• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

2017/18 reclamation project

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If it works out, why would you flip him for picks? If a 23 year old, former 1st overall pick works out here, I'd want to keep him as part of the future. I wouldn't trade him for a pick(s) in hopes that we can draft a 17 year old kid that may or may not become an NHL player.

My bad in terms of working out I mean a decent season for a third line player, nothing crazy but not too shabby either (kinda Vanek like).

3 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

My bad in terms of working out I mean a decent season for a third line player, nothing crazy but not too shabby either (kinda Vanek like).

"Kinda like Vanek" would be 40-50 points, and if Yakupov put up those kinda numbers, I'd like to keep him for sure. 

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Nail Yakupov + Jeff Blashill = disaster

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Pretty much. With the major stink about Mrazek's attitude and work ethic already, Yak's attitude and work ethic would Only make things worse. He's always been one dimensional anyways, and he has problem scoring goals at the NHL level. Blues can keep him.

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Pretty much. With the major stink about Mrazek's attitude and work ethic already, Yak's attitude and work ethic would Only make things worse. He's always been one dimensional anyways, and he has problem scoring goals at the NHL level. Blues can keep him.

And were coming full circle on Mrazek. I love the fresh air. 

Great comparison. Don't need Mraz and his bulls*** here. :lol:

Yes, they do. Injury riddled "starter" and unproven AHLers is reason enough. But anyways, he's already in Detroit and signed for another season. Focus on getting him straightened out before you go and bring a busted former No. 1 pick aboard who hasn't done a thing since he was drafted with all the hype about his scoring prowess, except complain and be lazy. He can score goals, but not many at this level. Won't put the time in. Traded to STL for nothing, couldn't do anything there, now they don't want him either. Tells ya something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am honestly not against taking a chance on Yakupov. He got next to no chance in STL honestly to do anything. The guy only 23, maybe he can turn his career around. He could just need the right support, god knows he didn't get it in EMD.

Edited by xault

I am honestly not against taking a chance on Yakupov. He got next to no chance in STL honestly to do anything. The guy only 23, maybe he can turn his career around. He could just need the right support, god knows he didn't get it in EMD.

Pretty sure he was tried on all kinds of different lines in Edmonton with guys like McDavid and RNH, helped a bit, but not enough. He lit up the OHL, then went straight to the NHL because the Oil desperately needed scoring. Looking back, he probably should have spent a couple years in the AHL before that, but most first overalls usually transition to the NHL pretty easily.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Yes, they do. Injury riddled "starter" and unproven AHLers is reason enough. But anyways, he's already in Detroit and signed for another season. Focus on getting him straightened out before you go and bring a busted former No. 1 pick aboard who hasn't done a thing since he was drafted with all the hype about his scoring prowess, except complain and be lazy. He can score goals, but not many at this level. Won't put the time in. Traded to STL for nothing, couldn't do anything there, now they don't want him either. Tells ya something.

So the solution is a a guy who allows 3 goals a game and only saves 90% of shots?? hmmmm

So the solution is a a guy who allows 3 goals a game and only saves 90% of shots?? hmmmm

None of us know how he will do this season yet.

Howard/Coreau would be borderline insanity to roll with at this point.

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

None of us know how he will do this season yet.

Howard/Coreau would be borderline insanity to roll with at this point.

None of know how Howard/Coreau will do this season yet.

Mrazek would be borderline insanity to roll with at this point.

None of know how Howard/Coreau will do this season yet.
Mrazek would be borderline insanity to roll with at this point.

Some give up so quickly...

2.26 Career regular season GAA before last season. 1.88 playoff GAA, 3 shutouts in 10 games against a great Tampa team.

Yeah, let him go without seeing if last season was a one off or not. Makes sense.

7 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

2.26 Career regular season GAA before last season. 1.88 playoff GAA, 3 shutouts in 10 games against a great Tampa team.

Yeah, let him go without seeing if last season was a one off or not. Makes sense.

2.10 Career regular season GAA last season. And .927 save percentage for Howard. Coreau bounced back to win the Calder cup.

Yeah, let them go without seeing if last season was a one off or not. Makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Carey Price once had a season with a 2.90 GAA and .905 sv% in 52 games. Not much better than Mrazek fared in 50 last season. They shoulda canned his ass.

2.83 GAA but yes it is confirmed... Mrazek is the new Price :lol:

2.10 Career regular season GAA last season. And .927 save percentage for Howard. Coreau bounced back to win the Calder cup.
Yeah, let them go without seeing if last season was a one off or not. Makes sense. 

Howard saw very limited action, but did well. Didn't say he sucked in those games. My thing with him is reliability at this point. Getting up there in age, and has a lot of past injuries. That's a huge reason why Holland couldn't trade him. Mrazek might not even have gotten a call up for another year had they not had two glass groin goalies on the bench in him and Gus. Coreau had a 3.48 GAA with the Wings. And he had some horror show games during that run to the Calder Cup. He's not NHL ready.

Starting the season with those two as your tandem. I think many would question that.

But I'm done with this s*** where you turn around everything I say. Have a good one...

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Howard saw very limited action, but did well. Didn't say he sucked in those games. My thing with him is reliability at this point. Getting up there in age, and has a lot of past injuries. That's a huge reason why Holland couldn't trade him. Mrazek might not even have gotten a call up for another year had they not had two glass groin goalies on the bench in him and Gus. Coreau had a 3.48 GAA with the Wings. And he had some horror show games during that run to the Calder Cup. He's not NHL ready.

Starting the season with those two as your tandem. I think many would question that.

But I'm done with this s*** where you turn around everything I say. Have a good one...

You make it too easy! :lol:

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

It's too early to give up on Mrazek, but counting on a bounce back because "Carey Price!!!!!!!!!" Is kind of silly. It's not better than a coin flip

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Just used Price as an example of a promising talented goalie that had one down season and bounced back. Too early to give up, exactly! What if the Blues had Price now like Habs fans wanted at the time, instead of getting Halak and him being gone years ago? Probably have a couple Cups. Too quick to make a permanent choice on a young goalie with question marks, especially with one season left. Do it after that.

2.83 GAA but yes it is confirmed... Mrazek is the new Price :lol:

Didn't say that at all. Examples man, examples.

This team sucks anyways, not like there isn't time for this stuff right now. Lol

42 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Didn't say that at all. Examples man, examples.

This team sucks anyways, not like there isn't time for this stuff right now. Lol

I thought you were "done with this s***"?

Price was plagued with injuries last season just like Howard was this season, but hey he bounced back! Examples man, examples.