• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

Les the kids play... at least we will know what they can bring...

Mantha - Z - Nyquist

Larkin - Nielsen - Tatar

Abdelkader - AA - Baby Bert

She - Helm - LG

FA options: Grigorenko/Yakupov

Deke - Green

Ouellet - Jensen

Kronwall/Errorson - McIlarth 

FA option: Kulikov

FA short term only, nothing longer that 2 years.

4th line = $8M combined could be one of the reason why we suck

So if the rumor is true about him wanting to get 2 D and 1 F then let it be short term deals, hopefully.

My wish list, if this scenario is true, and trust me, I'm all for going with the youth and not getting anyone, but if it has to be true:

Daley, 2 years @ 2.5 per
Kulikov, 2 years @ 2.75 per (reduction in salary due to injury issues and under-performance)

Vrbata, 1 year @ 1.25 million (plus performance bonuses)

This would bridge the gap until our young D are ready to jump in and fill in for injury needs immediately (Kronwall, Sproul, and possibly Ericsson).  Vrbata would give us an inexpensive 20 goal scorer since we are short on forwards presently.

Oh, and Colton Parayko is a UFA.... I know he'd be more expensive and may not even leave the Blues, but still... I'd grab that kid and give him a deal, he'd be awesome to have.  6'6", 214 lbs, shoots right and can put up points as a 24-year-old!

53 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Oh, and Colton Parayko is a UFA.... I know he'd be more expensive and may not even leave the Blues, but still... I'd grab that kid and give him a deal, he'd be awesome to have.  6'6", 214 lbs, shoots right and can put up points as a 24-year-old!

Seriously? How did this happen?

26 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This isnt for sure yet.

Khan says it like it's a fact:

"They lost center prospect Tomas Nosek to the Vegas Golden Knights in the expansion draft and elected not to re-sign veteran winger Drew Miller. They will add a defenseman and need two more forwards even after Tatar and Athanasiou are in the fold."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/06/detroit_red_wings_hoping_to_si_1.html

Hope one of the forwards is Bertuzzi and the other is one the low risk/high reward type: Grigorenko/Yakupov.

10 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

So if the rumor is true about him wanting to get 2 D and 1 F then let it be short term deals, hopefully.

My wish list, if this scenario is true, and trust me, I'm all for going with the youth and not getting anyone, but if it has to be true:

Daley, 2 years @ 2.5 per
Kulikov, 2 years @ 2.75 per (reduction in salary due to injury issues and under-performance)

Vrbata, 1 year @ 1.25 million (plus performance bonuses)

This would bridge the gap until our young D are ready to jump in and fill in for injury needs immediately (Kronwall, Sproul, and possibly Ericsson).  Vrbata would give us an inexpensive 20 goal scorer since we are short on forwards presently.

Actually wouldn't mind any of these deals 

Daley would be good and maybe even Girardi too at a decent price. Sucks we still have Ericcson (should have bought him out) though so not a lot of room. I am so sick of these so called puck moving defenseman that just turn it over all the time. (not saying that is Ericcson) but Ericcson is not really good at anything anymore. To be honest he never was and only had a few decent years playing above his ability.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone

4 minutes ago, Krayzie_Bone said:

Daley would be good and maybe even Girardi too at a decent price. Sucks we still have Ericcson (should have bought him out) though so not a lot of room. I am so sick of these so called puck moving defenseman that just turn it over all the time. (not saying that is Ericcson) but Ericcson is not really good at anything anymore. To be honest he never was and only had a few decent years playing above his ability.

Ericsson was a very solid penalty killer for a while but that's faded now.  He is just mediocre now and slower.  If we didn't have several other bad contracts, we could buy him out more than likely.