• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

2017/18 reclamation project

Rate this topic

So the Yak is up for grabs, will he bolt to the K or would he take a low deal to give it another shot? I'm in for a year deal at $1.5m and hope he see's the Wings as his salvation and performs to his potential level. If we got 35-45 points out of him it would be a steal, he could also turn into a star player that he should be already, i feel with Yakupov he just hasnt found the right fit, maybe the Wings could be that fit, I think we have nothing to lose on this at all.

32 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

So the Yak is up for grabs, will he bolt to the K or would he take a low deal to give it another shot? I'm in for a year deal at $1.5m and hope he see's the Wings as his salvation and performs to his potential level. If we got 35-45 points out of him it would be a steal, he could also turn into a star player that he should be already, i feel with Yakupov he just hasnt found the right fit, maybe the Wings could be that fit, I think we have nothing to lose on this at all.

Yakupov said "I would love to play for Vancouver"

1 hour ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Yeah, I'd take him on a short term, low cap hit, show me deal for sure. I still think he has the potential to be a good middle 6 winger.

2 minutes ago, nowhere2005 said:

FWIW, Grigorenko not being qualified by the Avs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For such a bad team his stats weren't bad. His assist total went down but his goals and shooting percentage went up. His faceoff percentage went up considerably too. 

I'd rather we go after some of these reclamation projects, such as Grigorenko than any of the older UFA's. Low risk, high reward should be the approach. Only sign older players on one year deals, with the intent of shipping them out at the trade deadline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I'm curious to see how he'd do on the Wings.  He's low risk, high reward and I've wanted him ever since the first trade rumors about him came out.  I don't know if Detroit, or more accurately, Blashill, is the right place for him.  Seeing our younger players regress this past year under him, my confidence in Blash to turn someone like Yakupov around is pretty low.  Yakupov could turn things around, but I feel like he'd need to be on a team that's like the perfect fit for him. 

Could Kenny look at getting Grigs and Yak on a combined $3-4m cap hit for a year, then offload 2/3 of the higher profile players in the trade off for that top D or does Kenny look at getting some help on the D from the FA pool on short deals. With all these unqualified RFAs suddenly on the market its made for an interesting and somewhat deeper pool to pick from.

14 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Could Kenny look at getting Grigs and Yak on a combined $3-4m cap hit for a year, then offload 2/3 of the higher profile players in the trade off for that top D or does Kenny look at getting some help on the D from the FA pool on short deals. With all these unqualified RFAs suddenly on the market its made for an interesting and somewhat deeper pool to pick from.

The unqualified RFAs are a bit interesting but a lot of them will likely still sign before hitting free agency. And some of the ones that do become UFA on July 1st might just be using it to gauge their market value. I don't know anything for sure but those seem like likely outcomes for a lot of the unqualified guys. 

1 hour ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Could Kenny look at getting Grigs and Yak on a combined $3-4m cap hit for a year, then offload 2/3 of the higher profile players in the trade off for that top D

This is out of Kenneth's element. Too much wheeling and dealing in this scenario, not enough tire kicking and liking of the current team.

3 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

This is out of Kenneth's element. Too much wheeling and dealing in this scenario, not enough tire kicking and liking of the current team.

yep, my bad Bob. I was getting carried away with the potential of obtaining 2 young former first round picks for peanuts and easing our cap situation. 

13 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Wouldn't be against it because if it doesn't work out you only lose a bit of money and if it works out you can flip him for picks.

If it works out, why would you flip him for picks? If a 23 year old, former 1st overall pick works out here, I'd want to keep him as part of the future. I wouldn't trade him for a pick(s) in hopes that we can draft a 17 year old kid that may or may not become an NHL player.