the stands.  Better get off your ass and do something, Ken.  We DON'T like this crappy team.

So what moves could be made over the next week that would please you? Who do you want him to protect?

27 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

It's too late.  Until Holland is gone, this team is going to stink.

Ya your opinion of Holland is clear, but the reality of the situation is he is not going anywhere. So what I want to know is what can he do this next week that will make you happy? By answering this question, it does not mean you are a Holland fan, it does not mean you like him, it doesnt even mean you are happy with him, its simply asking you to evaluate his upcoming week in a bubble.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming that you are emotionally mature enough to do this. Please don't prove me wrong as you ask me to give you a chance, so I am doing it right now by trying to have a legit conversation with you.

If you can't answer this question, what this tells me is your criticism is fake. You simply call him an idiot regardless of what he does and have no desire to actually talk about the Wings.

If he left all his bad contracts exposed and kept XO over flash in the pan Jensen I'd be happier. If he takes a C and a D with his first two picks without reaching for some midget with questionable work ethic or a d-man who can't defend. I'd be ecstatic if he managed to make a move to get a legit top pair D ages 26 or younger.

12 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

If he left all his bad contracts exposed and kept XO over flash in the pan Jensen I'd be happier. If he takes a C and a D with his first two picks without reaching for some midget with questionable work ethic or a d-man who can't defend. I'd be ecstatic if he managed to make a move to get a legit top pair D ages 26 or younger.

100% agree.

If I were Holland I would protect Z, Nyquist, Tatar, Nielsen (only because you have to), Mantha, AA, and Sheahan at forward. DD, XO, and Green on D, and Mrazek in goal. I dont hate the Helm contract like some, but coupled with all the other's I would have no problem with it going, and Abby is going nowhere anyways so why waste a spot on him.

When you say expose all the bad contracts, are you talking DD?

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

He can do a lot.  He can TRADE a goalie (Howard + pay 1/2 his cap hit) and a 2nd round pick to Vegas in exchange for Vegas taking Ericsson off their unprotected list.  That clears 6.5 million in cap space and opens up 2 roster spots for Coreau and Russo.  

His next move should be to get (2) RIGHT HANDED forwards.  Nashville and Winnepeg are ideal trade partners, as they are both stacked with righties and both out of confetence teams.  Larkin should be offered up with Nyquist and a pick if necessary for Laine.  Laine might be unattainable, so Wheeler would be next on the list. 

I don't hate your first part, but if we are not contending for the next couple years anyways why waste a 2nd rounder to get rid of two contracts that will be gone in 2 and 3 years respectfully?  Now, if that move is needed for another move to come (ie. acquiring a player like Trouba) I am 100% good with it.

I would LOVE Laine, but there is no chance at that. My only issue with Wheeler is that he is 30, so by the time we are contenders he will likely be a washed up player. 

27 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

He can do a lot.  He can TRADE a goalie (Howard + pay 1/2 his cap hit) and a 2nd round pick to Vegas in exchange for Vegas taking Ericsson off their unprotected list.  That clears 6.5 million in cap space and opens up 2 roster spots for Coreau and Russo.  

His next move should be to get (2) RIGHT HANDED forwards.  Nashville and Winnepeg are ideal trade partners, as they are both stacked with righties and both out of confetence teams.  Larkin should be offered up with Nyquist and a pick if necessary for Laine.  Laine might be unattainable, so Wheeler would be next on the list.  

Our GM is doing NOTHING right now, though.  Sheahan is going to get plucked by Vegas.  That will make the 2nd 1st rounder lost to our team in 3 months.  If you wonder why our 1st line looks like a good team's 2nd line, our 2nd and 3rd lines look like a good team's 4th line, and our 4th line looks like a beer league team's 1st line, KEN HOLLAND is why.  He traded our best trade assets this year for SHYTE draft picks, and will more than likely have ZERO NHL players come out of this year's draft, let alone play in the NHL this year.  A rebuild through the draft starts with GOOD draft picks = first rounders.  We just got rid of 2 of them.

I don't really like any of this, respectfully. As Dickie said, it's very well predicted that Fleury will be in Vegas, he has already waived his no movement clause for what I feel like is anticipation of the inevitable. 

I think Laine has as good of a chance of being dealt that Ovechkin had in his young years, absolutely untouchable. He's the future, and the kind of player a team like Winnipeg needs to go forward and build the franchise around. Blake Wheeler would be another Nielsen situation on this team, I don't think a lot of people were familiar with Nielsen before he came here and how good of a player he really is. Problem is, he's aging and declining, the team around him isn't as talented, and it becomes harder to produce on an offensively impotent team and it reflected in his numbers. I think Wheeler would be a similar situation. 

And honestly, Sheahan can go for all I care after last season. I think I watched 70 regular season games last season and besides the very last game, I saw nothing out of him that I wouldn't mind losing. 

