• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

Just now, kliq said:

Ughhh. I would ONLY be ok with signing a guy like Daley if E gets moved, Kronwall is on IR, and it's a 1 year deal. Even then, we don't need regressing middle aged players, isnt this why we got rid of Qunicey?

In fairness, Daley would probably be our best defenseman not named Green.

Not that that's saying much, but it's something. I guess.

8 minutes ago, amato said:

Deep Deep Dish Dish Pizza Pizza Even Even!! :P:P 

BITE BITE, SIP SIP

maxresdefault.jpg

10 minutes ago, kliq said:

Ughhh. I would ONLY be ok with signing a guy like Daley if E gets moved, Kronwall is on IR, and it's a 1 year deal. Even then, we don't need regressing middle aged players, isnt this why we got rid of Qunicey?

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

In fairness, Daley would probably be our best defenseman not named Green.

Not that that's saying much, but it's something. I guess.

We lost Smith, need another capable D-man when injuries roll in. I think we all agree Daley won't win us the cup, he'd be a place-holder.

1 hour ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

Welcome to Boston Trev.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

So Smith just signed a four year deal with NYR for something like $4.5 million per. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, watch him become the D we all hoped he would be here...oue luck.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I agree, and that would be absolute best case scenario. Trade Ericsson (retain $2M), Kronwall ends up on LTIR, and sign Daley for one season...

Daley - Green

DeKeyser - Jensen

Ouellet - Sproul

Trade Daley at the deadline for a 2nd round pick, and re-sign Green to be our one vet on the blueline...

At some point though, I still think it would be in our best interest to package some assets for a young, top 2 defenseman. Has to be done.

its obvious that they feel that Kronners knee isnt going to make it thru another season so they need that extra on  ice vet presence just to keep things under some sort of control. Not sure which of the 5or6 we have been linked with id sooner have, tough call. I'd sooner stand pat on the D go with what we have, and try for one of the Grigorenko or Yakupov maybe even both on short term prove yourself contracts. The upside of both of them hitting their potential far out ways having that old voice on the backend. 

But you know Kenny will get Daley and possably one of the other UFAs mentioned.  

7 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Ericsson gone and keeping $2 mil in cap hit plus whatever they pay the replacement, you're probably better off keeping him until a buyout is palatable

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I disagree. The roster spot is more important than the cap hit in my opinion. We shouldn't be a cap team for the next few seasons anyway, so that $2M we'd be paying on Ericsson's contract would be irrelevant. If we could get rid of Ericsson (and if Kronwall isn't ready to go), I'd be okay with signing a stop gap for one season, until one of the kids are ready to come up next season. It's a moot point though, Ericsson isn't going anywhere...

I think I saw somewhere that Ericsson's injury isn't healing up like they thought it would.  I wonder with the news that we're looking to add 1, maybe 2 defensemen through free agency, if they're expecting the possibility of Kronwall and Ericsson on LTIR to start the season.

6 hours ago, kliq said:

Elliotte Friedman says Daley/Detroit might be a done deal, take it for what it's worth: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-free-agency-buzz-rumblings-around-league/

8 minutes ago, Hairy Lime said:

Elliotte Friedman says Daley/Detroit might be a done deal, take it for what it's worth: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-free-agency-buzz-rumblings-around-league/

Rasmussen + Daley? It's going to be a dark summer on this board :lol:

Look at this lame tattoo he has

NS_17STARSTATTOOS4_35291094.JPG