• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Griffins Calder Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

Is there anyone at this point who doesn't believe Bertuzzi will, and should be, on our NHL roster in the fall? Honest question, and if you exist, what are you watching? He is exactly the type of player we need, and he's got the big game factor. Haven't bought a jersey in a while, thinking about it now...

It was a very slow game for the Griffs, but they found a way to stay close and finish it off in the 3rd, good game, given the adversity they displayed to not get discouraged and keep fighting back.  Congrats Griffins!

Now let the Wings have Svechnikov, Bertuzzi, Nosek, and possibly give McIlrath a shot.

What a great run by the Griffins, huge for a lot of guys and their futures. Bertuzzi and Nosek are for sures, but I'd like to see Kenny shy away from any free agent signings. Trade for a defenceman? I'm in. But f*** anything else, time to let the kids take over.

29 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

It was a very slow game for the Griffs, but they found a way to stay close and finish it off in the 3rd, good game, given the adversity they displayed to not get discouraged and keep fighting back.  Congrats Griffins!

Now let the Wings have Svechnikov, Bertuzzi, Nosek, and possibly give McIlrath a shot.

But what about poor Miller, Helm, Glendening, and Ericsson? Where would they all go? They're such great guys who bring so much energy and other invaluable intangibles that are worth copious amounts of $ and contract length! ;)

But seriously, congrats to the Griffins on a great run! Very nice bonus to win on home ice, too.

26 minutes ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

What a great run by the Griffins, huge for a lot of guys and their futures. Bertuzzi and Nosek are for sures, but I'd like to see Kenny shy away from any free agent signings. Trade for a defenceman? I'm in. But f*** anything else, time to let the kids take over.

I totally agree... we need to get some of these guys on the roster to cut costs and change the culture of the team.  It's too bad they are blocked by older, expensive versions of themselves.  Look at the contributions Pittsburgh got from a few fresh legs from their AHL team.

3 hours ago, mackel said:

I totally agree... we need to get some of these guys on the roster to cut costs and change the culture of the team.  It's too bad they are blocked by older, expensive versions of themselves.  Look at the contributions Pittsburgh got from a few fresh legs from their AHL team.

Just start watching hockey yesterday or something?

Mantha, Jensen, Ouellet, Larkin, Athanasiou, Marchenko, Pulkkinen, Sheahan, Dekeyser, Jurco, Glendening, Andersson, Smith, Tatar, Nyquist.... Literally every year we bring kids up from GR.

Lack of kids is not the reason for our decline. Nor is promoting every kid we have the solution. Nosek will almost certainly be on the team from camp (unless he's dealt, taken by Vegas, or passed up by other kids). We will likely have 2 or 3 other open spots at forward, and it's not particularly unlikely that one or more will go to another kid. Even if not, injuries happen every year, and someone will see a fair amount of games.