• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If I know anything about rebuilding teams it's that they pretty much always trade 2nd round picks for 30 year old left handed defensemen on expiring contracts. Clearly nothing has changed for Yzerman and co.

Right? If Yzerman could make the playoffs right now without ******* the future cap and giving up important assets, he would.

He's not holding back the team "by design" to get a top 5 pick. He is making the team as good as he can while collecting assets and protecting the cap. 

For everyone worried about not getting to build this team with any lottery picks: Tampa was able to win a cup with just one: Hedman (Stammer played one game in the playoffs last year). 

Yzerman stressed time and time again some of the later picks have to hit. He is not counting on top picks to build this team. 

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If I know anything about rebuilding teams it's that they pretty much always trade 2nd round picks for 30 year old left handed defensemen on expiring contracts. Clearly nothing has changed for Yzerman and co.

So are you saying the Detroit Red Wings are NOT a rebuilding team? LOL

This is exactly why I didn't love the trade initially. Leddy is a solid player, great addition, but I didn't think Yzerman would be turning the corner that quickly. I still don't think he is fully turning the corner just yet, but Leddy signifies that we're getting closer. 

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

lil'Bert wanting out of Detroit is probably social media speculation more than anything else...I personally hope he's healthy and signs on for a few seasons.

I mean - his pic just screams blue-collar Detroit...

Tyler Bertuzzi Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Or a mugshot after an Alabama/Georgia/Tennessee/Misso game 

5 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Nice on the back end, not much to write home about up front. 

So Seattle is the J-Lo of the NHL.

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

lil'Bert wanting out of Detroit is probably social media speculation more than anything else...I personally hope he's healthy and signs on for a few seasons.

I mean - his pic just screams blue-collar Detroit...

Tyler Bertuzzi Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Totally Awesome Jeff Spicoli GIF - TotallyAwesome JeffSpicoli Awesome GIFs

19 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

holy hell he's starting to get it. Let it marinade a little while longer.

We're absolutely getting closer. I've never said otherwise. I'm just not so naive to think the rebuild is over, or that we're this dramatically improved team, or that there's no way we finish bottom 5 this season... The rebuild is not over. We've improved marginally. Maybe it's enough to get us around 8-10 from the bottom. Maybe Yzerman trades a big player or two, and we once again finish in the bottom 5. We'll see...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

We're absolutely getting closer. I've never said otherwise. I'm just not so naive to think the rebuild is over, or that we're this dramatically improved team, or that there's no way we finish bottom 5 this season... The rebuild is not over. We've improved marginally. Maybe it's enough to get us around 8-10 from the bottom. Maybe Yzerman trades a big player or two, and we once again finish in the bottom 5. We'll see...

The only person that has been saying the rebuild is over is you

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL Is this a joke? I've never (non-sarcastically) said the rebuild is over...

Obviously you weren't being serious. Read between the lines please. The point being made here is that nobody has said the rebuild is over. It's words you are putting in everyone's mouth for some strange reason. 

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Obviously you weren't being serious. Read between the lines please. The point being made here is that nobody has said the rebuild is over. It's words you are putting in everyone's mouth for some strange reason. 

Me: We won't have a top five pick next year because we have a better team.

krsmith: What an idiot! How can you think the rebuild is over?!

Just now, kipwinger said:

Me: We won't have a top five pick next year because we have a better team.

krsmith: What an idiot! How can you think the rebuild is over?!

******* Tampa made the final four at one point during their rebuild. Clearly Yzerman is not afraid to ice the best roster he can during a rebuild. 

If ******* Dougie Hamilton called up Yzerman two days ago and said "yo, I wanna play in Detroit for 2-3 years". Clearly Stevie would be all over that. This idea that Yzerman signs stop gaps by design to be a bad team is absurd. He doesn't get the good players because they want (and get) big term and big money. Yzerman gets the best he can while collecting futures and protecting the cap. It's really that simple. 

17 hours ago, kipwinger said:

This (clear sarcasm) to me indicates that kip doesn't believe we are a "rebuilding team"...

"ReAd BeTwEeN tHe LiNeS"...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This (clear sarcasm) to me indicates that kip doesn't believe we are a "rebuilding team"...

"ReAd BeTwEeN tHe LiNeS"...

I said we'd be a better, healthier, team next year and not get a top five pick. You had a histrionic sh*t fit thereafter. Don't try to put this on me you f*cking Martian.

Let me make it clearer. I'll bet $500 dollars to a charity of your choice if the Wings have one of the bottom five records in the league next year. Deal?

