• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Eichel won't re-up if Bylsma remains coach

Rate this topic

47 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No, I just knew you would appreciate a cute video of arctic sneks being silly lol

Great, now everyone knows we trade pics/vids of cute animals on the DL

giphy.gif

I thought those were water doggos.

Edited by NerveDamage

1 minute ago, NerveDamage said:

I thought those were water doggos.

I usually just call them by their traditional Latin name: Thic boys

CM.0022-27_P.JPG

To stay on topic,

Eichel skates weird and I don't like that, and therefore I don't like him. And that's all I have to say about that.

Also: this is TSN, where everything boils down to Maple Leafs rosterbation.

"Eichel wants out? I'd have to think the Leafs would be at the top of his list. You look at what Babcock's doing and the season Matthews is having as a 9-year-old. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that? In other news: inside sources say the Leafs are 'very interested' in acquiring Auston Matthews, even though he already plays for them. This would be a huge addition."

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Miller gets 5 years of guaranteed ice time without being able to generate any offense and being a huge defensive liability.  Manrha and Athanasiou score goals and points consistently and get benched.

It's cuz they "need to learn". Blash is an idiot. I know either aren't on the same level as other organizations young stars, but they're the best the Wings have right now. Not the same as say, sitting McDavid for mistakes, but it is at the same time. Mantha and AA should be getting nothing but respect and lots of ice time from Blash. Mantha has already been held back too long in GR when he could have taken a number of guys spots in Detroit. It's not the early 2000's anymore where they could wait a few seasons to bring in players who had clearly outgrown the AHL because the team was loaded with 9 or 10 future HOFers. Right now there's Z, and MAYBE Kronwall on the roster that are at that level.

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Don't back me into a corner like this! :lol:

But, yes, I'd have to concede AA if it meant getting Eichel....ouch, that hurt.

geez, I thought I was talking to the "Critically Acclaimed Roster Managment Guru Extrodinaire"

...or Yogi of Hockey

and what would you give for him, AA alone doesn't get it. Eichel is a 57 point scorer in 61 games

Aaaand has chemistry with Larkin

2 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I'd trade two of Larkin AA or Mantha and their 1sts this year and next for Eichel and would do it with a smile

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

with all of that, I hope they at least take Ericsson as well.

9 hours ago, chaps80 said:

It's cuz they "need to learn". Blash is an idiot. I know either aren't on the same level as other organizations young stars, but they're the best the Wings have right now. Not the same as say, sitting McDavid for mistakes, but it is at the same time. Mantha and AA should be getting nothing but respect and lots of ice time from Blash. Mantha has already been held back too long in GR when he could have taken a number of guys spots in Detroit. It's not the early 2000's anymore where they could wait a few seasons to bring in players who had clearly outgrown the AHL because the team was loaded with 9 or 10 future HOFers. Right now there's Z, and MAYBE Kronwall on the roster that are at that level.

All I saw here was Kronwall MAYBE being HHOF material...I can't even deal with that. 

50 minutes ago, Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot) said:

All I saw here was Kronwall MAYBE being HHOF material...I can't even deal with that. 

Meh, you never know. He's not a shoe in like Z. Osgood isnt in there yet, and he's got 401 wins and 3 Cups, 2 as starter. 14-4 and 1.55 gaa in the '08 playoffs after bailing out HOFer Hasek, and 16-6 and 2.12 gaa in the '98 playoffs. I think he'll eventually get in, and Kronwall may too, but he's not a first ballot player.

7 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I'd trade two of Larkin AA or Mantha and their 1sts this year and next for Eichel and would do it with a smile

Lol, You probably would have thrown Yzerman in on that Federko trade too, plus our 3rd and 4th rounders that year.

8 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Meh, you never know. He's not a shoe in like Z. Osgood isnt in there yet, and he's got 401 wins and 3 Cups, 2 as starter. 14-4 and 1.55 gaa in the '08 playoffs after bailing out HOFer Hasek, and 16-6 and 2.12 gaa in the '98 playoffs. I think he'll eventually get in, and Kronwall may too, but he's not a first ballot player.

Imo, kronwall never makes it. If that is the case, then Holmstrom and Draper are shoe ins. 

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I said halfway through the season that Byslma would probably be axed in April. He was a dead coach walking, even without this Eichel thing. Which, again, probably isn't even a thing.

He put Marcus Foligno on jackies line for a lot of the season. Which would be like if Blashill put Sheahan on Larkins line for a lot of the season.... wait

I'm pretty sure this report is bogus.... Eichel has come out and said that he didn't handle the end of season press very well (because of how the season ended), but that he is very pissed about how people make stuff up and try to double down by trying to justify it when it just isn't true.  I think we can put this one to bed.