• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

Gerard Gallant Las Vegas first coach

Rate this topic

Another one I called! YAY!

If Vancouver hires Sutter, I'm playing the lottery! (and I don't even bet on things!)

Good for Spuddy! If he has much influence on the players selected, I can see a good bunch of Canadian boys going to Vages! Say goodbye to Helm if he's left unprotected!

Gallant: 1. (of a person or their behavior) brave; heroic. 2. (of a man or his behavior) giving special attention and respect to women; chivalrous.

synonyms: brave, courageous, valiant, valorous, bold, plucky, daring, fearless, intrepid, heroic, lionhearted, stouthearted, doughty, mettlesome, dauntless, undaunted, unflinching, unafraid;
synonyms: chivalrous, princely, gentlemanly, honorable, courteous, polite, mannerly, attentive, respectful, gracious, considerate, thoughtful

A fitting hire for the Golden Knights

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Gallant: 1. (of a person or their behavior) brave; heroic. 2. (of a man or his behavior) giving special attention and respect to women; chivalrous.

synonyms: brave, courageous, valiant, valorous, bold, plucky, daring, fearless, intrepid, heroic, lionhearted, stouthearted, doughty, mettlesome, dauntless, undaunted, unflinching, unafraid;
synonyms: chivalrous, princely, gentlemanly, honorable, courteous, polite, mannerly, attentive, respectful, gracious, considerate, thoughtful

A fitting hire for the Golden Knights

I would fit in category 2. Especially regarding curvaciuous ladies, with some special rulesets applied.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Would have been nice to have him coach the Wings next season, but the complacency train from ownership down is gonna keep the coach who's had the worst two seasons in Detroit in decades under his belt. 

Yeah, the coach who had some of the worst seasons in Columbus Blue Jackets history would be a way better option. Makes all the sense. 

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

You'd rather Blash than Gallant? 

I would. Just like a rookie player, I think Blashill has room to grow and just because he isnt great today, doesnt mean he won't be tomorrow. Gallant on the other hand has been a coach for 6 seasons, and 5 of those 6 season were failures and he's been fired twice in 4 seasons. I would guess that he is less likely then Blashill to become a better coach then what he is today as I think Blashill has more room to grow. The fact that he was fired from Florida 1 year after taking them to the playoffs is a bit of a red flag as well.

With that being said, please don't mistaken this as a pro Blashill post. There are many coaches I would take over him, Gallant is just not one of them. I want a young coach, or I want a coach with a track record, not a coach who has been around for a few years that has failed more then succeeded. 

Blashill has gotten worse from last season to this season. He sits guys like AA while Sheahan goes scoreless for 83 games, his line combos make no sense and the guys he puts on the PP make even less sense, he flip flops goalies too much, he had Kronwall playing 20 plus minutes on dead knees while being a negative presence on the ice, never sat Errorsson or DD for their brain farts and own goals...list goes on. I don't see him getting any better. He's in way over his head and has been since day one. Maybe Gallant isn't the answer either, but I'd give almost anyone else a chance over Blash at this point.

36 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Blashill has gotten worse from last season to this season. He sits guys like AA while Sheahan goes scoreless for 83 games, his line combos make no sense and the guys he puts on the PP make even less sense, he flip flops goalies too much, he had Kronwall playing 20 plus minutes on dead knees while being a negative presence on the ice, never sat Errorsson or DD for their brain farts and own goals...list goes on. I don't see him getting any better. He's in way over his head and has been since day one. Maybe Gallant isn't the answer either, but I'd give almost anyone else a chance over Blash at this point.

You may be right, again I'm not defending him. If I am just choosing between him and Gallant, I choose Blashill (at least for next season).

18 hours ago, kliq said:

You may be right, again I'm not defending him. If I am just choosing between him and Gallant, I choose Blashill (at least for next season).

We all have our opinions. But really, what has Blash done to deserve to keep his job? Dave Lewis was replaced after a couple seasons, and he had 48 wins in each and a Presidents Trophy. His playoff record was pretty dismal, but the team made the second round once at least. Going from Scotty to Lewis, there was going to be somewhat of a drop off until Lewis got things figured out, but management didn't want that drop off to last too long and hired Babcock to get the team winning Cups again. There's been a drop off again since Blashill took over from Babcock, so why be satisfied with that this time? Why does Blashill deserve a third season when Lewis didn't? 

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

We all have our opinions. But really, what has Blash done to deserve to keep his job? Dave Lewis was replaced after a couple seasons, and he had 48 wins in each and a Presidents Trophy. His playoff record was pretty dismal, but the team made the second round once at least. Going from Scotty to Lewis, there was going to be somewhat of a drop off until Lewis got things figured out, but management didn't want that drop off to last too long and hired Babcock to get the team winning Cups again. There's been a drop off again since Blashill took over from Babcock, so why be satisfied with that this time? Why does Blashill deserve a third season when Lewis didn't? 

I feel like you aren't reading what I am writing. I never said Blashill deserves to keep his job, and I never said that I am satisfied with Blashill. What I said was that I would prefer to have Blashill over Gallant because I feel Blashill has more upside then Gallant. If I had my way, we would be bringing in none of the above but that was not the question you originally asked. 

11 hours ago, kliq said:

I feel like you aren't reading what I am writing. I never said Blashill deserves to keep his job, and I never said that I am satisfied with Blashill. What I said was that I would prefer to have Blashill over Gallant because I feel Blashill has more upside then Gallant. If I had my way, we would be bringing in none of the above but that was not the question you originally asked. 

Yeah I getcha.