• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Eichel won't re-up if Bylsma remains coach

Rate this topic

Just now, NerveDamage said:

then fire Blash

If ownership has to choose between Bylsma and Eichel, I'm sure they'll choose Eichel, but he still sounds like a whiny ***** with this story.  Not like Bylsma is to blame for Buffalo stinking it up for the last 10 years.   

Oh and they finished with a better record than the Wings did.  Their season looks successful to me when you're at the bottom of the totem pole.        

"I think guys want to win but there is a difference between saying you want to win and actually wanting to win," Eichel said. "Putting the work in, dedicating your life to it. When you do that and it doesn’t work it is pretty frustrating.”

Skill combined with that attitude? I'd love to have him here. 

3 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Oh and they finished with a better record than the Wings did.          

then why are they below the wings in the standings?

13 minutes ago, amato said:

Skill combined with that attitude? I'd love to have him here. 

then why are they below the wings in the standings?

You want to have a guy that hangs his coach out to dry and basically holds the organization hostage?  

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

Did they?  That must have happened during that weekend finale then.  

Had they gotten a single point out of their final game, they would've finished above us in the standings. Instead, they blew a tie with, like, 30 seconds left in regulation, got no points from that game, and finished below us in the standings. A true jerk move.

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

You want to have a guy that hangs his coach out to dry and basically holds the organization hostage?  

He just needs veteran guidance. Maybe a change of scenery and guidance from say a bearded Swede on how to properly handle the situation with your coach will straighten him out. 

6 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Did they?  That must have happened during that weekend finale then.  

Probably. They only finished a point ahead.. just messing with you, mostly. 

6 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I was more referring to the putting in the work quote that I quoted. 

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Odd to hear actually. I'm sure it's not because of the season, there has to be a personal issue.

Anyhow, sure glad Mantha or AA don't take this stance. They both have legit playing reasons to be mad at coach.

AA must be feeling like Gomer Pyle in Full Metal Jacket right about now.  

I just read the article. Seems like your standard clickbaity rumor-mongering. The ultimatum might be an actual thing, but unless we hear it from, like, Elliotte Friedman, we should probably take this with a grain of salt.

That's what I was thinking. Plus, he got drafted 2nd overall, did he think it'd be an overnight rebuild?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

That's what I was thinking. Plus, he got drafted 2nd overall, did he think it'd be an overnight rebuild?

I'm not sure he's even really complaining. Not in those two quotes, at least.

“It’s been a mediocre two years,” Eichel told the Buffalo News in early April. “More than anything, it’s a bit disappointing, a bit embarrassing for us as players that we can’t be better for them. You want to please the fans because of all they’ve been through and all they continue to put up with. You just want to be better.”

This is what players who play for really bad basement teams say in late-season interviews. Same with this:

"I think guys want to win but there is a difference between saying you want to win and actually wanting to win," Eichel said. "Putting the work in, dedicating your life to it. When you do that and it doesn’t work it is pretty frustrating.”

In terms of actual evidence that this Paul Hamilton guy is actually putting out there for all to actually see (as opposed to "Trust me. Because f*** you"), the best I could come up with was this bit from this piece:

Eichel would say many times during the season, “I’m not the coach.”

How credible is Paul Hamilton? I'm not familiar with him, but I'll point out that in that same piece I just linked to, he says:

I think you know Eichel would not be shy during that meeting because he knows he can say anything he wants since this rebuild was all about getting him and the second overall pick the year before.

I...sincerely doubt that's how it is. This is like high school gossip.