8 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I don't really like any of this, respectfully. As Dickie said, it's very well predicted that Fleury will be in Vegas, he has already waived his no movement clause for what I feel like is anticipation of the inevitable. 

I think Laine has as good of a chance of being dealt that Ovechkin had in his young years, absolutely untouchable. He's the future, and the kind of player a team like Winnipeg needs to go forward and build the franchise around. Blake Wheeler would be another Nielsen situation on this team, I don't think a lot of people were familiar with Nielsen before he came here and how good of a player he really is. Problem is, he's aging and declining, the team around him isn't as talented, and it becomes harder to produce on an offensively impotent team and it reflected in his numbers. I think Wheeler would be a similar situation. 

And honestly, Sheahan can go for all I care after last season. I think I watched 70 regular season games last season and besides the very last game, I saw nothing out of him that I wouldn't mind losing. 

The only reason why I would like to hold on to Sheahan is because of his rumoured trade value. With that being said, him being worth a 1st may have been complete BS and if so I'm with you.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Our GM is doing NOTHING right now, though.  Sheahan is going to get plucked by Vegas.  That will make the 2nd 1st rounder lost to our team in 3 months.  If you wonder why our 1st line looks like a good team's 2nd line, our 2nd and 3rd lines look like a good team's 4th line, and our 4th line looks like a beer league team's 1st line, KEN HOLLAND is why.  He traded our best trade assets this year for SHYTE draft picks, and will more than likely have ZERO NHL players come out of this year's draft, let alone play in the NHL this year.  A rebuild through the draft starts with GOOD draft picks = first rounders.  We just got rid of 2 of them.

You're complaining for the sake of complaining. Which is fine. I do it all the time. But, yeah.

Smith hasn't worked out the way we'd hoped he would and he's now 28 and eligible for unrestricted free agency and he's probably going to be overpaid by some team that (hopefully) isn't us. Credit where it's due: the return Holland got for Smith was a coup.

Vanek doesn't fit into our long-term plans. It's been established that his trade value wasn't especially high and that this was largely because teams were aware that his production was the result of cushy deployment:

Why Thomas Vanek was traded for such a small return

If we want Vanek back, we can re-sign him. Then we will have basically gotten a free pick. Same idea with Smith.

Sheahan, like Smith, hasn't worked out the way we'd hoped he would. We probably could've gotten something for him at the trade deadline, but I don't believe any team was remotely interested in giving up a first-round pick for him. I suspect if that rumor has any basis in reality, the actual reality is that Holland was asking for a 1st, as opposed to a team coming to him with that offer and him rejecting him.

There's no basis for saying we'll "more than likely have zero NHL players come out of this year's draft." The Wings have shown they can pull NHLers out of their collective ass. The problem is that they've struggled to pull *really good* NHLers out of their collective ass. That's arguably worth complaining about, as it suggests the Wings 1) shouldn't count on finding two or three franchise players outside of the top half of the first round, and, accordingly, 2) should be more aggressive about trying to acquire other teams' first-round picks and other teams' high-end talent.

Saying, "A rebuild through the draft starts with GOOD draft picks = first rounders. We just got rid of 2 of them," is complaining that we got rid of Smith and (possibly) Sheahan. Do you really want to complain about losing Smith and (possibly) Sheahan? Like, I get that they were first-round selections, but that doesn't mean anything if they're middling players at the NHL level. If it DOES mean something, you should also be complaining about the loss of Kindl. And why are you writing off our first-round pick in this year's draft, stating we'll "more than likely have ZERO NHL players come out of this year's draft"? You're sour over losing Smith and (possibly) Sheahan because they were first-round selections...yet you're pretty much writing off our top-ten pick, the highest pick we've had in 20 years.

Would like Vanek back but not for long term of course. I think he'll get more than a year but would hesitant to give him more than 2/could MAYBE live with 3 if it lowers the cap hit, but I'm not so sure that's a good idea. He was exciting to watch and generated some offense and for that I'd like him back; just not for too long as we've got young offensive guys that will keep improving. 

I think smith is staying on the Rangers. From what I've read, they seem to like him there and they just got rid of Girardi.. I think shattenkirk will price himself out of their range and they'll sign smith instead. 

I don't disagree with that point at all honestly, I think players have a certain amount of time to be given a chance to prove themselves, or we stop sitting on them. Unfortunately players like Jarnkrok (Who is valued enough by Nashville to be on their protected list) and Frk didn't get hardly any opportunity with the team to determine their value. A lot have been pretty bad draft selections also, players didn't pan out and it is like throwing those picks out the window. 

Obviously not ALL players are going to turn out the way you want, and what they are thinking when they draft them, but comparing to the past, yeah, we've been in a drafting rut here.