• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Is the right hockey move to trade Jonathan Toews?

Rate this topic

Is the right hockey move to trade Jonathan Toews?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Curious if people would re-think this now almost a year later. I truly think the right move last off season would have been for the Hawks to trade Toews. He's not worth 10.5 mil/year and the Hawks are now stuck with him for 5 more seasons at that cap hit. 

I don't see a team that would be willing to take his salary. Maybe to ARI to help them sell more seats and keep them at the cap floor. Maybe.. Seattle if he continues to fall. I don't doubt he has a NTC.

41 minutes ago, xault said:

I don't see a team that would be willing to take his salary. Maybe to ARI to help them sell more seats and keep them at the cap floor. Maybe.. Seattle if he continues to fall. I don't doubt he has a NTC.

He does.......I have to say I love seeing the fall of the Hawks. I hope they suck for a very long time.

On 14/02/2018 at 10:22 AM, e_prime said:

Chicago winning the draft lottery would just be a dagger in my already cold cold heart.

I hope they win. The league isn't as fun when the Hawks are bad. 

On 16/02/2018 at 3:38 PM, kliq said:

He does.......I have to say I love seeing the fall of the Hawks. I hope they suck for a very long time.

They're nowhere near the suckage of the Red Wings for years to come. Hawks are a 2 year re-tool away from being back in the mix. Red Wings, about 5 years after Holland leaves. 

Edited by shocky2002

39 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

They're nowhere near the suckage of the Red Wings for years to come. Hawks are a 2 year re-tool away from being back in the mix. Red Wings, about 5 years after Holland leaves. 

No, the Hawks are going to fall. Seabrook bad contract, Keith is done, Toews and Kane both have bad contracts, Crawford sucks, Saad sucks, they traded away Panarin lol. They won't be relevant for awhile, they don't scare teams anymore.

6 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

no

8 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

2000-2010 was pretty fun.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Absolutely, '94-2000 was fun if you were a Wings fan. I remember the Hawks being pretty good for most of the nineties tho. I was just saying that it WAS fun even when they were bottom feeders.

No.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Absolutely, '94-2000 was fun if you were a Wings fan. I remember the Hawks being pretty good for most of the nineties tho. I was just saying that it WAS fun even when they were bottom feeders.

Well less CAN be more exciting....

On 23/02/2018 at 5:57 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

2000-2010 was pretty fun.

It wasby far the most boring stretch of hockey if you weren't a Wings fan. 4 years of dead puck, a lockout, the dreadful Eastern conference, etc.

The Hawks 2009-15 run was the most entertaining period of hockey in the modern era

Edited by shocky2002

2 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

Btw, Toews has actually had a good year. He was overrated last year and in 2016. But not anymore. Hawks have really solid possession metrics with him on the ice vs off. 

Yet they still suck, interesting. 

8 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

It wasby far the most boring stretch of hockey if you weren't a Wings fan. 4 years of dead puck, a lockout, the dreadful Eastern conference, etc.

The Hawks 2009-15 run was the most entertaining period of hockey in the modern era

I was, so it was.

5 hours ago, kliq said:

Yet they still suck, interesting. 

As much as people hate Abby's, Nielsen's, and Helm's contracts, I would rather be stuck with any one of  those than be stuck with a 10 mil+ per year Toews contract with a NMC.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie