• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Griffins Calder Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

Been reading a ton of good things about my fellow Sudburian Bertuzzi throughout this run. He hasn't really showed that playing style with the big team yet though. Hopefully he does next season.

Seems McIllrath has been crucial as well in keeping the flies off and other teams honest. Nelson says he makes everyone on the team about 5 inches taller. Lol

Least our minor club is making a great run, kinda takes the sting away from the s***ty season and the Pens being 5 wins away from repeating.

13 hours ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Barracuda's take Game two 4-2. Series tied 1-1.  Back to GR for 3 games. 

Seeing Mueller reminds me of that trade with SJ. We got Mantha and Bertuzzi for him essentially. 

Classic Ken trade down. I'll take Mantha + Bertuzzi over Mirco Mueller anyday.

Lorito on the PP! Beautiful goal. 2-2.

1 hour ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

Griffs down 2-1 after 1 at the Van in Game 3... Paestch the only goal

Coreau, once again Ugh!

Yeah, Coreau has not impressed at all...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Lorito on the PP! Beautiful goal. 2-2.

Yeah, Coreau has not impressed at all...

He impresses?

6'6 and 215lb. Shouldn't be able to get much by that...

Edited by chaps80

7 hours ago, chaps80 said:

He impresses?

6'6 and 215lb. Shouldn't be able to get much by that...

With such a large frame, not many pucks should get past him, but he hasn't looked good in these playoffs. He's made a few big saves, but has let in quite a few softies. I still think he can be a decent backup at the NHL level, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with him as our starter (if Mrazek or Howard went down) for any length of time (yet). He still needs some seasoning in GR in my opinion.

With such a large frame, not many pucks should get past him, but he hasn't looked good in these playoffs. He's made a few big saves, but has let in quite a few softies. I still think he can be a decent backup at the NHL level, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with him as our starter (if Mrazek or Howard went down) for any length of time (yet). He still needs some seasoning in GR in my opinion.

He needs to use that size to his advantage, and the best way to do that is to think simple. Don't try to be so "athletic". Relax, stand up, cut down your angles, hit the ice when needed. Keep as much of your body in front of the net as you can. From his play in Detroit, he wasn't doing that much. Face down on the ice was common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, NerveDamage said:

love the atmosphere in the Arena. I must go to at least 1 GRG game on my next trip to MI

I'm with you man. Been to Detroit half a dozen times over the past 10 years, but have never been to a Griffins game. Definitely making the trip next year when I go to the LCA.