• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nondescript_D

Vili Saarijarvi

Rate this topic

I know a lot of people HATED this pick in 2015, but I think we have a top four Dman here.  Watched last nights Missasauga/Oshawa game online.  Vili is smaller...but he doesn't stand out as being tiny.  What stands out is his skating and passing and the way he QB's the power play.  Defensively he's not very physical..but he's really quick with the stick  and he handles th puck well coming out of his end.  the announce crew from Oshawa called him "dynamic" and a "steal" in the draft.  He maybe isn't Nik...but he's got Rafalski level upside for sure.  Looking forward to seeing what he can do in GR next season.

That Missasauga team has some serious skill.  Owen Tippett is an elite scorer...he made an inside/out move that was highlight reel stuff and he plays with a nasty streak. DMan Nick Hague skates very well for a 6-5" 18 year old.  Doesn't have a real physical edge to his game...he let a guy carrying slip past him along the boards instead of rubbing him off the puck.  Buy I don't know if that was just a mistake or a sign of an issue.  Could live with having both and nothing else from this year's draft :)