• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Griffins Calder Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

love the atmosphere in the Arena. I must go to at least 1 GRG game on my next trip to MI

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm with you man. Been to Detroit half a dozen times over the past 10 years, but have never been to a Griffins game. Definitely making the trip next year when I go to the LCA.

Do iiiit. Haha you guys would love it. Their games are so hype and you can sit as close as third row for $20 regular season (Not sure about playoffs). Fridays have $2 beers and hotdogs too ;) 

I gotta say that McIlrath has been an absolute beast in these playoffs and I know some on here say he shouldn't make the Wings , but to have that presence as a 6/7 D he must be worth consideration for a roster spot next year. He is leading on the ice and also is a team leading plus 11 so far this postseason. I think he's a RFA but I'd offer him a deal as I feel he's done nothing but impress in his time at GR. Give him a few preseason games next year and then make a decision, he does bring that element that we lack and at the end of the day if we don't then the Vanek deal would be just that 3rd rounder. 

2 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I gotta say that McIlrath has been an absolute beast in these playoffs and I know some on here say he shouldn't make the Wings , but to have that presence as a 6/7 D he must be worth consideration for a roster spot next year. He is leading on the ice and also is a team leading plus 11 so far this postseason. I think he's a RFA but I'd offer him a deal as I feel he's done nothing but impress in his time at GR. Give him a few preseason games next year and then make a decision, he does bring that element that we lack and at the end of the day if we don't then the Vanek deal would be just that 3rd rounder. 

I was one of the people that said he won't ever make the Wings and we shouldn't offer him a contract after this season. I have to say though, I've been mildly impressed with his play in these playoffs. The thing that has surprised me the most is his skating. Not because it's great, but because it's not terrible. When I read his scouting report on eliteprospects, "A large and physical defenseman. Not a very good skater. Has a good shot from the blue line. Needs to improve his skating." I naturally thought he would be an awful skater. He's not noticeably slow out there, and he seems to position himself well. He is a wrecking ball, hits everything that moves, and won't back down from anyone. Although I'm not a huge fan of the big, slow defensemen, I think it's okay for every team to have one as a 6/7. So if we can somehow move Ericsson, I'd take McIlrath in a similar role at $1.5M over E at $4.25M. I still don't think he's deserving of a spot over a number of other guys out of the gate next season, but I'd offer him another two-way contract with him continuing to play big minutes in Grand Rapids. Worst case scenario, he's a solid warrior to help the kids in GR, and maybe he becomes another Lashoff type player. And Lash has been great down there.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

.. not a huge fan of the big, slow defensemen, I think it's okay for every team to have one as a 6/7. So if we can somehow move Errorson....

I agree that all contending teams need one defender that has the tools and the ability to make serious hits. Preferably two. Slows the other team down by default. Changes the play. Less risky two zone passes, heads are kept a little higher etc.

If that would be McIlrath I would leave unsaid, time will tell. It certainly isn't Kronwall and unless Ericsson plays all season like he did the first 15 games last season he's overpaid by about 3.5 million dollars.

11 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

I tried that and It's asking for my card info.  I also don't have the finals all access package as an option.  Maybe it's because I watched the 2013 finals for free.

You'd select Playoff All Access, then fill out Register or Sign In, then enter FINALS17 in the PROMO CODE box, then you should be able to submit a package without giving your card information.