• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2017 ECSF Washington Caps vs. Pittsburgh Pens

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

These goalies are trash.  Holtby is garbage in the playoffs.  Varlamov wasn't much better.  No brainer why they can't get past the 2nd round.  

They need to get tougher, get rid of a few Ruskies and get a goalie who doesn't play like Roman Cechmanek's twin brother in the postseason.  

Hahaha Cechmanek. Another failed Flyers goalie. The list is long.

what does Ovies contract look like?

when does ovie say enough is enough and go to another team to get the cup? cause clearly the caps cant get it done. year after year winning presidents trophy or finishing top in the league and cant even make it past the 2nd round. ovie has done it all but this. its time for him to move on IMO

4 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

So happy for Phil the thrill, introverted underappreciated player on the Leafs and such a great wristshot, keep it up Phil.

With the Hawks out the Pens are just the best team left it's easy to see.

One of the most underrated and under appreciated players in the league. In 53 playoffs games he has 54 points, he was a huge piece for Pittsburgh. 

14 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

So happy for Phil the thrill, introverted underappreciated player on the Leafs and such a great wristshot, keep it up Phil.

With the Hawks out the Pens are just the best team left it's easy to see.

Phil is in a perfect spot right now in Pittsburgh.  He's a great player, but not the type of player that will be the centerpiece of the team and lead and drag guys along...that's what people wanted him to be in Toronto and he's just not.  He's able to just be a supporting player in Pittsburgh, not worry about much else.

53 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Phil is in a perfect spot right now in Pittsburgh.  He's a great player, but not the type of player that will be the centerpiece of the team and lead and drag guys along...that's what people wanted him to be in Toronto and he's just not.  He's able to just be a supporting player in Pittsburgh, not worry about much else.

The media in Toronto has a way of making great players who are naturally shy or somewhat antisocial very uncomfortable with their incessant interviews and cameras in their faces after they do something as small as take a s*** and they end up wanting out.

The media in Toronto has a way of making great players who are naturally shy or somewhat antisocial very uncomfortable with their incessant interviews and cameras in their faces after they do something as small as take a s*** and they end up wanting out.

Exactly and I think this will be a problem for Toroto when it comes down to attracting the top free agents. In Tampa you pay no tax, no media and players actually can walk around without being recognized that's a huge plus. That being said I hope TSN brings back Lebrun

No way that should have been a game misconduct. Crosby was going down. That's the only reason contact to the head was made. That being said if Crosby is out the rest of the playoffs and the Pens don't win it all this rivalry might have just reached Wings/Av's status.

wow i dont favor either team but thats a bulls*** goal. knuitz hits holtbys leg which interferes with him making the save..i would be pissed if i was a caps fan

edit: wow they made the right call

Edited by brett

either caps suck or penguins are that good. MAF is back

shattenkirk looks over rated as f***. plays bigger then he is though

i love how hard ovie skates but goes nowhere

Edited by brett

The referee should be banned from officiating again in the playoffs for letting the fans influence his officiating. Niskanen should not have been tossed from the game just because Crosby got hurt and people were upset.  

21 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

The referee should be banned from officiating again in the playoffs for letting the fans influence his officiating. Niskanen should not have been tossed from the game just because Crosby got hurt and people were upset.  

It didn't look too bad from one angle, but looks downright nasty from another and from that angle, I have no issues with the call.

That was more Niskanen trying to brace against Crosby sliding into him than anything else.  Bad result, but I can't see any malicious intent there.  If he gets suspended, it'll only be because Uncle Gary's Golden Boy got hurt on the play.  Anyone else is hurt like that and he probably doesn't even get the game.