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Remeber how much Yzerman stressed we need to hit on some of those 2nd, 3rd round picks? He ain't counting on no top 5 picks for this. He'd make the playoffs this season if there was a way to do it without mortgaging the future. 

2nd and 3rd rounds picks he actively traded away this year (despite not wanting to) because...wait for it...Nick Leddy and Alex Nedjelkovic make us a better team. Now add Pius Suter and Joe Veleno and Moritz Seider and holy smokes, it's almost like we're a better team. Almost.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I said we'd be a better, healthier, team next year and not get a top five pick. You had a histrionic sh*t fit thereafter. Don't try to put this on me you f*cking Martian.

Let me make it clearer. I'll bet $500 dollars to a charity of your choice if the Wings have one of the bottom five records in the league next year. Deal?

Ok, so you do think we are a "rebuilding team". So explain the point of the above post...

Are you saying that actually is what rebuilding teams do? Or that Yzerman was dumb for acquiring Leddy, giving up a pick since we are still a rebuilding team?

Or was it just another dumb post by kipwinger that made absolutely no sense?...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Ok, so you do think we are a "rebuilding team". So explain the point of the above post...

Are you saying that actually is what rebuilding teams do? Or that Yzerman was dumb for acquiring Leddy, giving up a pick since we are still a rebuilding team?

Or was it just another dumb post by kipwinger that made absolutely no sense?...

Nice dodge. You gonna take the bet or not p*ssy?

Just now, kipwinger said:

2nd and 3rd rounds picks he actively traded away this year (despite not wanting to) because...wait for it...Nick Leddy and Alex Nedjelkovic make us a better team. Now add Pius Suter and Joe Veleno and Moritz Seider and holy smokes, it's almost like we're a better team. Almost.

Literally no one has said that this team has not improved. The difference is how much some of us believe we have improved.

Me: "It's very possibly we could be in the running for a bottom 5 finish again this season"...

kip, bark, marc: "ThErE's No WaY tHaT iS pOsSiBlE" "wAnT tO BeT $500?"...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Literally no one has said that this team has not improved. The difference is how much some of us believe we have improved.

Me: "It's very possibly we could be in the running for a bottom 5 finish again this season"...

Still dodging. Still a coward. Gonna take the bet or not? Put your money where your mouth is or shut up. I swear if I ever get the opportunity to meet you I'm going to buy you a beer, dump it on your head, and watch you do nothing.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Nice dodge. You gonna take the bet or not p*ssy?

Yup, nice dodge indeed. I don't blame you for not wanting to answer the question...

Why would I bet money on something I "think" has a "possibility" of happening?

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Still dodging. Still a coward. Gonna take the bet or not? Put your money where your mouth is or shut up. I swear if I ever get the opportunity to meet you I'm going to buy you a beer, dump it on your head, and watch you do nothing.

LOL a lot of threats behind that computer screen hey big fella...

20 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

We would have had a top 5 (5th overall) pick this summer if it weren't for the expansion team. How has Yzerman improved this team "considerably"? I would say he has improved the team "marginally".

Assuming that we will be a better team next season is assuming that Yzerman isn't going to trade away any of our good young players for futures. I would assume at least one or two of those players will be moved at or before the trade deadline.

Staying healthy is a bit of a bold assumption, considering we're consistently one of the highest man games lost to injury teams every season.

Ottawa was better last season and will be better next season than Columbus. For every "bad" team we played last year, there will be a "bad" team that will replace them this season.

It's not Shane Wright or bust, but we should absolutely be in the running for a top 5 pick next season.

What makes you think "Bertuzzi is desperate to get out of Detroit". First I'm hearing of this...

We keep the receipts dork. You implied that a top five pick was likely, not just a possibility.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

We keep the receipts dork. You implied that a top five pick was likely, not just a possibility.

Yes, we'll be "in the running" for a top 5 pick. Absof***inglutely. What's your point?

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You did not say it was possible, you implied it was VERY likely. That's why we disagree with you. You think Yzerman is gionna trade Bert and Vrana for futures, despite him stressing that trading these types of players, he wants a younger, NHL player as part of the deal. Hence how he got Vrana to begin with. 

Teams pay Yzerman for a player entering their prime years for a younger comparable plus futures. He wants a competitive team that can win games. Because that's how you DEVELOP these young players. 

Just now, BarkBurgerman said:

Found him on facebook years ago. He's like 5'9" in real life. You probably don't even need to dump out the whole beer. 

Sounds like his dad was jacking off in the toilet and his mom jumped in front of it at the last second.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, we'll be "in the running" for a top 5 pick. Absof***inglutely. What's your point?

How are you not getting this? My point, again, is that we won't. And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. Are you?