• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Is the right hockey move to trade Jonathan Toews?

Rate this topic

Is the right hockey move to trade Jonathan Toews?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, shocky2002 said:

Has a lot to do with their D-core, no goaltending. Not Toews. 

That was not point, my point was that they still suck despite having good possession metrics, that being funny given your obsession with Corsi.

With that being said, I do think that Towes is a factor. Guy is just not good enough to carry a team that is not stacked.

33 minutes ago, kliq said:

That was not point, my point was that they still suck despite having good possession metrics, that being funny given your obsession with Corsi.

With that being said, I do think that Towes is a factor. Guy is just not good enough to carry a team that is not stacked.

But he's the best captain in hockey, am I right?

1 hour ago, kliq said:

You must not understand the point of puck possession then. It only matters so much if you have decent goaltending and you can limit opposing team's scoring chances, both in which the Blackhawks are terrible at. They don't have any issues controlling the puck otherwise.

As far as your hatred of analytics goes, They won 3 titles in 6 years leading the league in Corsi. The Penguins repeated as the leader in Corsi. The worst corsi team of the past 5 years has been Arizona and Buffalo. Interesting.

Edited by shocky2002

1 hour ago, shocky2002 said:

You must not understand the point of puck possession then. It only matters so much if you have decent goaltending and you can limit opposing team's scoring chances, both in which the Blackhawks are terrible at. They don't have any issues controlling the puck otherwise.

As far as your hatred of analytics goes, They won 3 titles in 6 years leading the league in Corsi. The Penguins repeated as the leader in Corsi. The worst corsi team of the past 5 years has been Arizona and Buffalo. Interesting.

Second Bold: lol ok. I am a strong believer in analytics, you however take it to an extreme. There is no doubt the Blackhawks used to be very good, not disputing that.

First Bold: You actually hit the nail on the head. Possession is just one piece to the puzzle, the way you talk its the be all end all which is ridiculous.

It goes both ways though. A team can be great at possession, but still not be good (ie. Blackhawks) BUT at the same time, a team can be ok at possession and still be good if they are strong in other area's. Sure if you suck at possession, you are likely not going to be good (ie. Arizona/Buffalo) but there is more to hockey then just possession, hence its one piece of the puzzle.

47 minutes ago, kliq said:

Ill give credit where credit is due, he's playing well this year. Not close to 10.5mil caphit, but he's finally producing like an average first liner. 

Still the most overrated player of modern hockey. And honestly, the guy knows it himself too. 

Edited by kickazz

A few years back, Toews was put in the list of the league's top 100 players all time.  Do you think he still belongs?  Im not so sure.  Not trying to say he didnt have a good stretch of hockey, but it definitely feels like his career didnt last long enough to call him an all time great.

53 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

A few years back, Toews was put in the list of the league's top 100 players all time.  Do you think he still belongs?  Im not so sure.  Not trying to say he didnt have a good stretch of hockey, but it definitely feels like his career didnt last long enough to call him an all time great.

lmao

Edited by bIueadams