• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

Wouldn't mind giving Gelinas or Morrow a shot on a cheap deal. Mobile defensemen who can shoot. Gelinas had a solid rookie year, and 2nd wasn't bad. Worst case, they can't win a spot in camp and we waive them.

Yakupov could be good on a cheap deal as well. 

12 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Do the Grifs need a defenseman?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I know you're probably not serious, but there's not even enough room for all of our guys as it is...

Paetsch(?), Lashoff, Renouf, Russo, Hicketts, Cholowski, McIlrath(?), Hronek, Saarijarvi, Sulak...

Let's focus on long term assets and prospects. It's so weird that Detroit has never been in this position since I was ultimately a fan of the team but we need a complete 180 from the last few seasons where they sign guys like Ott, Vanek & Nielsen. Focus on building around guys like Larkin & Mantha, even though I love the guys, it's time for Zetterberg and Kronwall to go and if we have to, we really should be looking at trades. There's something special about guys playing their whole careers in Detroit and in one way it would be awesome to see them retire in Detroit but at this point in time that's not what's best for the team.

Rasmussen is a center with good size and wheels, as well as two-way acumen. Has fine stick skills and handles the puck well. Drives the net and battles along the boards. Has a hard wrist shot and a fast release. Useful on the penalty kill and can play wing in a pinch.

6 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Rasmussen is a center with good size and wheels, as well as two-way acumen. Has fine stick skills and handles the puck well. Drives the net and battles along the boards. Has a hard wrist shot and a fast release. Useful on the penalty kill and can play wing in a pinch.

Not sure if you're describing Mike or Dennis 

I just don't understand signing a D when we have 7 here already and a couple that can be called up. You start signing D you're going to have to waive some. Don't think that a team won't take any one of Sproul, XO or Jensen. They'd be gone instantly...for free and You know Holland won't trade E.

Edited by LeftWinger

10 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

We need more veteran leadership

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Kronwall has enough veteran status for the whole D corps already. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I just don't understand signing a D when we have 7 here already and a couple that can be called up. You start signing D you're going to have to waive some. Don't think that a team won't take any one of Sproul, XO or Jensen. They'd be gone instantly...for free and You know Holland won't trade E.

This is true. Sadly, VERY true.

Kronwall will hopefully be LTIRed! His knees are gone. I would resign Vanek if I could. RHed shot and played well for us last year. Gives the kids more time to develop.

I was reading WIIM and they were hoping we could move 1 of Tatar or Nyquist for a 1st. I LOLed! neither will get you a 1st. We now have about 20 Demn either signed or own the rigts to. Move some for a proven vet or 2. Could say a Nyquist, Cholowski and another get you Fowler or trouba? Don't know till we ask.

Please dont go out and throw a 7 year 49 million contract offer at shattenkirk. yes he is a good player and I would love to have him. But not at those numbers. 5 years and 40 makes much more sense.

Just now, Krayzie_Bone said:

No good reason for Holland not to buy out Ericcson. Everytime I look at the red wings cap page when I see how much money and how many years he has left it blows my mind.

No No No No No! We buy him out and his caphit ends up being spread out over 6 years (at a lesser amount of course). We are not going to contend for a cup in the next 3 years, so why waste cap space for 4-6 years from now when we have a chance. The only reason to buyout a player is:

A. If you dont, you will lose someone you need to keep (ie. a Larkin, AA, or Mantha)

B. you need to add an extra piece to win now

Neither of those apply to us. If the re-build gets accelerated, then we can always buy him out in a year or two which will shorten the length of the penalty.

IMO, we should trade E and retain the majority of the caphit.

Waiving him doesn't give us any cap relief except $950,000ish.

I believe Holland is going to do some stupid stuff Saturday.Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him try to make his team better, but I think D will have to be acquired via trade, there's just no spots available without losing someone for free. I hate that. I wouldn't mind giving Vanek another chance, but then again we're looking at cap issues. We do have over $11M with Franzen LTIR, but I still believe Tatar will get $5M-$5.5M. AA will get at least $1M. Maybe less, but we still have very little room to make our team better via UFA.

Rebuild on hold? Red Wings reportedly eye Girardi, Hainsey, Daley

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/27/rebuild-on-hold-red-wings-reportedly-eye-girardi-hainsey-daley/

I mentioned this in another post, I'm okay with us picking up "band aid" veteran defensemen until the younger defensemen are ready for the NHL.  I'm just unsure as to how Holland expects to sign these guys.  Defensemen, regardless of quality, get paid pretty well these days and we don't exactly have a ton of cap space.

1 minute ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Rebuild on hold? Red Wings reportedly eye Girardi, Hainsey, Daley

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/27/rebuild-on-hold-red-wings-reportedly-eye-girardi-hainsey-daley/

I mentioned this in another post, I'm okay with us picking up "band aid" veteran defensemen until the younger defensemen are ready for the NHL.  I'm just unsure as to how Holland expects to sign these guys.  Defensemen, regardless of quality, get paid pretty well these days and we don't exactly have a ton of cap space.

So you think we should sign a past-his-prime "band-aid" veteran defenseman so we can waive and lose a kid like Sproul or Ouellet?