• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Eichel won't re-up if Bylsma remains coach

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I'm pretty sure this report is bogus.... Eichel has come out and said that he didn't handle the end of season press very well (because of how the season ended), but that he is very pissed about how people make stuff up and try to double down by trying to justify it when it just isn't true.  I think we can put this one to bed.

So what you're saying is this is Evander Kane's fault. Right?

Can I quote you as an inside source in my hit piece?

Edited by Dabura

Not a year goes by without some primadonna professional athlete doing or saying something dickish, someone lets the cat out of the bag, and then said player (and their agent) lie and lie and lie about it.  It literally happen CONSTANTLY in pro sports.  I don't see why anyone would deny the veracity of this.

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not a year goes by without some primadonna professional athlete doing or saying something dickish, someone lets the cat out of the bag, and then said player (and their agent) lie and lie and lie about it.  It literally happen CONSTANTLY in pro sports.  I don't see why anyone would deny the veracity of this.

I've outlined in this thread why you should question the story. It's a guy saying an inside source told him something. He provides no evidence that Eichel delivered a "Bylsma goes or I go" ultimatum, and in terms of established credibility, he's no Elliotte Friedman or Bob McKenzie. Not a day goes by without some dude spreading clickbaity rumors about a professional athlete.

I mean, it could be true. But I'm not going to treat it is as fact just because "pro athletes can be dicks."

In other news, Andreas Athanasiou is a locker room cancer. This is why Blashill is so hard on him. "AA" thinks he's hot s*** and everyone on the team hates him.

23 hours ago, chaps80 said:

It's cuz they "need to learn". Blash is an idiot. I know either aren't on the same level as other organizations young stars, but they're the best the Wings have right now. Not the same as say, sitting McDavid for mistakes, but it is at the same time. Mantha and AA should be getting nothing but respect and lots of ice time from Blash. Mantha has already been held back too long in GR when he could have taken a number of guys spots in Detroit. It's not the early 2000's anymore where they could wait a few seasons to bring in players who had clearly outgrown the AHL because the team was loaded with 9 or 10 future HOFers. Right now there's Z, and MAYBE Kronwall on the roster that are at that level.

Did you just say Kronwall is maybe HOF material?  Is there a single argument for this at all?

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

So what you're saying is this is Evander Kane's fault. Right?

Can I quote as an inside source in my hit piece?

Why not, it's about as legit as anything Eklund posts.

3 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Did you just say Kronwall is maybe HOF material?  Is there a single argument for this at all?

Haha notice the capitalized MAYBE? Pretty much means no. I added him to the list as a huge maybe just to show how many HOF calibre guys are left on this team. I know I was being generous by saying anyone other than Z.

1 hour ago, xault said:

I may of skipped over it, but I didn't see any where Eichel said "won't re-up if Bylsma remains coach". Or anything close to that... Click bait?

There isn't anything like it it's just clickbait and the usual suspects are falling for it. HFboards like McKenzie (thankfully) mentioned has become a collection of ass clowns and of course they are all falling for it.

Facts are facts Bylsma hasn't gotten it done and he just doesn't know how to coach defense add the fact that one of the best GMs in the game is available in Lombardi and one of the best coaches in Hitchcock firing the duo made too much sense. Maybe Murray didn't want to fire Bylsma so Pegula fired both of them.

If I'm Eichel I would sue the journalist who reported this crap without any evidence.

Edited by frankgrimes

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Please please please take the job! Anything to get that ****** off my TV!

48 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

There isn't anything like it it's just clickbait and the usual suspects are falling for it. HFboards like McKenzie (thankfully) mentioned has become a collection of ass clowns and of course they are all falling for it.

Facts are facts Bylsma hasn't gotten it done and he just doesn't know how to coach defense add the fact that one of the best GMs in the game is available in Lombardi and one of the best coaches in Hitchcock firing the duo made too much sense. Maybe Murray didn't want to fire Bylsma so Pegula fired both of them.

If I'm Eichel I would sue the journalist who reported this crap without any evidence.

Is this a shot at me for starting the thread?

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'm probably in the minority of those who like Pierre McGuire...To me he seems genuine, loves hockey, and is an all around good guy.

I can't stand him, for me he is the most annoying TV sports personality of all time. 

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

more than Doc Emrick or George Stupidoulopoulos?

See being in Canada I rarely watch the US feeds for hockey so my exposure to Emrick is very minimal, if I listened to him all the time though I could see his voice annoying me. I don't hate George like a lot of others do, but that is because I grew up watching him as a VJ on MM lol.

Pierre, is someone who has been showing up on TSN, the score, and sportsnet for me in what seem like 20 years now.

For me, he just comes across like a guy who is trying so hard to be "one of the boys". From the way he talks to the players, the way he announces etc. 

Edited by kliq

5 minutes ago, kliq said:

See you have to remember, being in Canada I rarely watch the US feeds for hockey so my exposure to Emrick is very minimal. I don't hate George either, but that is because I grew up watching him as a VJ on MM lol.

Pierre, is someone who has been showing up on TSN, the score, and sportsnet for me in what seem like 20 years now.

I know, you have HNIC, you lucky, lucky, lucky...

I've never been able to stand GS...poulos. hate the way he talks superfast, and then slows down, ugh. just hate his style. Don't know whom I dislike more, him or Peter Mansbridge

Edited by NerveDamage

19 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Not it was mentioning that fact in general

Ok fair enough, I had a feeling which is why I wanted to ask before I responded. 

Who knows if it is true, I started the thread because truth or BS, it is news and this is a hockey discussion board. My gut tells me where there is smoke there is fire, especially with Bylsma being fired 1 day later. With hat being said, I don't put it past the media to write an article based on rumors or speculation. 

Edited by kliq

3 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

I was mainly just wondering if I missed something. A friend of mind has even said Eichel has said it before. I ask when, but didn't get much of an answer.