• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Less is not more exciting for the Buffalo Sabres - Bylslma, Murray fired

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/19200616/buffalo-sabres-fire-gm-tim-murray-coach-dan-bylsma

The Sabres are now added to the list of teams (LA, VAN, DAL) who have made coaching and personnel changes after sub-par years.

Red Wings be like nah, less is more exciting. 

Looks like that tank job didn't work too good

tumblr_of27x5FpdR1u7t71ro1_400.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Looks like that tank job didn't work too good

tumblr_of27x5FpdR1u7t71ro1_400.gif

I watched that gif like 5 times in a row. 

Edited by Krayzie_Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there's two former Cup winning coaches without jobs now. Holland should at least think about signing one. But he won't.

People are saying the firings likely have something to do with Eichel, but Eichel is saying his year end meetings with both went fine, and the media is twisting things around and he never asked for either to move on.

brett likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

So there's two former Cup winning coaches without jobs now. Holland should at least think about signing one. But he won't.

People are saying the firings likely have something to do with Eichel, but Eichel is saying his year end meetings with both went fine, and the media is twisting things around and he never asked for either to move on.

The story could easily be BS, but what Eichel says to the media does not indicate one thing or another. 

Dabura and chaps80 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kliq said:

The story could easily be BS, but what Eichel says to the media does not indicate one thing or another. 

Yeah, who knows. He seemed pretty down and pissed off in that one interview where he called out his teammates for not caring enough about winning or working hard enough to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/19200616/buffalo-sabres-fire-gm-tim-murray-coach-dan-bylsma

The Sabres are now added to the list of teams (LA, VAN, DAL) who have made coaching and personnel changes after sub-par years.

Red Wings be like nah, less is more exciting. 

 

Well 1 team wants to win the cup instead of hoping to make the playoffs and maybe have some players turn out better than expected...I would be shocked if Lombardi isn't the GM soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why ownership in Buffalo is surprised. They decided to have their GM tank, now that hey are feeling the ramifications of that they are deciding to blame the GM/coach. This is what tanking does, it puts you all the way to the bottom forcing you to claw your way out which on paper may seem easy, but in reality is very hard. Just look at Edmonton a decade later, if it wasnt for landing McDavid they would likely still be out of the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The speculation I'm hearing is that Eichel (and the team) wanted Bylsma gone. Pegula sided with his team (understandably as Byslma sucks anyway and had a sucky season) and told Murray to fire Disco Dan. Murray fell on his sword, and refused to fire his bro-pal Bylsma. So they both got canned.

Also they fired their director of pro scouting and amateur scouting.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now