• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Less is not more exciting for the Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Oh look, yet another team making changes after the season ended badly. Meanwhile, "less can be more exciting" for the Red Wings. 

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/04/22/an-angry-stan-bowman-says-changes-coming-to-blackhawks-after-unacceptable-playoff-exit/

“I am completely, completely disappointed, it is unacceptable to be where we are today,” said a visibly angry Bowman.

Damn, even the Hawks are making changes and their GM is pissed. I wish Holland got that riled up about the past few seasons and dug in and fired staff and made trades, but he just sits back, as per usual, and stays with the status quo. Even if he made one move and fired Blash it would be a step in the right direction, but nothing AT ALL! I dunno if he's just naturally very passive, or if he's  simply very lazy. And the fact that Chris Illitch doesn't seem to want to get involved with the goings on and is leaving it up to Holland is a really bad sign. Hopefully his Mom talks to him about how his Dad was when he set about reviving the franchise and bringing a Cup back to Detroit and how he needs to smarten up and help get the franchise back into contention.

Lol. Yeah, Bowman is so angry he's not going to fire himself or his coach, but rabble, rabble, rabble, unacceptable!, rabble, changes!, rabble, rabble!

Because it's not like changes happen every year to every team, and the nature whatever changes they make this year will almost certainly be indistinguishable from changes made in previous years, or changes made by any other team, including Detroit. But he'll get more credit, because angry words.

Kind of hope I'm wrong though. If they do make any major changes it will almost certainly make them a worse team, people will shut up about them, and maybe Q would become available after next year.

5 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Lol. Yeah, Bowman is so angry he's not going to fire himself or his coach, but rabble, rabble, rabble, unacceptable!, rabble, changes!, rabble, rabble!

Because it's not like changes happen every year to every team, and the nature whatever changes they make this year will almost certainly be indistinguishable from changes made in previous years, or changes made by any other team, including Detroit. But he'll get more credit, because angry words.

Kind of hope I'm wrong though. If they do make any major changes it will almost certainly make them a worse team, people will shut up about them, and maybe Q would become available after next year.

Yeah makes sense to compare the current Hawks to the Wings of course...

Should be obvious that the Hawks want to win and the Wings fans should be happy with the just make the playoffs attitude.

16 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Yeah makes sense to compare the current Hawks to the Wings of course...

Should be obvious that the Hawks want to win and the Wings fans should be happy with the just make the playoffs attitude.

This thread exists solely as a means of comparing the Hawks to the Wings. 

But if you want to say they shouldn't be compared, then I agree. The teams are at different points in the cycle of contention. The Hawks are two years removed from a Cup win, and had the 3rd best record in the league. Anger is an appropriate response to be swept in the first round. The Wings are in the early stages of rebuilding after a prolonged period of success. We should have a different standard right now.

I'm reading the Hall of Fame boards Blackhawks page, and fans really seem to be turning on Seabrook and Bowman. Seabrook seems to be their version of E (at least in their minds).

It just goes to show you, it doesn't matter what a GM does, some fans will just never be happy.

Just a few quotes:

"The changes that need to come to organization wont truly come
1) Trash like Kruger and Seabrook must go
2) Underwhelming and costly players such as Anisimov should go (Schmaltz is better option now and going forward at C) 
3) Toews should no longer wear the C"

"Seabrook is a different scenario, because he was NOT coming off a good season. Since his peak in 2012, he had a great playoffs in 2015 and 2013, and was pretty much mediocre-to-awful for the rest of that time. Everybody could see the decline in full swing, whether by the eye-test or by looking at the numbers. That was a bad contract the moment it was signed, and a number/term NOBODY was going to outbid."

"Did Bowman take any blame? Sorry, but we are strapped in cap hell because of his moves. Several of them I understood at the time, we will never know if Toews or Kane could have been retained for less. The one I put squarely on his bald shiny head is Seabrook's ridiculous deal. You seen him declining, you know he is only going to decline more and more, yet you sign him to that long of a contract with a full NMC? It might be the dumbest contract ever given to anyone"

Edited by kliq

22 minutes ago, kliq said:

I'm reading the Hall of Fame boards Blackhawks page, and fans really seem to be turning on Seabrook and Bowman. Seabrook seems to be their version of E (at least in their minds).

It just goes to show you, it doesn't matter what a GM does, some fans will just never be happy.

Just a few quotes:

"The changes that need to come to organization wont truly come
1) Trash like Kruger and Seabrook must go
2) Underwhelming and costly players such as Anisimov should go (Schmaltz is better option now and going forward at C) 
3) Toews should no longer wear the C"

"Seabrook is a different scenario, because he was NOT coming off a good season. Since his peak in 2012, he had a great playoffs in 2015 and 2013, and was pretty much mediocre-to-awful for the rest of that time. Everybody could see the decline in full swing, whether by the eye-test or by looking at the numbers. That was a bad contract the moment it was signed, and a number/term NOBODY was going to outbid."

"Did Bowman take any blame? Sorry, but we are strapped in cap hell because of his moves. Several of them I understood at the time, we will never know if Toews or Kane could have been retained for less. The one I put squarely on his bald shiny head is Seabrook's ridiculous deal. You seen him declining, you know he is only going to decline more and more, yet you sign him to that long of a contract with a full NMC? It might be the dumbest contract ever given to anyone"

Hahahaha I love reading these posts from Hawks fans having a meltdown.

Everyone keep em coming!!

Bowman took over a team that was on the edge of breaking out. Tallon built that core and virtually the entire team that won their first Cup. It's like Bowman gets extra credit because of who his dad is.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Bowman took over a team that was on the edge of breaking out. Tallon built that core and virtually the entire team that won their first Cup. It's like Bowman gets extra credit because of who his dad is.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Do you prefer Ken to Stan?